IGNORED

Tough New Policy for Visa Runs

Scumbag

I wonder what a "credible tourism plan" would be?  Soi 6 for another 30 days/nights? 5555+

“Out-in visa runs will still be possible but they have to show a credible tourism plan and give details of their accommodation to the officials.

“Thirty days should be enough for a normal tourist. If they really want to travel around the country for more than 30 days, then they must show us a plausible plan. If officers are suspicious, then they will carry out checks.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the agents shouting from the rooftops offering a 'no travel' visa combined with the Immigration officers caught out recently has brought all this on

Add in the Russian problems in Phuket and possibly some foreign pressure regarding potential Terrorist threats and the ease of border crossings and checks we are left with this mess

I am sure there will be a work around in the near future

I'm sure there will be a lot of happy live-in bargirl girlfriends right now.

What's that teerak, you no come back Thailand? Cannot come again? OK don't worry I take care everything in condo for you joop joop na xxxx. Not forget send me money for tak care ok xxxx

Will take a look around later, see who's having a firesale.

(sorry, couldn't resist).

On a more serious note I don't notice and rhetoric on Visa extensions, so getting 60 + 30 on a single should be fine.

If you want to get around it. Get one more passport. Which is allowed if you have a lot of visa applications, where you have to send your passport to lets say Chinese embassy.

Now you can do the visa runs again. It will look like you have been out of the country for 30 days, if you have two passports.

I may be wrong but I don't think this will work because the second passport will not have the entry stamp in from the country you are trying to re-enter from unless you fly back to the country of passport origin.

im fairly positive i was not fingerprinted flying into cambodia.... but i flew into siem reap, its a very small airport.... IE, walk off the plane onto the tarmac and down the airstrip lol

The only ones I know have it are PNH and Cham Yeam and even sometimes they don't use it.

Others have it, whether they use it or not and I read that Siem Reap were using it in 2012.

Once you've been through before, they just check one hand for a match I think.

It's no big deal unless you've something to hide and if so, I just read on K440 how you can remove them - just don't do it after you've been through or you won't get a match.   :Think1:

Given the recent fuss about people using false passports to board planes like MH370 it must surely be a good thing and I think Thailand will install it soon, but it really needs to be at every crossing not just airports.

My belief is that the thai gov sees long stay "tourists" as not contributing much to the economy, when the ones with money that do contribute can easily get a retirement or investor's visa.

100% and they are correct!

Seems as since I have a flight out along with accommodation and a plausible reason for being here I will be allowed to do one last run over land. Will try it out in about 10 days and report back. If anyone makes the journey before then please post up!

My belief is that the thai gov sees long stay "tourists" as not contributing much to the economy, when the ones with money that do contribute can easily get a retirement or investor's visa.

Not saying I think it's right or wrong! Just that I believe that's how it is.

Due to my job, I fly in and out of Thailand all the time. I can go work in Sinapore for 1 day, and return the next day - or 1 week for that matter. I can use a visa with limited entry up in no time! I have just counted, and have 11 entries already this year!

I have a condo, and probably stay here 140-180 days a year. I think I contribute to the thai economy - at least as much as a Russian walking the streets with a Chang at hand.

Very interesting to see how they will play this out. If all that is required is a return ticket, I'm fine... But still bothersome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At my language school today they said they have been very busy this week with Russians signing up for ED visas.

It is a convenience that will be a bummer to lose, but it is still dead easy to get an actual visa.

Considering most Thai people would never be able to get a tourist visa to my home country, I don't think I'm in much of a position to complain about Thailand's visa policies.

Due to my job, I fly in and out of Thailand all the time. I can go work in Sinapore for 1 day, and return the next day - or 1 week for that matter. I can use a visa with limited entry up in no time! I have just counted, and have 11 entries already this year!

I have a condo, and probably stay here 140-180 days a year. I think I contribute to the thai economy - at least as much as a Russian walking the streets with a Chang at hand.

Very interesting to see how they will play this out. If all that is required is a return ticket, I'm fine... But still bothersome.

Well, you are not the average visa exemption border runner that I'm talking about here :)

Seems as since I have a flight out along with accommodation and a plausible reason for being here I will be allowed to do one last run over land. Will try it out in about 10 days and report back. If anyone makes the journey before then please post up!

