Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

World cup football, Brazil, 2014.

jocky king

Champion League , Premiership, the Championship, The Scottish Premier and the rest of European football is over now. Starting a new thread for World Cup in Brazil in few weeks time . I fancy South Amercian countries to win this time, No countries outside South Amercia had ever won the World Cup in South Amercia. But there is always the first time for everything. I will go for Argentina to win the World Cup. Messi will be crucial for Argentina , The best players in the world had to win the World Cup in their time, Pele did, Maradona did, cruyff almost did but failed by West Germany.

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jockey king,one player never had won a world cup.78 holland made it to th final whitout cruyff,was even closer to win than against germany.if only have one world class player and the rest of the team are of significant lower standard youre out of the title race.i dont think argentine have that problem,maybe their defence are not that good.brasil have a good defending line but maybe lack goal scorers.

i think germany will be the best european team,and maybe be the first team to win in south america.

sweden my home country have one world class player and then there is great gap down to the rest of the team,the main reason we didnt qualified so one playr cant rescue a team.

Germany have a good solid squad and is probably the favourite non-SA team to win. While England is in a tough group, a lot of their players are young or new been to a WC. I wonder if this will make them more fearless and take more opportunities or just lose out on inexperience.

As for the SA countries, Brazil dominated Spain in Confederations Cup so they looking mostly likely to win it, especially on home turf but this is football and anything can happen. I do hope Argentina win it just to piss off Brazil but I'm not sure their defence will be strong enough unless their attack just compensate for it by trying to score as much goals as possible. 

As for my team, Australia. If we even get one point in group stage, I'll be ecstatic. If they're in round of 16 by the time I get to Thailand, I'll shout everyone in the first bar I go to a drink.

No countries outside South Amercia had ever won the World Cup in South Amercia. But there is always the first time for everything.

This is true Jocky but it has only been played in South America 4 times

1930  - Uraguay

1950  - Uraguay

1962  - Brazil

1978  - Argentina

so history suggests a South American team should win it.

However, 

I believe times have changed and personally i can only see one team winning  - Germany.

4years ago in South Africa they were all young boys and have grown together over the last 4 years and will have the same team who were narrowly beaten semi finalists by eventual winners Spain. 

Thomas muller is the unsung hero of the side,  not an automatic starter for Bayern Munich but is the first name on Joachim Low's team sheet.  A poacher and deadly finisher.

My Predictions   -

Winners                -       Germany

Top Goal Scorer   -       Thomas Muller 

Stevie

1950 brazil?????????????????????????????????????????? as far i know uruguay won 1930 and 1950 and brazil won their first title in råsunda fotball stadium solna the year was 1958 with pele playing his first world cup games toghether with alegria do povo brazilnever lost a game when those two played.

This is true Jocky but it has only been played in South America 3 times and each time the host nation won it.

1930  - Uraguay

1950  - Brazil

1978  - Argentina

so history suggests Brazil should win it.

However, 

I believe times have changed and personally i can only see one team winning  - Germany.

4years ago in South Africa they were all young boys and have grown together over the last 4 years and will have the same team who were narrowly beaten semi finalists by eventual winners Spain. 

Thomas muller is the unsung hero of the side,  not an automatic starter for Bayern Munich but is the first name on Joachim Low's team sheet.  A poacher and deadly finisher.

My Predictions   -

Winners                -       Germany

Top Goal Scorer   -       Thomas Muller 

1950 brazil?????????????????????????????????????????? as far i know uruguay won 1930 and 1950 and brazil won their first title in råsunda fotball stadium solna the year was 1958 with pele playing his first world cup games toghether with alegria do povo brazilnever lost a game when those two played.

Yeah , Uruguay won in 1950 beating Brazil in the final, Brazil won the first World Cup in 1958 then went on to win the 1962 World Cup, they also won 1970, 1994 and 2002.

I shall be betting my house on the mighty ENGLAND.........!!.

I will pay you a month barfine if they wins . 555

I actually fancy a European team to win out this time, Germany and Spain have strong squads and if England click they should have a good tournament.

fred.. 

I will pay you a month barfine if they wins . 555  Think you're money's safe, old boy..!!

Some thing's baby i just can't swallow,

Momma told me that girls are hollow..

