Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

World cup football, Brazil, 2014.

jocky king

but jose is actually right,a team that loses the first game stands about 15% chance to advance to the next stage,when looking at the earlier world cup results

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your right Iggy I have seen those stats,  but didn't Spain lose to Switzerland last world cup so its not the end YET...not that we could win it anyway. No wonder hes not been adopted yet the opinionated little shit

^ the winners are playing as we speak I reckon,  infact their bench would win it.

Stevie

Germany winning 3-0 , probably will be 6-0 , Pepe of Portugal got send off for a little headbutt , silly thing to do. I hate to see the match spoiled by a send off . Was looking forward to that match , now I won't bother watching the second half .

^ ditto... I hate red cards it ruins the entertainment you know a team wont come back now... I also was looking forward to this game.

Get Busy Living... Or Get Busy Dying

i think most of us were,havent seen the second leg.dont think i bother to see the rest of the days games either.

African champions Nigeria threw the kitchen sink at Impressive Iran defence , would make the Iran president very proud of em, lol. Iran is more glad than Nigeria to get a point. Bosnia whom are in the same group as theirs , is delighted with the result. The match between Nigeria and Bosnia will be crucial for both .

USA won the unlikely three points to go equal with Germany . Beckerman was the star of the show, covered every blade of grass on the pitch. Portugal will have a glimmer of hope with Ghana losing a expected three points . Thought they got a deserved draw on the 82 nd minute but USA had different ideas. Well done USA. Germany playing Ghana next will be a tough match.

USA won the unlikely three points to go equal with Germany . Beckerman was the star of the show, covered every blade of grass on the pitch. Portugal will have a glimmer of hope with Ghana losing a expected three points . Thought they got a deserved draw on the 82 nd minute but USA had different ideas. Well done USA. Germany playing Ghana next will be a tough match.

Why unlikely when 13th ranked USA plays 34th ranked Ghana?

The 3 things i dislike about professional footballing   (Soccer antics) are;

1, Shirt Pulling.

2. 'Klinsman'-esque Diving, c/w rolling around like they are in their Death Throws (to get someone a Red Card and Sent off .

3.Professional/Cynical Fouls.

Over to you 'FIFA'

Why unlikely when 13th ranked USA plays 34th ranked Ghana?

Did not realize that , when watching the match , the Ghanians attacked 80 % more than the Americans , I assumed that they were superior . USA did well to parked two buses on their goal. Howard was fantastic in goalie. Klinsman must have stick to this plan . They lost a striker through injuries . Against Germany and Bosnia ,will they stick to the same game plan, parking the bus again. We will see . I was glad to see USA won, half of my mothers family lives in USA . Thanks for reminding me of their rankings. Was surprised with it, Ghana had few top star players like Boetang and Essien .

16th June                                                            My Prediction

Germany 4 Vs 0 Portugal  5pm (11pm Thai)           2-1

Iran 0 Vs 0 Nigeria  8pm  (2am Thai)                       0-4

Ghana 1 Vs 2  USA   11pm (5am Thai)                    3-2

17th June

Belgium Vs Algeria  5pm (11pm Thai)    5-1

Russia   Vs  South Korea 11pm (5am Thai)   2-2 

Brazil Vs Mexico  8pm (2am Thai)    2-2

Did not realize that , when watching the match , the Ghanians attacked 80 % more than the Americans , I assumed that they were superior . USA did well to parked two buses on their goal. Howard was fantastic in goalie. Klinsman must have stick to this plan . They lost a striker through injuries . Against Germany and Bosnia ,will they stick to the same game plan, parking the bus again. We will see . I was glad to see USA won, half of my mothers family lives in USA . Thanks for reminding me of their rankings. Was surprised with it, Ghana had few top star players like Boetang and Essien .