Not sure yet, will have to leave the country the 28th at the latest, but I go maybe sooner to Laos. Staying there for 1 or 2 weeks and then go back to Thailand. Not sure yet if I stay in Thailand for  2 weeks and then fly to Holland or Phillipines or go directly.

If I am sooner, I will also report, if not I will wait for your responce. Are you going to Cambodia or Laos?

Well, you are not the average visa exemption border runner that I'm talking about here :)

No, but how am I to explain that to a immigration guy who barely speaks English, or if they decide on a maximum entries per year, where you will not be considered as a normal tourist?

Hopefully it will be enough to either show a return ticket, or the contract on my condo.

If I cannot continue on the visa exemption, I have to find somewhere else to live.

What the fuck is a Visa???

Probably the windscreen on your crash helmet in Oz speak.   :hello09:

At my language school today they said they have been very busy this week with Russians signing up for ED visas.

It is a convenience that will be a bummer to lose, but it is still dead easy to get an actual visa.

Considering most Thai people would never be able to get a tourist visa to my home country, I don't think I'm in much of a position to complain about Thailand's visa policies.

Can a Lao girl get an Education visa to study in Thailand?

This is not a new law; just waking up some point in existing.

For one: You are allowed up to 6 months entry into Thailand on visa-free or tourist visa - PER any 12 month period.
Exceeding that with visa-runs will definitely get you blocked.  Same when apply for normal tourist visa at embassies if already 6 months or more.
Thus getting a 60 day Tourist visa from Embassy, and extend 30 days when finished will be OK - twice a year.

Then, stay alternatively one month in Thailand and one month in Phillies, Laos, Cambodia will not have any problems - long time.
As long as you do not exceed 180 days in Thailand per calendar year.

Interrogation at border, some questions;
Think your answer careful.

How you travel in Thailand?
>> Have motorbike or car .... Block - Tourists don't buy vehicles.

Where do you stay?  You have condo?
>>Yes have my own condo ... Block - tourists don't own properties.

Where you get money for living?  You have bank account?
>> Get pension from my home ... Block.  Get Retirement visa.
>> Have money.  Proof you have funds.  Credit card (NON-Thai-bank), TC or cash

Can a Lao girl get an Education visa to study in Thailand?

As I understand things, Citizens of Laos and Cambodia are allowed entry through a different set of rules than those imposed on us from the various nations of Falang-land.

This is not a new law; just waking up some point in existing.

For one: You are allowed up to 6 months entry into Thailand on visa-free or tourist visa - PER any 12 month period.

Exceeding that with visa-runs will definitely get you blocked.  Same when apply for normal tourist visa at embassies if already 6 months or more.

Thus getting a 60 day Tourist visa from Embassy, and extend 30 days when finished will be OK - twice a year.

Then, stay alternatively one month in Thailand and one month in Phillies, Laos, Cambodia will not have any problems - long time.

Interrogation at border, some questions;

Think your answer careful.

How you travel in Thailand?

>> Have motorbike or car .... Block - Tourists don't buy vehicles.

Where do you stay?  You have condo?

>>Yes have my own condo ... Block - tourists don't own properties.

Where you get money for living?  You have bank account?

>> Get pension from my home ... Block.  Get Retirement visa.

>> Have money.  Proof you have funds.  Credit card (NON-Thai-bank), TC or cash

Your first statement makes no sense when you can squeeze a 9 month stay in on a 3 entry tourist visa. A lot of the rest seems weird too.

I did my first year and a half here on assorted tourist visas and overland border visa exempt entries. Honestly I have never seen any official statement about how long one can stay in Thailand on tourist visas. Actual visas, not the visa exempt entries, which are the focus of this current crackdown. Everything I am seeing is that they don't care much if you want to be a perma-tourist, just get an actual visa to do it

As I understand things, Citizens of Laos and Cambodia are allowed entry through a different set of rules than those imposed on us from the various nations of Falang-land.

Your first statement makes no sense when you can squeeze a 9 month stay in on a 3 entry tourist visa. A lot of the rest seems weird too.

