IGNORED

World cup football, Brazil, 2014.

jocky king

I take it you mean Ricky Lambert, not Paul the Aston Villa manager.  Ricky is 32,  hardly a young player.

All i am saying is that the amount of foreigners in England is ultimately to the detrament of their national side in my opinion.  Fewer foreign players would mean more English youngsters making the breakthrough with their clubs and in time onto the national side.   

Exactly my thoughts.

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very true , I don't see many foreigners playing in Belguim , France ,Holland and Germany League, and now they are rewarded with a better progress to the further stages in this year World Cup. We may never know about the true talents the England have but for too many foreigners present. Was reading the earlier post about Holland have a great encouragement to the kids to play football . Years ago , Ajax was the best club in Europe for bringing up their own players from schooling, they are still doing it today. 60 million lives in UK , Uruguay only has 3 million population . Big difference , but Uruguay have better footballers , they are football crazy people, playing out on the street, UK used to have that years ago until council stopped them playing on the street , government not providing any funds to disadvantage areas to play football . Sad to see the country not thinking of kids future ,

Very true , I don't see many foreigners playing in Belguim , France ,Holland and Germany League, and now they are rewarded with a better progress to the further stages in this year World Cup. We may never know about the true talents the England have but for too many foreigners present. Was reading the earlier post about Holland have a great encouragement to the kids to play football . Years ago , Ajax was the best club in Europe for bringing up their own players from schooling, they are still doing it today. 60 million lives in UK , Uruguay only has 3 million population . Big difference , but Uruguay have better footballers , they are football crazy people, playing out on the street, UK used to have that years ago until council stopped them playing on the street , government not providing any funds to disadvantage areas to play football . Sad to see the country not thinking of kids future ,

48% of Bundesliga players are foreigners

Source: http://bundesligafanatic.com/nationalities-represented-in-the-bundesliga/

Dozens of La Liga players are foreigners:

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_foreign_La_Liga_players

A stonewall penalty for Iran denied by the referee , a disgrace .

Hard luck Iran , injury time goal from Messi , I feel sorry for Iran. they worked their socks off .

The media in England has a lot to answer for, the papers seems to pick the team. As for the manager being a nice, yes man, you got Capello ( the opposite to Hodgson ) & spat him out, ( you can't have it every way) but yet again player power, an over active media always has it's way. Add to that a heavy domestic fixture list that runs over the Christmas period, when adding up all these variables it's no surprise really.

jinx

Catch my first report ;               Catch my third report ;

Drinker Tailor Sober Thai     The Place Beyond The Fines. 

Catch my second report ;        My final report :

The Monger Games            Final Random Acts 

Lots of foreign players plying their trade in France, Belgium, Germany and Spain. 

The key difference is that even top teams like Bayern Munich and Barcelona consider it a must to develop their own players. While in England developing youth usually means raiding somebody else's academy for the best talent. 

I know it's pretty baby, but I didn't take it out for air.

Great match between Germany and Ghana (2-2) , Ghana deserved every credit in the match , I feel sorry for Ghana when Germany equalized the match , I thought Ghana would have hold on to win, Now they are hoping for Portugal to beat USA to have any chance to go into the last sixteen . Well done to Ghana and Germany for a great entertainment I enjoyed very much.

You havent beat germany untill youve beaten them! Ghana surprised and germany dissappointed imo.

Same what happened to Holland against aussies.

They expect a cakewalk and face a team with fume on their mouths.

Both holland and germany are my top 2 to win this cup.

And to respond to ealier posts yes! Germany had many foreigners playing in the bundesliga.but if you look at the national team? 90% still plays in germany.

i cant see usa beat portugal,who now have to win,and no pepe on the field that means that the chances to have 11 players on the field is quite high.i dont think any of the u.s players have any better player than the worst portogues

i cant see usa beat portugal,who now have to win,and no pepe on the field that means that the chances to have 11 players on the field is quite high.i dont think any of the u.s players have any better player than the worst portogues

Keep Ronaldo away from the ball and you have a good chance . 

jerry portugal have some other good midfieldes so if you have one or two men keeping an eye on ronaldo you leave nani a lot of space ,and also counting thr free kicks that will be awarded to them.some portugal players are not keen on trying to keep their balance when tackled

I know Portugal has more good players but last game they tried to play almost every ball through

Ronaldo . It didn't work out but that's another story . 

Let Portugal make the game as that's something they don't like . Build a solid defense and try to

score from a counter . Portugal need the points so they will play more offense as what they're

used to .  

I think the US can give Portugal a tough evening and i won't be surprised if the US gets out with

a draw or even the win . 

I can see the match being a tight one.

Stevie

well for all english fotball fans,you can forget ever winning the world cup again,this from the highest scource michael palin yes the michael palin.

What possible interested would or should a Premier League club have in youth development for the national team?

The fact that the English have the opportunity to play against some the best in the world week in week out should make their national team better not worse.

What you said is true, but at the same time the top premiership clubs dont always have the patience to nurture young English players,they want success and they want it now,so splash the cash on foreign players hoping they will do the business,sometimes it pays off and sometimes it dosnt.

If you limited the amount of foreign players a club could have it would be detriment to the league itself,and so therefore lose its appeal,we cant have it both ways unfortunately.

Belguim win against Russia was a bore even though Belguim deserved the win, Algeria winning 2-0 to Korea , this match was much better , lovely football being played .

Belguim win against Russia was a bore even though Belguim deserved the win, Algeria winning 2-0 to Korea , this match was much better , lovely football being played .

Yup the Belgium - Russia match was soooo boring until the last minute I feel asleep and missed most of 2nd half!

USA 2 - Portugal 1... about 9 mins left + injury time

If USA win they go through and Portugal go home.

Get Busy Living... Or Get Busy Dying

Heartbreaking finish for the Yanks, but it seems to me that they are still a good chance of going through.

Yeah that was awful... They gave ronaldo way too much space in the last minute of the game... But as it is now even if they lose to germany hopefully not by too much and somehow ghana wins they still go through on goal difference... Thursday is gonna be crazy both games on at the same time.

Get Busy Living... Or Get Busy Dying

Heartbreaking way for the States to lose on the last play, still I think they are pleased to have 4 points at this stage. Better than most people would have expected.

Tied, not lost.  Great game.

Revelations about Ghana and match fixing in the media today could impact the team's performance against Portugal and hence the chances of the USA in the group.

Archived