Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Tough New Policy for Visa Runs

Scumbag

“We are aware that some of our target groups, such as Russians and South Koreans,

interesting that they mention south koreans as one of their primary targets...i was not aware that they were a major issue

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have looked as well and can't find it. What I did find was a reference in the Thai Immigration FAQ section that talks about 90 days in 6 months. That link is in post #91 of this thread.  But I have not found anything in the OFFICIAL rules that says that.

well, 90 in 6 months would also equal 180 in 12 months, so that coincides with what aromaz claimed.

well, 90 in 6 months would also equal 180 in 12 months, so that coincides with what aromaz claimed.

The difference is that Aromas said that it included time spent in the country on tourist visas. The 90 days in 180 days was only for time spent in the country under the visa waiver program. That is a huge difference.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

The difference is that Aromas said that it included time spent in the country on tourist visas. The 90 days in 180 days was only for time spent in the country under the visa waiver program. That is a huge difference.

yes true.... and also doesnt specify if it applies to extensions to the visa waiver.

for instance, i entered on a 30 day visa waiver.... at the end of that, i got a 90 day extension from jomtien immigration office... at the end of that, i got another 90 day extension from same office.... after those 2 extensions (total stay 210 days) they said i had to leave the country, so i left for a few days, came back, and started the process over again.

i was not doing back-to-back border runs... but im fairly certain they would count all that time as part of the original 30 day waiver, and therefore obviously way past the 90 day rule in 60 months.....however it was approved by the immigration office, so who knows.

either way, i dont want to take the chance with all the attention on it right now, so ill try for ED visa.

interesting that they mention south koreans as one of their primary targets...i was not aware that they were a major issue

Apparently, Korea have been refusing entry to some Thais despite having a bilateral agreement so the Thais are getting their own back.

BTW Post 192 is utter nonsense. Think the poster dreamt it after too many Singhas!

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

At my language school today they said they have been very busy this week with Russians signing up for ED visas.

It is a convenience that will be a bummer to lose, but it is still dead easy to get an actual visa.

Considering most Thai people would never be able to get a tourist visa to my home country, I don't think I'm in much of a position to complain about Thailand's visa policies.

I would not be surprised to see increased interest / rules with Ed visas by the immigration authorities at some point.

I would not be surprised to see increased interest / rules with Ed visas by the immigration authorities at some point.

Do not be at all surprised....http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/193438-ed-visa-the-easy-optionor-not/

From Thaivisa 24/12/13.

ED' VISA ABUSE

Stricter requirements, new application forms for ED visa extensions

BANGKOK: -- The Ministry of Eduction (MOE) yesterday announced new, stricter requirements for Education visa extensions.
New application forms for education visa extensions have just been released.
The new requirements are:
1. Two year visa history of the student now required (currently only required for applications submitted in Bangkok)

2.  Extra documents required
Proof of income. (to see if the student can support themselves and not work illegally)
Reason for long stay in Thailand, if extended time in Thailand prior to application. ( to check the student is not just a visa runner who cannot get any more tourists visas.)
Pending applications must be resubmitted using the new forms.

The new forms, which are mandatory,"Personal history check" and "Purpose of attending the course" are available for download here:

Attached File  app.pdf   77.07KB   67 downloads
Attached File  app_purpose.pdf   59.85KB   65 downloads

The ED visa system has been scrutinised by The Thai Immigration Bureau and Ministry of Education for a long time, and it's widely known that foreigners have been abusing the ED visa system. Thaivisa.com believe the new, stricter requirements is to prevent applicants using ED visas to work illegally in Thailand.

Thaivisa.com thanks Walen School of Education for pointing out these new requirements.

Ive just deleted this post as it took me so long to type its already been covered (ED visas)

In the beginning was the word and the word was "In" :ThumbUp6:

Once the 30 day visa exemption was no more than 90 days in a 180 day period at land borders, then they changed it to a 15 day visa exemption without the 180 day period, Then they changed it to 30 day visa exemption for members of G7 countries and still 15 days for the rest of us.  

I have looked as well and can't find it. What I did find was a reference in the Thai Immigration FAQ section that talks about 90 days in 6 months. That link is in post #91 of this thread.  But I have not found anything in the OFFICIAL rules that says that.

Hello Justaguy1954  Good work son!

yes true.... and also doesnt specify if it applies to extensions to the visa waiver.

for instance, i entered on a 30 day visa waiver.... at the end of that, i got a 90 day extension from jomtien immigration office... at the end of that, i got another 90 day extension from same office.... after those 2 extensions (total stay 210 days) they said i had to leave the country, so i left for a few days, came back, and started the process over again.

i was not doing back-to-back border runs... but im fairly certain they would count all that time as part of the original 30 day waiver, and therefore obviously way past the 90 day rule in 60 months.....however it was approved by the immigration office, so who knows.

either way, i dont want to take the chance with all the attention on it right now, so ill try for ED visa.