Uhuhh...whats inside a girl....?? Lux Interior

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/91866-first-port-of-call/page__fromsearch__1

CountdownClockCodes.com

I will pay you a month barfine if they wins . 555  Think you're money's safe, old boy..!!

Oh yeah , I will take your house too. PM your address just in case.

Oh yeah , I will take your house too. PM your address just in case.

............I didn't finish my original msg...meant to say.............I shall be betting my house on the mighty ENGLAND.....to come home early....!!

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/91866-first-port-of-call/page__fromsearch__1

CountdownClockCodes.com

The continental championships has been dominated by Spanish teams this year, could have a dual effect on the national side, either very tired players or very pumped up players. Germany has an excellent team but with injury concerns, Brazil being the home team certainly has an edge while Argentina only has half a team, their defence is virtually non-existent. Never rule out the Italians though, especially in big tournaments.

................................................................................................................

I shall be betting my house on the mighty ENGLAND.........!!.

You shouldn't post when drunk as you make silly predictions..... Lol

Let's hope all the stadiums are complete and fully operational as some are still a work in process.

My mistake,  i have edited my post.  Bloody wikipedea  lol               :SoWhat1:

Stevie

The continental championships has been dominated by Spanish teams this year, could have a dual effect on the national side, either very tired players or very pumped up players. Germany has an excellent team but with injury concerns, Brazil being the home team certainly has an edge while Argentina only has half a team, their defence is virtually non-existent. Never rule out the Italians though, especially in big tournaments.

I'm with you there, Mick. Was favouring Germany but now it looks half their team will be made of international newbies just to compensate numbers for injured main players. Top of the list now Spain for me if not too tired and Brazil due to the home effect. Italians... meh...but we'll see.

My predictions are as follows although I have not checked if they will play each other in the latter rounds:

Winners: Spain
Runners up: Brazil
Third: Argentina
Forth: Germany

Dark horses- Belgium & South Korea

Team to finish in last place – Iran

I'd be happy if England could secure qualification from the group stages

The groupings for reference:

Group A             Group B        Group C             Group D           Group E         Group F              Group G   

Brazil                 Spain             Colombia           Uruguay            Swiss            Argentina           Germany

Croatia               Holland         Greece              Costa Rica        Ecuador        Bosnia-Herz       Portugal

Mexico               Chile             Ivory Coast        England            France          Iran                     Ghana

Cameroon          Australia       Japan                 Italy                   Honduras     Nigeria                USA

Group H

Belgium

Algeria

Russia

S Korea

................................................................................................................

Full TV split for the group matches

12 June: Brazil v Croatia (21:00, ITV)

13 June: Mexico v Cameroon (17:00, ITV), Spain v Netherlands (20:00, BBC), Chile v Australia (23:00, ITV)

14 June: Colombia v Greece (17:00, BBC), Uruguay v Costa Rica (20:00, ITV), England v Italy (23:00, BBC)

15 June: Ivory Coast v Japan (02:00, ITV), Switzerland v Ecuador (17:00, ITV), France v Honduras (20:00, BBC), Argentina v Bosnia-Hercegovina (23:00, BBC)

16 June: Germany v Portugal (17:00, ITV), Iran v Nigeria (20:00, BBC), Ghana v USA (23:00, BBC)

17 June: Brazil v Mexico (20:00, BBC), Belgium v Algeria (17:00, ITV), Russia v South Korea (23:00, BBC)

18 June: Cameroon v Croatia (23:00, ITV), Australia v The Netherlands (17:00, ITV), Spain v Chile (20:00, BBC)

19 June: Colombia v Ivory Coast (17:00, BBC), Japan v Greece (23:00, BBC), England v Uruguay (20:00, ITV)

20 June: France v Switzerland (20:00, ITV), Italy v Costa Rica (17:00, BBC), Honduras v Ecuador (23:00, ITV)

21 June: Germany v Ghana (20:00. BBC), Argentina v Iran (17:00, ITV), Nigeria v Bosnia-Hercegovina (23:00, BBC)

22 June: Belgium v Russia (17:00, BBC), USA v Portugal (23:00, BBC), South Korea v Algeria (20:00, ITV)

23 June: Cameroon v Brazil (21:00, ITV), Croatia v Mexico (21:00, ITV), Australia v Spain (17:00, ITV), The Netherlands v Chile (17:00, ITV)

