Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Art on the Hill condo debacle in Pattaya

The Real Pattaya Addict

The Studios are too small to live in IMO. From what I've noticed living here nobody lives in the Studios, only used has holiday crash pads which makes sense.

Probably could stack 3-4 bargirls in there and they would be living nicer than most of the girls.

But I agree for us used to western living standard is to small. I just use my unit for holiday so it's big enough for me

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Studios are too small to live in IMO. From what I've noticed living here nobody lives in the Studios, only used has holiday crash pads which makes sense.

yep. I got the added bonus of a balcony with mine so perfect really.

nice cheap management fees, cheaper to cool and perfectly adequate for the misses to stay the odd night.

Well we assumed shoddy build quality. Some confirmation today. Nobody can use toilets on one side of the building due to a blockage (caused by poor plumbing). I'm guessing the same issue could / will occur later on the other sides of the building. The issue is on the building side with the most people residing.

5761cf68eb5706fb6e179565549e61a0.jpg

Apparently Matrix didn't supervise construction. Who know what's wrong elsewhere. Only time will tell...

Everyone I've spoken to has been told a different date. Nothing from Matrix, as per usual

I was told end last month...

Man the workmanship here is just so bad.

Not only in this building ... bring in the cheapest from the cheapest they can find in Cambodia , Laos and Myamar

and are surprised things don't go as planned . Man , most of these guys can't even read their own language . How

you expect them to understand how to get such a building together . 

... And being paid 6k Bht a month i would think 'fuck it , i don't care how it turns out' as well ... 

• 2 weeks later...

Well we assumed shoddy build quality. Some confirmation today. Nobody can use toilets on one side of the building due to a blockage (caused by poor plumbing). I'm guessing the same issue could / will occur later on the other sides of the building. The issue is on the building side with the most people residing.

5761cf68eb5706fb6e179565549e61a0.jpg

Hello Phil,

Any updates on that plumbing issue as well as our gym?

Thank you.

Plumbing in this section fixed. Other areas will likely need alterations same as here as more people move into the other sides of the building.

Gym is not great unless you only want running or bike. Not enough machines and essentially no free weights. No weight bench or bars etc. you even have to borrow a remote to use the AC there. Fucking joke.

Still no jacuzzi.

Roof area unfinished.

72ced555bca12af354de559278ab1fdc.jpg

ab8dfa2198480f0f0a37dd7f4475e746.jpg

de0490b13a35fabd4c7e98b83272edfd.jpg

58047261c2fb9b362eb9bd9fa1937e84.jpg

0d56e25323be34f4ffd754c037cec773.jpg

4b6838882c9fcca69959441433313305.jpg

74dc27e84b6dfb43ccf2c3b6c40c4407.jpg

46eee555ac2973e0d8af6f684a0d35bf.jpg

Exercise bikes and treadmills seems to be what dominates most of the “apartment gyms”.

I’m buying a condo off plan and I told them I wanted a pull-up bar in the gym, at first they thought I was talking about one of those machines with a pull-bar attached to weights that you lift. This they told me, they were not keen on, because they didn’t want machines where you’re “dropping weights”, as that might create noise for those living below the gym.

This is an upscale building and the gym gets steam room and roof-top access, but I fear the equipment will just be a bunch of treadmills, though at least I’ll get my pull-up bar :)

This gym is half plus empty. Just like the minds of the developers

yep. I got the added bonus of a balcony with mine so perfect really.

nice cheap management fees, cheaper to cool and perfectly adequate for the misses to stay the odd night.

Expect those "cheap management fees" to go up once you have your chanotes and you have juristic control. Repairing all the structural defects ain't gonna be cheap. There's a Heights Holding building where one of the elevators has been broken for months - the association doesn't have the funds to fix it.

Oh, and I saw the jacuzzi being delivered to AOTH just the other day (pardon the humor):

image.jpg

Expect those "cheap management fees" to go up once you have your chanotes and you have juristic control. Repairing all the structural defects ain't gonna be cheap.

Not saying it won’t be an uphill battle, but according to the condominium act, the default liability period for the building’s structure and components is 5 years from the date of condo registration.

So even if Matrix pass on ownership then they are still liable for fixing things that can be classified as structural issues or poor construction.

If I were among the Matrix owners, I would, as soon as Matrix have passed on the ownership, hire a third party to comb the building for issues needing fixing, and present that to Matrix.

I would also mark the date the liability period ends in my calendar and would double-check that the management company are not letting the owners pay for issues that should be covered by Matrix.

Regarding the latter, because of all these problems, it’s probably a good idea to get rid of any management firm appointed by Matrix, as their loyalty might be skewed toward Matrix.

Well said and agree 100%. It's already been brought up previously in passing and MUST be followed up on ASAP.

All good points, SuperGeil, and that's how it should work. The two key words are "uphill battle", in this particular situation.

Congrats to all AOTH owners who deserve the credit for keeping the (legitimate) pressure on and getting the jacuzzi (as advertised).

Hi Rabbit Run, just out of interest, what height Holdings building, cannot afford to fix their lift?

An owner of a condo posted to the now shut-down pattaya condo spy Facebook site. He provided that info in response to someone else. I don't recall the name of the development, but was in the pratumnak area. Others may recall seeing that post, or were prescient enough to copy the webpage.

I'm very interested to find out as well Banksy. One of the Matrix directors has told one of the residents there will be no Jacuzzi, and there was never any plan to install one, (despite it being promised in ALL the Matrix sales literature) AND after the Matrix letter sent to all the residents promising there WILL be a Jacuzzi.......!!!! Clearly these fuckwits must install one or be sued.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm very interested to find out as well Banksy. One of the Matrix directors has told one of the residents there will be no Jacuzzi, and there was never any plan to install one, (despite it being promised in ALL the Matrix sales literature) AND after the Matrix letter sent to all the residents promising there WILL be a Jacuzzi.......!!!! Clearly these fuckwits must install one or be sued.

Hello Phil,

How is AOH holding in this crazy weather? No flooding issues?

Thanks

No flooding bar a small pool bottom of car park ramp. However I've heard of people on the upper floors having water coming into their rooms previously which was being worked on.

This is not crazy weather either. Just wait to see what a 1:50 year storm does to Pattaya, one of the reasons why I bought on a hill...

Archived