I did my first year and a half here on assorted tourist visas and overland border visa exempt entries. Honestly I have never seen any official statement about how long one can stay in Thailand on tourist visas. Actual visas, not the visa exempt entries, which are the focus of this current crackdown. Everything I am seeing is that they don't care much if you want to be a perma-tourist, just get an actual visa to do it

Once the 30 day visa exemption was no more than 90 days in a 180 day period at land borders, then they changed it to a 15 day visa exemption without the 180 day period, Then they changed it to 30 day visa exemption for members of G7 countries and still 15 days for the rest of us.  

Once the 30 day visa exemption was no more than 90 days in a 180 day period at land borders, then they changed it to a 15 day visa exemption without the 180 day period, Then they changed it to 30 day visa exemption for members of G7 countries and still 15 days for the rest of us.  

Yeah, I have seen the rules change over the years for the exempt entries. That is why I tried not to use them too much, I did not want a whole pile of those stamps filling up my passport pages.

I have heard anecdotal reports of people being refused a new tourist visa when applying for another after a long string (5 or more) in a row, but I have never seen reports of an official policy statement anywhere. 

What I will say is, I'm so glad I switched to the ED visa. It's nice having no more visa runs in my foreseeable future. Plus I'm actually learning something.

Where is this information from?

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Where is this information from?

i had the same question as scumbag.... i tried searching the thai immigration site, but i did not find any written confirmation of what aromaz said... someone have a link to that on an OFFICIAL thai immigration/gov site?

not some info a random guy posted on a forum.

PHUKET: -- Thai Immigration aims to begin scanning fingerprints of all foreigners arriving in the Kingdom by the end of the year under a project costing 342 million baht.

“The budget has yet to be approved, but we hope to introduce fingerprint-scanning machines by the end of 2014,” Immigration Commissioner Pharnu Kerdlarpphon confirmed to the Phuket Gazette yesterday.

The scanners, to be introduced at every immigration entry point in the country, are part of the bureau’s effort to prevent foreign criminals from entering Thailand, Lt Gen Pharnu explained. 

Fingerprint scanners were chosen over biometric passport scanners as they are better able to identify criminals who have officially changed their names and have passports under their new identities, Gen Pharnu said.

“We are aware that some of our target groups, such as Russians and South Koreans, are issued biometric passports,” he explained. “But biometric passport scanners would not catch people travelling with new documents or those using fake passports.

“You can change your name or your appearance, but you can’t change your fingerprints.”

The general recognized that scanning fingerprints would not flag any inbound foreigners unless they had a criminal record in Thailand or were wanted by Interpol.

“But at least we will have a better system for collecting information on which foreigners enter Thailand, how often they enter and when,” he said.

"Immigration queues will get longer, but this needs to be done. They already do it in other countries, such as Japan.” 

The scanners will force thousands of people to touch the same device. When asked about the possibility of transmitting diseases – such as MERS – the general said he was not worried.

“So many other countries use fingerprinting. We are not worried about disease transmission. As I said, it is something that needs to be done for the benefit of the whole country.”

The general’s announcement is in addition to a new policy to restrict foreigners from working in Thailand while on visa-exempt status.

— Chutharat Plerin

-- Phuket Gazette 2014-05-15

Self confessed retard here. Can someone help please.

Been here since late December. I rent a condo and use Thailand as a base for travel. I always leave within the 30 days on the extension stamp. 

My next trip to Philippines is coming up in a few days. Will I be allowed to come back in OR should I visit the Thai embassy in Manila and apply for a Double Entry Visa?

Thank you - this kind of stuff always confuses me. :(

i had the same question as scumbag.... i tried searching the thai immigration site, but i did not find any written confirmation of what aromaz said... someone have a link to that on an OFFICIAL thai immigration/gov site?

not some info a random guy posted on a forum.

I have looked as well and can't find it. What I did find was a reference in the Thai Immigration FAQ section that talks about 90 days in 6 months. That link is in post #91 of this thread.  But I have not found anything in the OFFICIAL rules that says that.

It's the one you don't hear that gets you, and the one you don't see coming that traps you.

:WinkGrin1:

Archived