Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Tough New Policy for Visa Runs

Scumbag

Did you go out and in on the same day? This seems to be a key factor in what they are looking for.

I think you are right here. It is the people who leave then enter again on the same day that they are targeting. I think this will affect those using the visa waiver system and double or triple entry tourist visas. According to the article I posted earlier anyone trying to do this after the 12th of August will be refused entry. Recent cases are irrelevant to what may happen after this date. I guess we will have to wait and see how much this is enforced.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I spent just two days in SR, was coughing my guts out and ran back to Pattaya instead of going on to PP...  SR seemed like a pretty nice place...  could one conceivably divide up their time between Thailand and Cambodia in a way that would allow compliance with the new situation?  if so, could be a possibility to create cooperatives and rotate in and out of PP with some other monger(s), sharing an apt, eh? 

I would think that this situation is an opportunity for an entrepreneurial sort to set up some nice apts in PP to accommodate folks who need to leave Thailand for 30 days or more...

Sounds more like a complicated pain in the ass to me 555. Maybe that's part of why I've never really dreamed of being an entrepreneur.

Yahooka. Just learnt from thai visa that some offshore workers have been turned back at swampy doing a 28/28 rotation.

Yahooka. Just learnt from thai visa that some offshore workers have been turned back at swampy doing a 28/28 rotation.

wow 28 days out of the country and still turned away?   its going to be a very very quiet low season!

O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.

If I had to pick between Cambodia or Idaho (or Montana), I'd be checking out Cambodia for sure. :-)  Maybe check P.I. too.

However, worst case, you'd only need an alternate for a year and a half. And, since you are actually attending classes, and making an honest effort, I doubt you'd ever run up against "worst case".

Did you go out and in on the same day? This seems to be a key factor in what they are looking for.

No, I live here... Not old enough for retirement or no interest in ED Visa. I tend to take a vacation and get a 60 visa. This time a week in HK & Macau.

So I'm not out and back in type of visa runner you could say.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Daryle

If I had to pick between Cambodia or Idaho (or Montana), I'd be checking out Cambodia for sure. :-)  Maybe check P.I. too.

However, worst case, you'd only need an alternate for a year and a half. And, since you are actually attending classes, and making an honest effort, I doubt you'd ever run up against "worst case".

Fingers crossed. Oct 2015 I turn 50 and I can change to retirement visa, assuming nothing with that changes too drastically. TIT.

wow 28 days out of the country and still turned away?   its going to be a very very quiet low season!

I'd be interested to know what nationality the workers were. That seems to be a factor in some of has been happening. Any link to a news source on that story?

No, I live here... Not old enough for retirement or no interest in ED Visa. I tend to take a vacation and get a 60 visa. This time a week in HK & Macau.

So I'm not out and back in type of visa runner you could say.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You might be more interested in the ED if they do start enforcing that 90 days in six months rule. 

I am still confused if I can do my usual in/out border run,  using my non immigrant o multiple visa

very ambiguous,

So are we...................

...............try it and let us know.   :68:

You might be more interested in the ED if they do start enforcing that 180 days in six months rule. 

180 days is 6 months mate :Think1::GoldenSmile1:

I am still confused if I can do my usual in/out border run,  using my non immigrant o multiple visa

very ambiguous,

Where did you see that non-O visa holder could be impacted?... Nowhere! ;)

180 days is 6 months mate :Think1::GoldenSmile1:

OOPS! Fixed it. Mea Culpa.

The rule that is rumored to be coming back is 90 days in 6 months. 

The thread was locked as it became apparent it wasn't true.

very ambiguous,

As Oukiva pointed out there is no mention of any issues with this type of visa (they seem to be targeting visa waiver entries and tourist visas). I don't think there will be any issues as you are using it (hopefully) for what the scheme is designed for.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

The thread was locked as it became apparent it wasn't true.

Oh good. I was thinking it sounded fishy, and the guy who mentioned it gave not source link. 

Two friends of mine did a successful in-out border run Bangkok to Poipet yesterday, even though they both have passports full of in-out stamps.  They used http://bangkokbuddy.com/   The feeling they got was that this may their last, but who knows how it will work out in practice after 12 August.

Panic over (for some)?????

GOOD NEWS FROM THAI IMMIGRATION

Longer visa exemption extensions begin August 29, 2014

BANGKOK: -- The Immigration Bureau has announced that of August 29. 2014 you will be able to extend your visa exemption period whilst you're in Thailand by 30 days, instead of the current 7 days, giving a total visa-exemption stay of 60 days.  The fee for extension of stay is 1,900 Baht (unchanged).

Currently, a visa exemption entry can be extended by 7 days at your nearest Immigration office. From August 29th, it can be extended by 30 days. In effect, you can be in the country without a visa for 60 days.

Also - the Commander of Immigration has removed the proposed lifetime ban for overstaying 10 years. Thaivisa will publish the new, more lenient rules shortly.

The Immigration Commander has also stated that immigration are working to ensure that the new rules are being standardized at both immigration checkpoints and immigration offices nationwide.  

If you are traveling on visa-exempt or with a tourist visa, bring these documents for your extension:

1. Your onward flight ticket or eTicket out of Thailand within the 30 days

2. Minimum 10,000 Baht, or rather 20,000 Baht

3. Hotel booking confirmation - and if you have it, your itinerary

4. One photo, passport sized.

5. Application fee, 1,900 Baht

It is not clear whether after 29th August this will still be an automatic refusal stamp with 30 days to leave, or whether the procedure will be changed and you will instead be granted an extension of 30 days.

Thaivisa News thanks the Immigration HQ in Bangkok for these updates. We are expecting more updates in the coming days and weeks. Thaivisa News is due to meet up with the Immigration Commander and his staff next week for a longer interview. Watch this space and subscribe to our newsletter for the latest Immigration updates.

In addition to Thaivisa was able to get this info confirmed direct with the Immigration Bureau, we also thank Thaivisa member and freelance journalist Scott Mallon in Bangkok for supplying us with this video explaining the news in Youtube video format:

Just a poor man's version of a tourist visa surely.

As I said in the other thread, I am very pleased to see the Immigration authorities making moves to clear up the confusion and ensure the rules are being enforced in the same way at all their offices and checkpoints.

TIT, they can make the rules as they see fit, but it really is the right thing to make the rules clear.

Just a poor man's version of a tourist visa surely.

The extension costs more than getting a proper visa to start with.

The extension costs more than getting a proper visa to start with.

As well as having to have your onward travel booked. I've never done this after arriving three times, though two weeks ago was the first time I turned up with a visa already in my passport. I'd hate to have to commit to a leaving date or wasting money with a return flight.

• 9 months later...

You don't need onward travel to get an extension, I have got many many extensions and have NEVER had onward travel. You sometimes need onward travel to get a tourist visa in the first place but that depends on the consulate, many don't require it.

I just extended my 60 day visa in Udon Thani immigration, did not need to prove anything about my travel plans.

Yes, but this in addition to that and not specific to the one boarder crossing. The text mentions that situation but indicates that this is the policy at all land crossings. TV are reporting that some of their members are stranded outside of Thailand after doing border runs today.

My question is as follows. If I enter on a 30 day stay, can I now get a 30 day extension at the Immigration office in Jomtien? Following the 30 day extension, can I then do a land border run for another 15 days?

My question is as follows. If I enter on a 30 day stay, can I now get a 30 day extension at the Immigration office in Jomtien? Following the 30 day extension, can I then do a land border run for another 15 days?

I don't know but if it is possible a better option would be to arrive with a tourist visa which would allow you to stay for 90 days with an extension.

Archived