IGNORED

World cup football, Brazil, 2014.

jocky king

8f4f64331771011.jpg?nc

Here guys this is the official World Cup contract for your love one to sign! Now there is no excuse for any misbehaving from her/him (whatever floats your boat) because it is clearly in black and white.

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

10398659_668009373268230_783812781529960

Sorry here it is for People with bad eyes! Add the Team of your choice were it says England otherwise it will only stand for England game and believe me, that is a fustrating experiance LOL!

This is true Jocky but it has only been played in South America 4 times

1930  - Uraguay

1950  - Uraguay

1962  - Brazil

1978  - Argentina

so history suggests a South American team should win it.

However, 

I believe times have changed and personally i can only see one team winning  - Germany.

4years ago in South Africa they were all young boys and have grown together over the last 4 years and will have the same team who were narrowly beaten semi finalists by eventual winners Spain. 

Thomas muller is the unsung hero of the side,  not an automatic starter for Bayern Munich but is the first name on Joachim Low's team sheet.  A poacher and deadly finisher.

My Predictions   -

Winners                -       Germany

Top Goal Scorer   -       Thomas Muller 

What about Mexico they have hosted the world cup twice in recent history.

Can't see past Brazil or Argentina myself.

Germany have a great Chance that is true. But I do not think they have what it takes to go all the way. The major factor here is the weather conditions. Everything in Brazil is very different. Hot and hummid and even the pitches feel very different, the grass is not the same as in europe. John Barnes said you really have no idea how different it is until you play in it for real. So for this reason I think no European Team can win this comp.

Brazil and Argentina are strong teams in their own right, having it in their climate and having their own support there to will make them even stronger. It is going to take one hell of an effort to dump them out. still can be done.

Going to be interesting.

Germany have a great Chance that is true. But I do not think they have what it takes to go all the way. The major factor here is the weather conditions. Everything in Brazil is very different. Hot and hummid and even the pitches feel very different, the grass is not the same as in europe. John Barnes said you really have no idea how different it is until you play in it for real. So for this reason I think no European Team can win this comp.

Brazil and Argentina are strong teams in their own right, having it in their climate and having their own support there to will make them even stronger. It is going to take one hell of an effort to dump them out. still can be done.

Going to be interesting.

Or even Uruguay , they have won twice in South America including In Brazil, t hey have a nice squad with Suarez included. I have a funny feelings that they will be in the final with Argentina . Spain and Italy have a better chances than rest of Europeans due to their similar weather and cultures .

trevor mexico is in central america,but hosted it 1970 and ?

Mexico host the 1986 World Cup , won by Argentina. It was the World Cup 1986 famous for a hand of god goal against England in the Quarter final . And they went on to beat West Germany in the final. Brazil won the other Mexico 1970 with Pele in a super form . Gordon Banks made a greatest save ever seen for England against Brazil from a Pele header on that year.

trevor mexico is in central america,but hosted it 1970 and ?

I do not believe that central america is a continent from my studies at school and it sure ain,t in North america

Fuck me just researched it and it is classed as North america.Geography lesson learnt for the day

Yes Italy are my "dark horse" They ALWAYS put a shift in when big comps turn up! I will chuck a 20 on them.

Saturday is getting closer and I am looking forward to watching the England game in the pub.  And as the match doesnt kick-off toll 11pm our time I think it'll be very late before  leave the pub and go home.  Hopefully I will be celebrating an England win

Only two days to go for the opening of the World Cup in São Paulo , can't wait for the match between England and Italy , Holland and Spain are the ones we all want to watch.

Only two days to go for the opening of the World Cup in São Paulo , can't wait for the match between England and Italy , Holland and Spain are the ones we all want to watch.

Yup love the World Cup - starting Thursday, football on TV every night for the next month..bliss! Would be even better if I was in Patts though! 

Yup love the World Cup - starting Thursday, football on TV every night for the next month..bliss! Would be even better if I was in Patts though! 

