Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Ed' Visa the Easy Option........or not?

Edge

Lifted from Thaivisa :-

ED VISA ABUSE

Stricter requirements, new application forms for ED visa extensions

BANGKOK: -- The Ministry of Eduction (MOE) yesterday announced new, stricter requirements for Education visa extensions.
New application forms for education visa extensions have just been released.
The new requirements are:
1. Two year visa history of the student now required (currently only required for applications submitted in Bangkok)

2.  Extra documents required
Proof of income. (to see if the student can support themselves and not work illegally)
Reason for long stay in Thailand, if extended time in Thailand prior to application. ( to check the student is not just a visa runner who cannot get any more tourists visas.)
Pending applications must be resubmitted using the new forms.

The new forms, which are mandatory,"Personal history check" and "Purpose of attending the course" are available for download here:

Attached File  app.pdf   77.07KB   67 downloads
Attached File  app_purpose.pdf   59.85KB   65 downloads

The ED visa system has been scrutinised by The Thai Immigration Bureau and Ministry of Education for a long time, and it's widely known that foreigners have been abusing the ED visa system. Thaivisa.com believe the new, stricter requirements is to prevent applicants using ED visas to work illegally in Thailand.

Thaivisa.com thanks Walen School of Education for pointing out these new requirements.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Come on make it more and more difficult for the under 50 guys to stay in Thailand for a longer period . 

Thailand if you don't want my money ... easy solution ... one month Thailand , one month Cambodia . 

- No more visas to pay for (in Thailand) . 

- No more visa runs . 

- Not spending money in Thailand for 6 months a year .  

- Fly with Air Asia (Malaysian company) . 

Yep that's gonna bring in a lot of money ... for Cambodia that is . 

'Rant over' ... Edge thanks for the info . 

On the Stickman site his latest news it mention the retirement age "could" be lifted back up to 55 yo ....

Come on make it more and more difficult for the under 50 guys to stay in Thailand for a longer period . 

There's got to be some downside to being 'young boy'.   :hello09:

On the Stickman site his latest news it mention the retirement age "could" be lifted back up to 55 yo ....

Sadly that wouldn't affect me.   :SoWhat1:

It was only a matter of time before they tightened up on them. I'm sure many will cry foul on this but I don't know where people get the idea that somehow they have a right to abuse a country's visa system.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

• 4 weeks later...

Here in the Philippines, we can now stay up to 3 years (used to be 2, just recently changed) at a time on a tourist visa as long we keep getting extensions.

• 1 month later...

Tightened up? But right at immigration copy shop they are offering it for 19,999. A big ass banner advertisement. Crazy stuff. 

Tightened up? But right at immigration copy shop they are offering it for 19,999. A big ass banner advertisement. Crazy stuff.

Wtf is "immigration copy shop"?

Wtf is "immigration copy shop"?

The shop outside that makes copies for people. 

The shop outside that makes copies for people. 

ah thanks... never gone...i always hire a local visa shop to go do all the work for me

id be interested to know what additional extras are needed on top of that 19,999k ..... all the other places ive heard all-in quotes from are 38-45k for an ED visa.... but that is the total package, including the visa, school, paperwork, etc

19k would be a hell of a good price if it was all inclusive.... but i doubt it is.

• 2 weeks later...

ah thanks... never gone...i always hire a local visa shop to go do all the work for me

id be interested to know what additional extras are needed on top of that 19,999k ..... all the other places ive heard all-in quotes from are 38-45k for an ED visa.... but that is the total package, including the visa, school, paperwork, etc

19k would be a hell of a good price if it was all inclusive.... but i doubt it is.