As far as I am aware they haven't enforced the 90 days in 180 for a long time, as your experience suggests.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

As far as I am aware they haven't enforced the 90 days in 180 for a long time, as your experience suggests.

Yes as my experience suggests, the 90 days in 180 days was abolished around 2006/2007!  Would agree with this? 

This highlights the main problem with all of this; Uncertainty.

Thai Consulates in the UK still have the 90 days in 180 on their sites BUT in Thailand this was abandoned long ago.

It's why I can't agree with those that say, just follow the law and you'll be fine. You deserve what happens to you if you don't.

The implementation of the laws vary greatly. It is very difficult to know what the rules are, and most are not enforced most of the time.

It's up to the Thais what rules they want, as long as they were clear then we would just have to follow them. As they are not clear, or consistently enforced, it makes things quite difficult.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I am getting nervous about this I think I am going to get an ulcer.Much more and I am going to have a bowel movement in my rompers.

I've been doing the visa exempt runs for 4 months now. Im due for another run on 22nd then fly back uk 12th june(already booked). So im going to have a problem here then. I originaly came on a 3 entry visa but expired in December

I've been doing the visa exempt runs for 4 months now. Im due for another run on 22nd then fly back uk 12th june(already booked). So im going to have a problem here then. I originaly came on a 3 entry visa but expired in December

You should be OK as it's not supposed to come into effect until 12 August.  I believe they will be warning people first that this will be their last re-entry.  But who really knows?!

Just been down to the tour operator and asked them about it. They say the visa exemption rule is still not cert will be a couple of months. I will be ok. They run mini buses everyday and not had any probllems. My return in October I will be getting the multi entry visa as I always do.

Judging by the reports it seems like mainly the Russians have been affected so far. And they together with South Koreans are a target group according to the immigration office? Are there reports of other nationalities being denied re-entry because of too many visa-exemption entries?

No, but how am I to explain that to a immigration guy who barely speaks English, or if they decide on a maximum entries per year, where you will not be considered as a normal tourist?

Hopefully it will be enough to either show a return ticket, or the contract on my condo.

If I cannot continue on the visa exemption, I have to find somewhere else to live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From reading everything I can find, and reading between the lines, it's sounding more and more like it will be handled on a case by case basis.

If you have a good story, and can back it up, it sounds like you won't have any problems flying in, or even at border crossings. However, obviously you can not count on this, and that makes staying in LOS very unstable.

In my opinion, if you show a good amount of flying in and out, and only a few border crossings now and then, you shouldn't have much trouble. Time will tell if I'm right or wrong. I believe what I said before will end up being correct, but I'm certain there will be a lot of changes to the rules as they are applied on the ground before anything stabilizes into the de facto regulations.

If a person shows nothing but border crossings, I think they'll be in for a rough ride, and should be prepared to apply for a proper Tourist Visa to get back in. If I was doing that, I'd make sure to have funds available for a possibly lengthy stay in Cambo or wherever I was traveling.

I kind of doubt it will hinge on a return ticket, as anyone can buy a ticket online, and cancel it the next day.

gonna be lots of 30 day + stays in Cambodia I bet!  time to get some apartment sharing deals going maybe?

:)

Not sure yet, will have to leave the country the 28th at the latest, but I go maybe sooner to Laos. Staying there for 1 or 2 weeks and then go back to Thailand. Not sure yet if I stay in Thailand for  2 weeks and then fly to Holland or Phillipines or go directly.

If I am sooner, I will also report, if not I will wait for your responce. Are you going to Cambodia or Laos?

Probably go to Cambodia over land in a week

I can feel a  30 day 1000 Baht tourist visa coming on!  Just like Cambodia!

A (single) tourist visa is 60 days, not 30 days as for a visa exemption/visa waiver for most western countries.

A (single) tourist visa is 60 days, not 30 days as for a visa exemption/visa waiver for most western countries.

I understand that.! I was implying that Thailand would introduce a 30 day tourist visa for 1000B, similar to what Cambodia does.

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk

I got 40-Days coming up in Thailand, was gonna do van border run to Cambo on day 28 get 15-Day extenstion and be all goos. This says one land border crossing is ok but will there still be service providers? What would be the point of them being in business for the one-off guys like me, think its probably not economically viable. So now I guess will try the Thai embassy in Tokyo or do a trip to AC for a few days, both scenarios I was trying to avoid. Fuck I hope this gets more clear/stable come August

I think you can also get, at a price, an extension (of a week?) at Immigration in Jomtien (Soi 7), but I think it is much better to get a proper tourist visa for 60 days in your home country.

Of course you can also pay the overstay fine at 500 baht a day.

Or an extension of a week and three days overstay.

I understand that.! I was implying that Thailand would introduce a 30 day tourist visa for 1000B, similar to what Cambodia does. . Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk

A proper tourist visa on arrival?

A proper tourist visa on arrival?

Yes same as Cambodia and Indonesian .

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk

Archived