IGNORED

Tough New Policy for Visa Runs

Scumbag

Latest from Bangkok Post:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/security/410342/border-insecurity-mounts-as-tourist-visa-abuse-is-targeted

Still clear as mud. Targeting Koreans and Russians, but other nationalities also looked at.

Tightening visa waivers BUT also talks about those with Tourist Visas!

They better make things clearer by August as airlines will not be amused if they have to fly people home if they are denied entry. Just imagine check-in staff all over the world trying to decide who qualifies as 'genuine tourist' :-)

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Davidge,

I think this rule applies to crossing land borders into Thailand, eg at Aranya Prathet. Also they seem to be targetting people who just leave the country for a couple of hours to get a Cambodian, Lao or whatever entry stamp in their passports. So it shouldn't affect arrivals by air. That said, if Air Asia suddenly had a surge in foreigners travellers arriving from Cambodia...?

Applies to land crossings now but will be making statement on August 12 for immediate implementation at airports also.

I was just trying to say that they will need to make things clearer then as it is a very mixed situation at land crossings now.

Yes, everything should be OK for most westerners but I wouldn't want to be one of the unlucky ones caught in any confusion, or because of an awkward immigration officer.

hi been using a non immigrant o visa for last few years,staying usually once time 5 months or so with one visa run and then another stay about 2 months,read heaps of threads info etc, I def don't need to work in Thailand and can live extremely well,just curious how they will treat us non-0 people after aug,any guesses,i know and understand the non visa in out stuff but what a lot of confusion on a legit doble entry tourist visa or non -o

hi been using a non immigrant o visa for last few years,staying usually once time 5 months or so with one visa run and then another stay about 2 months,read heaps of threads info etc, I def don't need to work in Thailand and can live extremely well,just curious how they will treat us non-0 people after aug,any guesses,i know and understand the non visa in out stuff but what a lot of confusion on a legit doble entry tourist visa or non -o

There is no change for anyone on appropriate visas.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

They better make things clearer by August as airlines will not be amused if they have to fly people home if they are denied entry. Just imagine check-in staff all over the world trying to decide who qualifies as 'genuine tourist' :-)

The airlines won't put up with that for long, especially if Thai immigrations starts arbitrarily denying entry to passengers with actual tourist visa simply because immigrations doesn't think that person seems like a "real tourist".

The airlines won't put up with that for long, especially if Thai immigrations starts arbitrarily denying entry to passengers with actual tourist visa simply because immigrations doesn't think that person seems like a "real tourist".

There are no changes for those who have visas so your scenario should not arise.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Can anybody explain how a retirement visa works?  I am over 50 and can easily meet the current financial requirements, I am thinking of going this route in a few years.

With a retirement visa are you still required to leave the Kingdom on a regular basis, is it 90 days or yearly, and what about the reporting requirements to immigration? 

Can anybody explain how a retirement visa works?  I am over 50 and can easily meet the current financial requirements, I am thinking of going this route in a few years.

With a retirement visa are you still required to leave the Kingdom on a regular basis, is it 90 days or yearly, and what about the reporting requirements to immigration? 

No need to leave Thailand.  Just do a regular reporting every 90 days at immigration.

On the way back from the Cambodian border with the visa service that Queen Vic offers. 30 day stamp for over land entry, no questions asked even though this is my third in a row. Huge reclining seat to myself and very friendly staff. 2500b includes the Cambo visa and 2 meals at the Vic! Wouldn't recommend due to wifi and movies not working, but up to you.

Point is: I did get stamped in with no hassle.

On the way back from the Cambodian border with the visa service that Queen Vic offers. 30 day stamp for over land entry, no questions asked even though this is my third in a row. Huge reclining seat to myself and very friendly staff. 2500b includes the Cambo visa and 2 meals at the Vic! Wouldn't recommend due to wifi and movies not working, but up to you.

Point is: I did get stamped in with no hassle.