19k ??

id like to find out about that

La La Land Bar & Sky Bar Soi 6 Pattaya

The first thing is YOU HAVE TO CHANGE YOUR NAME TO "ED"

19k ??

id like to find out about that

i talked to another visa agent this week.... she says the 19k is the fees for the immigration office, but it does not include everything you need, theres lots of other stuff involved, she made me a list of all of it, and what stuff i need to provide....i will probably do this when my current visa expires.

as pointed out in the OP, she said they have begun asking for a bit more details for giving a ED visa, but she said its still quite easy to attain....i asked if they would be critical of how many extensions ive had so far, and she said they dont care.

• 3 weeks later...

My understanding is you don't really get a 1 year visa anymore. You first get the paperwork from your school and go to Laos to get the ED visa. That will be good for just 90 days. You then go every 90 days to immigration to get a 90 day "extension of stay" for 1900 baht.

• 2 months later...

Someone posted on their Facebook today :-

It seems to get harder, went to the language school today just to pick up papers and take a photo, we had to take a test, only Thai allowed, the teacher asked me lots of questions and I had to describe things in a photo, and all this was recorded.

I got mine for 17,000

i found everything i needed to know on this site

http://pattayaguide.org/?s=visa

Someone posted on their Facebook today :-

I believe too many were abusing this visa. Not studying at all. I heard about guys who had these ed visas for a couple years and some Thai official would ask them a couple basic questions in Thai and they didn't have the foggiest idea. So naturally there's been tightening up.

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

I believe too many were abusing this visa. Not studying at all. I heard about guys who had these ed visas for a couple years and some Thai official would ask them a couple basic questions in Thai and they didn't have the foggiest idea. So naturally there's been tightening up.

I think there are quite a few who wouldn't have a hope if they walked into the test that guy faced.

There are plenty of rumours around that the junta have replaced the old Immigration boss (possibly in Bangkok, so not sure how it affects Pattaya) and the Ed. Visa is now going to be far more difficult to get.  Any truth in this?

I think there are quite a few who wouldn't have a hope if they walked into the test that guy faced.

It probably makes more sense to get an Ed Visa to study Thai cooking - although maybe they test you on that too!

There are plenty of rumours around that the junta have replaced the old Immigration boss (possibly in Bangkok, so not sure how it affects Pattaya) and the Ed. Visa is now going to be far more difficult to get.  Any truth in this?

I have no idea.

What I can say is that re' the girl you gave the heads up about in Shark, I was planning to go back for her the next night and she hasn't been seen since.   :NoNo3:

I have had 2 extensions on my ED visa since this supposedly happened and there has been no change at all in the forms I have turned in, or the process at immigration.

My first renewal is coming up, and I asked my school if there was anything more or new I needed to get them to do the visa renewal, and they said they just need new pictures. 

I do go to class and while I'd not call myself a diligent student, I do make an effort and I am learning.

The word I got from the owner of the school is that the PTB have been backing off of some of the tightening up that was in the works.

I have had 2 extensions on my ED visa since this supposedly happened and there has been no change at all in the forms I have turned in, or the process at immigration.

My first renewal is coming up, and I asked my school if there was anything more or new I needed to get them to do the visa renewal, and they said they just need new pictures. 

I do go to class and while I'd not call myself a diligent student, I do make an effort and I am learning.

The word I got from the owner of the school is that the PTB have been backing off of some of the tightening up that was in the works.

The test reported on FB was in the last week and it was a first for the poster and a complete surprise - that's why I posted it here - it's apparently new.

The person concerned is easily accessible and if you'd like to talk to him I'll PM his name to you.

The boss of one of the busiest bars on Soi 6 is on an Ed visa. He's at the bar everyday so I'm not too sure when he gets the time to study. Also I've never heard him speak a word of thai to anyone 555

12 Pints in Know it all

It probably makes more sense to get an Ed Visa to study Thai cooking - although maybe they test you on that too!

I believe you can get Ed Visa to study Buddhism too. That would probably be a better bet for our BMs, most of them have already shaved their heads, so they're halfway there. But straight out of Soi 6 into the monastery might give a few of them a jolt...lol

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

Archived