I asked a Pom at work, who explained that the African teams rankings are a bit lower than they should be because they often play internationals against low ranked African teams, so they don't get the good results against European/Asian/American teams that would lift them up the rankings over some of them otherwise.

sinbad youre pom friend is almost right ,the reason us i ranked so high is they qualify against such teams panama,jamaica and honduras.the rest of the time playing against countries in the area.none any world teams.

so the fifa ranking is a bit dodgy.(aming to hit 1000 post before next trip)

Many of these teams would not be at the World Cup if it was not for very easy qualification rounds. Just look at the African Champions failing to score against Iran (anthough Iran defended well)

Meanwhile Zlatan Ibrahimavic is at home watching on his TV because Sweden had to play Ronaldo and friends in a play-off. I understand it is the World Cup, but some of the teams there are absolutly shocking!  Make yourself comfortable Zlatan, Obi Mikel is running the show tonight!!

I think the regional group stages should be as normal, but once we reach the play-off stage it should be a world wide event. Even the winners of the weaker regions should go into the play-off draw with a home and an away fixture. If they are good enough to progress, they will make it to the finals no problem.

That way we will not lose good teams with good players that can make an Impact on the World Cup. As a massive Football fan I want to see the best Players there. Not guys who could not make my sunday league team.

Sorry if it sounds a little blunt, but it is the truth.

Cannot! miss Brazil - Mexico tonight!! should be a good'un  :ThumbUp6:

Posted Image

My Prediction

17th June

Belgium Vs Algeria  5pm (11pm Thai)    5-1

55555+ Would be nice to see Belgium win a game after their long absence but 5-1 is a bit optimistic Jocky . 

Oh well on the other side we've seen more surprises this world cup already . 

Many of these teams would not be at the World Cup if it was not for very easy qualification rounds. Just look at the African Champions failing to score against Iran (anthough Iran defended well)

Meanwhile Zlatan Ibrahimavic is at home watching on his TV because Sweden had to play Ronaldo and friends in a play-off. I understand it is the World Cup, but some of the teams there are absolutly shocking!  Make yourself comfortable Zlatan, Obi Mikel is running the show tonight!!

I think the regional group stages should be as normal, but once we reach the play-off stage it should be a world wide event. Even the winners of the weaker regions should go into the play-off draw with a home and an away fixture. If they are good enough to progress, they will make it to the finals no problem.

That way we will not lose good teams with good players that can make an Impact on the World Cup. As a massive Football fan I want to see the best Players there. Not guys who could not make my sunday league team.

Sorry if it sounds a little blunt, but it is the truth.

Bang on, the regional quota does rob some good teams a chance to compete, no disrespect but to have both Costa Rica & Honduras make the WC is overcompensarting. I wouldn't bleed for Sweden though, they had their chances but were overly negative against Portugal in the play-offs, sometimes you have got to take the bull by the horns. 

................................................................................................................

I saw on a piece on the BBC before the Bosnia match that they consider Ibrahimavic a traitor for opting to play for Sweden. Fair enough i thought, then i discovered he was born in Sweden. Bit harsh.

I saw on a piece on the BBC before the Bosnia match that they consider Ibrahimavic a traitor for opting to play for Sweden. Fair enough i thought, then i discovered he was born in Sweden. Bit harsh.

D'you reckon he would be in for some rough treatment then in an international match between B&H and Sweeden?

D'you reckon he would be in for some rough treatment then in an international match between B&H and Sweeden?

I would say so!! Was an interesting report. Dzeko was the only player in the starting eleven who grew up in Bosnia. All the others fled during the war and i assume some were born abroad after their parents fled.

Its Brazil time again!!!

Mexico are no mugs. If there is no FIFA corruption this time I think it will be a Close game.

I fancy a 2-2 draw tonight.

Brazil only drew to Mexico , not surprised with the result , the goalie is the one who Mexico should thank for , saving a header on the dying minutes , luckily the header went straight to him . Belgium won against unlucky Algeria , Fellaini scored a good header. Croatia playing tomorrow , will be looking for a three point win to have a chance to qualify , a draw would be a disaster. Can't wait for England /Uruguay match on Thursday a fight for survival .

The South Korea - Russia Game....Did anyone else see the camera shoot to the crowd for a second... Someone had a flag that said "Pattaya" on it... I only got a glimpse lol.. maybe thai fan who knows?

Get Busy Living... Or Get Busy Dying

Archived