IGNORED

World cup football, Brazil, 2014.

jocky king

Happy to see the Germans win! Couldn't understand how Messi got the 'Golden Ball' for player of the tournament...no way in hell Messi did anywhere near enough to win that. 

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations to Germany on becoming World Champions! It has been a long time in the making and well deserved! They turn up for EVERY tournament and have a TEAM to be proud of!

Congratulations to Germany , arguably the best team in the World Cup in Brazil .

image.jpg

Happy to see the Germans win! Couldn't understand how Messi got the 'Golden Ball' for player of the tournament...no way in hell Messi did anywhere near enough to win that. 

Well, he kept an inferior squad in it until 113 minutes into the final. 

I personally believe Robben of Holland was the Player of the Tournament.

But Messi did carry an avarage Argie team to the final with Mascarano(spelling lol) had Messi scored that chance when he was through on goal and Argies won the World Cup 1-0 I doubt anyone would of argued with the decision to award Messi the award. This is the fine margin of football. 

Everyone would of said Messi greatest ever confirmed now. In my opinion he still is the greatest player of all time. Not every great player is lucky enough to win the World Cup. There have been some shit players in history with winners medals. If Zidane had played for Algeria (place of birth) and not France nobody would be saying he is one of the greatest players ever despite being the same man with the same skills. Football mentallity is crazy sometimes.

I personally believe Robben of Holland was the Player of the Tournament.

But Messi did carry an avarage Argie team to the final with Mascarano(spelling lol) had Messi scored that chance when he was through on goal and Argies won the World Cup 1-0 I doubt anyone would of argued with the decision to award Messi the award. This is the fine margin of football. 

Everyone would of said Messi greatest ever confirmed now. In my opinion he still is the greatest player of all time. Not every great player is lucky enough to win the World Cup. There have been some shit players in history with winners medals. If Zidane had played for Algeria (place of birth) and not France nobody would be saying he is one of the greatest players ever despite being the same man with the same skills. Football mentallity is crazy sometimes.

I thought so myself , Neuer , Boateng and USA goalie Howard should be on that list , but Robben would be my number one.

Feeling like a Zombie today without a football match , can't wait for the premiership to start in five weeks time.

Feeling like a Zombie today without a football match , can't wait for the premiership to start in five weeks time.

It's good to have a mini break from football

I tried watching a US pro game last night Seattle vs Portland... was not worth it, the obvious drop in ability made it too painful to watch...

Give it a few years Daddee.

The game is getting more and more popular in the US aswell.

Im sure USA will catch up with South America and Europe and be able to seriously compete for big prizes.

Give it a few years Daddee.

The game is getting more and more popular in the US aswell.

Im sure USA will catch up with South America and Europe and be able to seriously compete for big prizes.

there are some brilliant players, but the passing was nowhere at or near the crisp and competent level of the world cup games...

I have been an ardent fan forever, used to go to all the Seattle Sounders games back in the NASL days, and played in high school then city leagues till I got too strung out then fat in recovery from the former...   :)

love love love the game, am still playing in my dreams...  scored a hat trick one time in my life, will never ever forget that game...  like the one round of golf I shot of 80...  

never came close to repeating either, playing unconsciously on those two days!

ah, memories...  I am liking the memories I am making in Pattaya even more!  starting to check airlines  for prices now in sept/oct...  ha!

:GoldenSmile1:

USA was the most improved team in the World Cup , they can only get stronger as years comes by , Bradley is a star , lots of premiership would love to have him .

Archived