You must have been unlucky. Name of company is 1st Class Visa Runs

http://www.1stclassvisaruns.com

I have used them a bunch of times and the movies and wifi always worked 

My bad, it is a 3 year non immigrant B visa, and it looks like you have to apply for it from home. Then again if one was traveling that much, taking the trouble to go home for a new visa every 3 years seems not unreasonable.

http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/123/15386-Three-year-Non-Immigrant-Visa-%22B%22-(for-B.html

This is the visa I used for a couple of years, since I was travelling back and forward to Thailand for supplier inspections many times a year.

You cannot get this visa in Thailand. You have to get it from your home country……or at least I asked many visa companies, and Thai embassies in SE Asia, and they all said "You are from the UK…..go back to the UK"

I also could not find anyone who would do the 3 year version. 1 year only. 

UKP 250, fill in a form, a couple of passport photos, letter from your home company saying you need to visit regularly, letters from a Thai supplier/partner saying they need to meet me regularly…...

You can visit Thailand for up to 3 months at a time, then you have to leave the country. If you leave the country and come back in the day before expiration, you get an extra 3 months….so it is effectively a 15 month visa

Technically speaking, every businessman should get this visa even if they are just popping in for 2 days for a single business meeting……but of course everyone just does the visa waiver on arrival.

But if you are a regular business traveler, this is the one for you

• 2 weeks later...

A week ago went to Laos to get my visa. Took a girl from Thailand with me.

I had no trouble getting a 2 month visa. Stayed in Laos for 5 days, then crossed the border back to Thailand. When I crossed the border there was a visarun company with a group of philippinas (annoying standing behind a group).

This is the visa I used for a couple of years, since I was travelling back and forward to Thailand for supplier inspections many times a year.

You cannot get this visa in Thailand. You have to get it from your home country……or at least I asked many visa companies, and Thai embassies in SE Asia, and they all said "You are from the UK…..go back to the UK"

UKP 250, fill in a form, a couple of passport photos, letter from your home company saying you need to visit regularly, letters from a Thai supplier/partner saying they need to meet me regularly…...

You can visit Thailand for up to 3 months at a time, then you have to leave the country. If you leave the country and come back in the day before expiration, you get an extra 3 months….so it is effectively a 15 month visa

Technically speaking, every businessman should get this visa even if they are just popping in for 2 days for a single business meeting……but of course everyone just does the visa waiver on arrival.

my friend got B and work permit and he dont have to leave only report to immigrtion evry 90 days, thats what he said to me is that correct?

my friend got B and work permit and he dont have to leave only report to immigrtion evry 90 days, thats what he said to me is that correct?

If he has an extension of stay then all he needs to do is a 90-day report at Immigration.

Having a work permit is totally different. That means you can legally work in Thailand. I don't know about reporting requirements for people with a work permit. I assume you don't have to leave the country if you have a work permit.

The visa I am talking about is a non-immigrant B multiple entry visa. It allows you to travel into Thailand "multiple" times during the year. Maximum duration of stay each trip is 90 days, so you have to leave the country after 90 days.

• 3 weeks later...

Latest on crackdown on Visa runs:

image.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Thanks for the post. Looks like they are reiterating the previous message; Get the right visa.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Under 50s with money all is not lost and I imagine this scheme will have a lot more takers - 500K baht for 5 years.

PRIVILEGE ENTRY VISA

To ease your travels to and from Thailand.

Perhaps the most important and attractive benefits attached to THAILAND ELITE Membership are enhanced immigration and visa privileges. Membership confers the right to stay in Thailand with a Privilege Entry Visa as well as extendable 1 year stays without the usual need to leave the country.

Members will be granted a Privilege Entry Visa when applying at any Royal Thai Embassy, Royal Thai Consulate General, or Thai Immigration Bureaus in Bangkok, Chiang Mai, and Phuket.