I wonder if the girls have their team colors ready and it would be interesting to see which team is their favorite.I suppose it will depend on which nationality frequents the bar where they work the most.

I have always loved the world cup also and remember them all since 1970 but i get to involved with the hype around England and actually feel physically sick when watching them play.I think alcohol has something to do with it but i am dreading that day when it all goes horribly wrong as it always does apart from 1966 when i was to young to remember

Judging by your nationality though scot 75 you may be looking forward to the day when England bites the dust!!!.

Interesting breakdown of the "luckiest" and "unluckiest" draws in the NY Times today.

Love the headline: "Australia, the World Cup’s Unluckiest Country."

England has one of the less "lucky" draws too.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/06/upshot/australia-finds-itself-in-bad-spot-in-world-cup.html?smid=tw-nytimes&_r=2

Looks like we'll beat the postcards home. 

I told a mate I was hoping for three goals. He said "Are you counting own goals?"

I still predict one off Timmy Cahill's noggin.

Love the headline: "Australia, the World Cup’s Unluckiest Country."

Some people would say Australia are the luckiest nation after being allowed to change federations therefore making qualifacation easier. 

I think it would be a fun idea to update the signature strips with daily score predictions for the day.

Just an idea for a bit of harmless fun a banter. 

I think it would be a fun idea to update the signature strips with daily score predictions for the day.

Just an idea for a bit of harmless fun a banter.

Great idea ... Brazil to win 3-1??? I think 2-0.

I wonder if the girls have their team colors ready and it would be interesting to see which team is their favorite.I suppose it will depend on which nationality frequents the bar where they work the most.

I have always loved the world cup also and remember them all since 1970 but i get to involved with the hype around England and actually feel physically sick when watching them play.I think alcohol has something to do with it but i am dreading that day when it all goes horribly wrong as it always does apart from 1966 when i was to young to remember

Judging by your nationality though scot 75 you may be looking forward to the day when England bites the dust!!!.

LoL normally we do enjoy it when England get stuffed if only to shut the commentators like John Motson up! We used to have sweepstakes on what minute Motty would mention 1966! This world cup seems different though...there's no massive hype or expectation. Unfortunately for me I've been waiting since 1998 for Scotland to get to either the World Cup or Euros.

LoL normally we do enjoy it when England get stuffed if only to shut the commentators like John Motson up! We used to have sweepstakes on what minute Motty would mention 1966! This world cup seems different though...there's no massive hype or expectation. Unfortunately for me I've been waiting since 1998 for Scotland to get to either the World Cup or Euros.

Remembered Ally McLeod bringing his Scot squad to Argentina in 1978 for World Cup, that was when I first watched it on new color TV , lol . Those were the days, Archie Gemmill scored a super goal against Holland , the fans were super out there.

Remembered Ally McLeod bringing his Scot squad to Argentina in 1978 for World Cup, that was when I first watched it on new color TV , lol . Those were the days, Archie Gemmill scored a super goal against Holland , the fans were super out there.

I was still too young for 78, my first was 82 but really remember 86 especially wee Gordon Strachan scoring against West Germany and then trying to climb over the advertising boards. Always makes me laugh and brings back good memories. 

I also remember Diego Maradona scoring one of the best individual goals I've ever seen (and no not the hand of god one!):

I suspect that this World Cup might well be remembered for the Brasillian people causing protest disruption in the Match venue cities.

If and when Brazil get dumped out of the tournement then civil unrest could really kick off.

Some people would say Australia are the luckiest nation after being allowed to change federations therefore making qualifacation easier.

Certainly has benefited us but the previous position of us playing island states of Oceania and winning by cricket scores wasn't doing anyone any good. Australian football belongs in Asia.

Sepp Blatter has hinted this morning that he want to be a president of FIFA for the fifth term. Unbelievable . After all the corruption rumours over the years .

I am not sure Brazil will have a walkover tonight, there is a lot of pressure on them to perform with what is going on in the country, we have seen other WC where they have been favorites and not turned up.

Shock  2-2 result 33/1 shot

Archived