IGNORED

Art on the Hill condo debacle in Pattaya

The Real Pattaya Addict

I thought it might be a temporary staircase to allow construction of another fire escape on the outside where normal people would construct one. But why not build temp outside too then? Security guard says its permanent and knowing how fucking stupid and ultimately cheap Matrix are.... Well another ace to any legal battle. People didn't buy into this being in the Atrium. It's not on the contract drawings, it's an i sore etc etc

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would be happy with a circular staircase,  The original plans had bigger units on the side where the studios are.  My only guess is when they redesigned to make more studios in the complex, the fire escape didn't allow for more occupants.  Again, we can only guess because Matrix choses not to communicate to it's customers.

I thought it might be a temporary staircase to allow construction of another fire escape on the outside where normal people would construct one. But why not build temp outside too then? Security guard says its permanent and knowing how fucking stupid and ultimately cheap Matrix are.... Well another ace to any legal battle. People didn't buy into this being in the Atrium. It's not on the contract drawings, it's an i sore etc etc

"Ppl didn't buy into this"

Well, see, that's the beauty of withholding individual titles. Matrix is the Juristic person and can approve any changes post-OR-6 it likes. No messy meetings of the tenants to deal with ;)

I would guess it's due to the roof area not originally being on the plans as its higher and so it's like a new floor to the Thais. But I don't get the reason if already have OR6 as I've been told. I await double confirmation from my lawyer on the OR6 status soon

I second Phil's post and recommend everyone to like and follow Pattaya Condo Spy's facebook page. They've been posting a lot of good updates on many condo projects, a number of them involving Matrix. Show your support for the good work PCS is doing ;)

People, an excellent Facebook site here for information on Pattaya condos, and in particular the most recent post is all about Art On The Hill. 

Feel free to share the link and comment.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pattaya-Condo-Spy/802609596498870?fref=ts

Regards

Phil 

Thanks Phil,

Great page and info... these days any news will travel fast, FB will educate many potential buyers...

AOH was a wonderful project but its getting stranger by day... What's next is my question, fire escape staircase in every possible corner???

Matrix have done this to themselves by their utter lack of service. Worse their blatant disregard to their customers as well. Not to mention the intentional withholding of Title Deeds which is the last straw.

I've ready had a friend in Australia come across this thread on his own bat, likely as he (was) interested in buying with Matrix. Not any more.....

Thanks Phil,

Great page and info... these days any news will travel fast, FB will educate many potential buyers...

AOH was a wonderful project but its getting stranger by day... What's next is my question, fire escape staircase in every possible corner???

Well, from an outsider's perspective (mine), I would never consider AOH 'wonderful'. Yes, it has a good location, but that's all. There's lots of either neutral or negative aspects to the project. It's like that poster back on like page 5 or so, claiming that matrix builds 'resort' projects' ....what a load of crap.

Sorry to be so negative, still on my first cup of coffee ;)

Everyone - I just heard back from my Lawyer, I have a meeting tomorrow to discuss his findings of all official documents RE Art On The Hill project, and its implications on moving forward. 

From what I gathered on the brief call:

• No Chanote application has been made. 
  • If I understood him correctly, Matrix DO NOT have OR6 (building occupancy) approval from the government.

His phone English was not 100%, and it seemed that the issue(s) require in depth discussion, due to there being multiple issues, so I will have to get back to everyone after my meeting tomorrow. 

Regards

Phil  

Im sure that if they do not have OR6 then legally nobody should be living there. In addition to this Matrix wont be able to get the building insured.

I'll find out tomorrow I guess. They might have verbal OR6 with conditions such as the cluster fuck they are bodging together in our Atrium now

Phil i wish you and all buyers the best of luck and hope this will get resolved. Nobody should be treated like this its simply shocking how Matrix are treating you.

As for the structure in the atrium i have no words, how on earth could this be a staircase

Phil i wish you and all buyers the best of luck and hope this will get resolved. Nobody should be treated like this its simply shocking how Matrix are treating you.

As for the structure in the atrium i have no words, how on earth could this be a staircase

Matrix did NOT consult ANY of the residents about this, not even inform ANY of the residents of this. A notice appeared on the day of the construction randomly on the wall...thats it! When you ask questions you get ignored first, and if you perceiver get fed bullshit. 

I am sure the gym will be top notch - it's been under construction now 6 months plus

UPDATE:

Matrix Development's DO NOT have OR6 Residency Approval for Art On The Hill with City Hall. 

City Hall state they should receive approval in 15 days. 

Once OR6 granted Matrix can immediately apply for Chanote process to begin at the Land Office, which generally takes C. 60 days to process. 

UPDATE:

Matrix Development's DO NOT have OR6 Residency Approval for Art On The Hill with City Hall.

City Hall state they should receive approval in 15 days.

Once OR6 granted Matrix can immediately apply for Chanote process to begin at the Land Office, which generally takes C. 60 days to process.

Phil, thank you for your input. It's very valuable.

ed23f71f1ae5beea65787c432fef5cf6.jpg

Construction progress at AOTH, 109 days after key hand over....

Next, their gonna smash entrances though concrete so you can enter the staircase, thats gonna look really shite.  My only thoughts are when the body corp is formed we sue matrix, tear it down and put in a circular staircase that will look good, but once concrete is smashed to make entrances, its gonna be hard to fix.  On another subject how's the atrium floor holding up? and have they made any progress on the gym?

Next, their gonna smash entrances though concrete so you can enter the staircase, thats gonna look really shite.  My only thoughts are when the body corp is formed we sue matrix, tear it down and put in a circular staircase that will look good, but once concrete is smashed to make entrances, its gonna be hard to fix.

Just weld some arching handrails from the thingy to the railing on the concrete wall, no need to smash thru. After all, its supposed to be for emergencies anyway, right? Who in their right mind would get on that thing at any other time? Hope small kids stay off it, great place to fall several floors.

IMG_5373.JPGIMG_5374.JPGIMG_5375.JPG

Todays destruction of the Atrium....

Art On The Hill; Atrium & Gym: Comparison - Design Vs Actual....

Matrix Atrium.jpg

Matrix Gym.jpg

Anyone feel cheated? 

Thanks Phil,

Actual gym is quite airy, just in case if you're sweating off using all of that invisible high end gym equipment.

CGI and real life product are not even remotely close... 

I could only imagine if you are buying a car, based on CGI and later discover that back seats are missing...

Art On The Hill; Atrium & Gym: Comparison - Design Vs Actual....

Anyone feel cheated? 

Yep, I'm feeling cheated, do you think it's good idea for a future body corp to sue Matrix?  That way we can pool our money and try and get compensation to redo their dodgy work.

With the shoddy building quality here there will be multiple issues arising in the not too distant future. Who pays? I don't know as Matrix will just blame the building contractors who will blame the design etc etc. But yes it needs to be discussed in the first meeting of the body corporate....

Archived