*This Privilege Entry Visa is subject to the Thai Immigration Bureau’s approval.

http://www.thailandelite.com/glimpse.php

In the beginning was the word and the word was "In" :ThumbUp6:

Thanks for the post. Looks like they are reiterating the previous message; Get the right visa.

Yes. Looks like Visa scrutiny will continue despite change of government.

I'm still not sure though if it will affect people I know who travel to Thailand several times a year, always on visa exemption at airport, and with a pop-over-a-land-border once a year when they stay more than 30 days. They've been doing the same thing for years so will have a passport full of stamps. They have no intention of working in Thailand but do own condos. There must be many like them and the situation still seems uncertain. Not even sure if several Tourist Visas a year will be ok with their local Thai Consulate?

This could affect me being an offshore worker. I enter Thailand on a 30 day visa at airport. When I get an extended leave I have done border runs. It will be good to see how many 30 days you are allowed in each year. It will depend on how long between each one. I know some offshore workers are planning already to move to Cambodia as it is much simpler. So Thai girls are crying as their rice bowl is going to get empty. Good to hear from other offshore workers in a similar situation. I am due back at the end of August and will have been out for two months. Will be monitoring all web sites to see what happens from the 12th. Looks like Cambodia will be my new home.

I`m also a offshore worker and I`ve been worried to about the implication about my 4-5 visa excempts to Thailand every year.My understanding of the implication of the new regulations from postings on ThaiVisa and also information from different Visa services,is that offshore workers aren`t the target.BUT the problem that will arise is if you decide to visit any of the neighbouring countries you will have problems gaining another 30 days visa excempt when returning to Thailand.

A fellow countryman experienced that last month when returning to Phuket airport after a 2 days visit to Malaysia.He been coming regularly to Thailand on visa excempts  for more than 10 years and working offshore without any problems,but immigration gave him a hard time with interigations and he was finally  told to get a proper visa on his next return to Thailand.

And that has always been the problems with immigration here............different ways of interpret the rules .

Hi Yahooka. I will be returning from the Persian Gulf at the end of August. I have a mixture of visa's in my passport from retirement to 'not fit to travel' plus lots of the 30 day visa exempt on arrival. I will be returning to a 28/28 leave ratio shortly. The best way I can see is to get a 60 day triple or double entry that can be extended by 30 days from a foreign country sources in S.E. Asia. Will see what happens then.

Hi phil99

I`ll probably will have choose the visa option on my august/september trip as well,.At the moment I got 2 passports without any stamps at all from Thailand and Im gonna follow any threads from various sources after August.12 to see what implications this can have,escpecially for us on a 30/30 rotation.

On my april trip I was briefly interrogated on arrival at Suvarnabhumi for the first time ever during my 20 years coming here.After 5 minutes of questioning,there was no problem getting the visa excempt,but they knew I had used 2 different passports on my regular trips here so all those guys who is saying that a new passport will make it easier to get an visa excempt/visa.....forget it !!

I`m not really worried about being able to come here regularily in the future,but I`m most deffo gonna wait on extending the contract on the condo I rent here.

Hi phil99

I`ll probably will have choose the visa option on my august/september trip as well,.At the moment I got 2 passports without any stamps at all from Thailand and Im gonna follow any threads from various sources after August.12 to see what implications this can have,escpecially for us on a 30/30 rotation.

On my april trip I was briefly interrogated on arrival at Suvarnabhumi for the first time ever during my 20 years coming here.After 5 minutes of questioning,there was no problem getting the visa excempt,but they knew I had used 2 different passports on my regular trips here so all those guys who is saying that a new passport will make it easier to get an visa excempt/visa.....forget it !!

I`m not really worried about being able to come here regularily in the future,but I`m most deffo gonna wait on extending the contract on the condo I rent here.

Absolutely correct, since the passport's barcode is scanned.  All of your information, including entry and exit dates, is pulled up on the computer in front of them.

Archived