24 June: Japan v Colombia (21:00, BBC), Greece v Ivory Coast (21:00, BBC), England v Costa Rica (17:00, ITV), Uruguay v Italy (17:00, ITV)

25 June: Ecuador v France (21:00, BBC), Honduras v Switzerland (21:00, BBC), Nigeria v Argentina (17:00, ITV), Bosnia-Hercegovina v Iran (17:00, ITV)

26 June: South Korea v Belgium (21:00, ITV), Algeria v Russia (21:00, ITV), USA V Germany (17:00, BBC), Portugal v Ghana (17:00, BBC)

(All times are British Summer Time , + 6 hours if you are in Thailand)

Full TV split for the group matches

12 June: Brazil v Croatia (21:00, ITV)

13 June: Mexico v Cameroon (17:00, ITV), Spain v Netherlands (20:00, BBC), Chile v Australia (23:00, ITV)

14 June: Colombia v Greece (17:00, BBC), Uruguay v Costa Rica (20:00, ITV), England v Italy (23:00, BBC)

15 June: Ivory Coast v Japan (02:00, ITV), Switzerland v Ecuador (17:00, ITV), France v Honduras (20:00, BBC), Argentina v Bosnia-Hercegovina (23:00, BBC)

16 June: Germany v Portugal (17:00, ITV), Iran v Nigeria (20:00, BBC), Ghana v USA (23:00, BBC)

17 June: Brazil v Mexico (20:00, BBC), Belgium v Algeria (17:00, ITV), Russia v South Korea (23:00, BBC)

18 June: Cameroon v Croatia (23:00, ITV), Australia v The Netherlands (17:00, ITV), Spain v Chile (20:00, BBC)

19 June: Colombia v Ivory Coast (17:00, BBC), Japan v Greece (23:00, BBC), England v Uruguay (20:00, ITV)

20 June: France v Switzerland (20:00, ITV), Italy v Costa Rica (17:00, BBC), Honduras v Ecuador (23:00, ITV)

21 June: Germany v Ghana (20:00. BBC), Argentina v Iran (17:00, ITV), Nigeria v Bosnia-Hercegovina (23:00, BBC)

22 June: Belgium v Russia (17:00, BBC), USA v Portugal (23:00, BBC), South Korea v Algeria (20:00, ITV)

23 June: Cameroon v Brazil (21:00, ITV), Croatia v Mexico (21:00, ITV), Australia v Spain (17:00, ITV), The Netherlands v Chile (17:00, ITV)

24 June: Japan v Colombia (21:00, BBC), Greece v Ivory Coast (21:00, BBC), England v Costa Rica (17:00, ITV), Uruguay v Italy (17:00, ITV)

25 June: Ecuador v France (21:00, BBC), Honduras v Switzerland (21:00, BBC), Nigeria v Argentina (17:00, ITV), Bosnia-Hercegovina v Iran (17:00, ITV)

26 June: South Korea v Belgium (21:00, ITV), Algeria v Russia (21:00, ITV), USA V Germany (17:00, BBC), Portugal v Ghana (17:00, BBC)

(All times are British Summer Time , + 6 hours if you are in Thailand)

Do you know who the panels are for various channels? Please not Lawro!!

CountdownClockCodes.com

Do you know who the panels are for various channels? Please not Lawro!!

ITV will have a strong managerial presence if Martinez is added to a cast that includes Roy Keane and Hoddle, along with former players Lee Dixon and Patrick Vieira.

The BBC have gone more for players in or just out of the dressing room, with Rio Ferdinand and Thierry Henry joining Phil Neville, Alan Shearer and Alan Hansen.

ITV will have a strong managerial presence if Martinez is added to a cast that includes Roy Keane and Hoddle, along with former players Lee Dixon and Patrick Vieira.

The BBC have gone more for players in or just out of the dressing room, with Rio Ferdinand and Thierry Henry joining Phil Neville, Alan Shearer and Alan Hansen.

Ok thanks...personally Roy Keane is my favourite. But any one is better than Lawro and his shit jokes!!

CountdownClockCodes.com

Archived