IGNORED

Art on the Hill condo debacle in Pattaya

The Real Pattaya Addict

I like the way they describe the 21.5 sq m studios as having "spacious floor plans".

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This Matrix Developments abomination devalues every single one of the 135 units here at AOTH. 

Could we sue Matrix over this, and all the other broken sales promises? I would hope so, and as of December Class Action Law suits become possible in Thailand.....who's in??

Count me in!

Stairway to Heaven performed by cover band "May Tricks"

I come to Thailand for the beaches.....How about you ???

They said it would take about 14 days. It's been 19 days already....

Surely they will clad this stairway? Build a stud wall around it and paint it white at least?

To leave it open like it is now would be ridiculous.

They will most likely be breaking out the wall later. Today I also noticed most of the structure is currently only tac welded. 20 days into the 14 day construction & it's not nearly completed....

I can't see any rails on the sides of the stairs, Phil. It may be the camera angle. If no rails, ir seems pretty dangerous, especially if kids strart climbing on it. Hope they're being kept away.

There is one side rail now maybe they will put two on later it's clearly not finished. However when it is finally finished it's clearly a huge climbing frame to mis guided kids IMO, side rails or not.

I don't think that is a staircase, just scaffolding they put up wrong.

“Style is when they're running you out of town and you make it look like you're leading the parade.â€

-- William Battie

Ill put an updated picture up later today. It stops (as per (surprisingly)) where the notice says on the 8th floor. So anyone on the 9th floor (pool / non existent gym / non

existent Jacuzzi areas) are fucked. Oh no probs guess these people can use either one of the two actual fire escapes?....

Ill put an updated picture up later today. It stops (as per (surprisingly)) where the notice says on the 8th floor. So anyone on the 9th floor (pool / non existent gym / non

existent Jacuzzi areas) are fucked. Oh no probs guess these people can use either one of the two actual fire escapes?....

Hey, Phil, would you mind showing a closeup of a typical tacking weld they used? Wondering how stable the structure is. Also, can we see what the two "actual fire escapes look like? Fire doors?

Updated picture of Matrix Developments cluster fuck "fire escape"

5ec9ef3252cacfb1470c4c1fdd1d9893.jpg

Pictures of "tac" welds I.e. Temporary welds. The structure will move so it's normal to tac first. If the welds do not get completed its in comprehensible

8c268cb66a4a057c4b427edeb5d7352a.jpg

9f9921174491feb3d759f41ac80772f9.jpg

Picture of actual fire escape (building has 2) from roof to ground floor

803c8d4a6fbf12a2f289614c61d3852e.jpg

Access doors to actual fire escape (nearest and furthest doors)

7c11195c34cfb18ecdfe95c9d11e75d9.jpg

Should this thread now be moved to the "Funny Shite" Section ?

I come to Thailand for the beaches.....How about you ???

I've heard today from Matrix that the OR6 was awarded a week ago and that the Chanotes are due to be issued end of July.

Also I was advised by Matrix the new fire escape is temporary only. It will be coming down, thank goodness.

I've heard today from Matrix that the OR6 was awarded a week ago and that the Chanotes are due to be issued end of July.

Also I was advised by Matrix the new fire escape is temporary only. It will be coming down, thank goodness.

Some good news at the end!

Thanks Phil!

I would imagine that the staircase has been put in to get OR6 as soon as its approved then they will knock it down. So if they really do have OR6 why are they continuing to build it would be my question.

I don't know how well you know Thai people / the Thai "systems" Noobie, but there is zero Logic or Critical Reasoning in Thailand. Trying to reason with people here, or figure out a reasoning will only send you home bat shit crazy. 

However that does not distract from the very real fact that Matrix fucked up this project majorly, and has been paying for it ever since with the Thai "legal system". But in the end it is the residents that pay. I just hope that all this gets sorted ASAP - and legally, so we have zero issues later when this shit developer has left the scene....

My only thoughts are that 'it' is a temporary staircase, so they can, wait for it, build the rooftop gym!  Otherwise, the two internal fire escapes seem fine.  Or maybe they built it and realised how shit it was, than bribed city hall to allow OR6 to get through.  I've seen this staircase before as well, I think it is the put up knock down type, used by developers to show views to prospective buyers at new developments.   Anyway, eventually the real story will come out.  On another note, looks like pattaya condo spys' facebook page got removed, maybe the developers made a complaint.  I'm starting to think we should build a list of things that need fixing, or missing features from what was advertised to us.  The body corp is the best platform for legal action, in my opinion, as we can pool our money together and collectively manage the process.  I've been in a development in Australia, where the body corp sued the developer, and it turned out quite well.  If we can get past the staircase debacle, I think the roof is the next big item.  I'd like to see it look like the promise that Matrix made to us, after all, we all know Matrix 'build their promises!'

Oh I didn't realise PCS was down, I thought I had been blocked due to posting a nawty word! My guess would be Matrix got butt hurt at people making them look bad ( of course it's their own fault for being a cheap shitty developer )....the irony is I was going to post to PCS the good news from Matrix but couldn't as the site was down.

I agree about the body corporate. Once Matrix declare everything is finished we survey everything and decide on the best course of action. I suggest people don't delete their emails to and from Matrix and archive same for possible later use.

Good news, Phil ;)

I'd suggest you also preserve screenshots of Matrix's webpages, where they advertise the jacuzzi, coffee shop, gym, etc. Also where they state that the buyer pays the entire transfer fee.

How are you buyers going to handle the title transfer at the Land Department? Are you going to go individually and allow Matrix to scam you one more time, pressuring you to pay your half of the transfer fee and Matrix's half as well? And bend you over one more time, and insist the buyer pay the stamp tax too, which the seller is to pay under Thai regulations? Collectively, Matrix can rake in a million or two baht.

Archived