Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Tough New Policy for Visa Runs

Scumbag

Are you for real?

why are you ?....... stick to eating you breakfasts   :SoWhat1:

Dayo...

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol..more confusion as it contradicts what immigration in Bangkok are saying. Is that a local policy or a general one!? Is the Phuket Gazette a reliable source of information!? I guess we will have to see what people report.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

A re-entry on a tourist visa? or a 30/15 visa exemption?

15 days exemption. Something was mentioned about them refusing you if you do it more than once. Not sure if it means since the announcement or what. Regardless, the only time I've come over land I wasn't visa exempt (had visa) so hopefully I'll be ok.

Edit: Previous land entry was on ed visa. This one would be via a 15 day stamp

I just arrived back from KL last wk. It was the first time in 20yrs coming and going from Thailand that I was asked how long I will be staying. I didn't have a visa, due to leaving in June for a business trip to Europe.

Times are changing and I will be following this topic closely to understand how it impacts me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Daryle

So are there mini bus fulls of people stranded on the Cambobian side of the border,because they will not let them back into Thailand.

Or are people just becoming overstays and going to pay a penalty

Things will probably quiet down in a few months. In the interim there are plenty of land crossings between places like Cambodia to try out. Last time I went to Cambodia the crossing I used was a one man and his dog affair. Doubt they would be refusing entry there to the one farang a week who uses it.

For my own understanding are people here worried simply because there is a chance their application for the proper visa would be refused after the 3rd or 4th time? I'm not talking about the on arrival exemption but a proper application in somewhere like Laos? I thought they where touchy about too many double entries, but OK for single entries?

Personally I don't think it's entirely unreasonable for the border agents to stop people taking the piss and ask them to get the proper Visas.

It would seem this is a knee jerk reaction to the the stolen passports from Phuket which ended up becoming international news. This is Thailands way of ensuring that other countries can see they are taking it seriously. 

It would seem this is a knee jerk reaction to the the stolen passports from Phuket which ended up becoming international news. This is Thailands way of ensuring that other countries can see they are taking it seriously. 

I guess Thai logic might see a connection but I don't.... :D

Thai immigration: How do we stop people using stolen passports?....mmmm..I know we will not let those wretched visa runners do it any more. That will stop people stealing passports....lol

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

so the longest I foresee being able to stay in Thailand in the next couple of years is 3 months, and I can get a 3 month tourist visa, yes?

You're an old fart, like I am. And you are not a cheap-ass backpacker. What about coming over sometime on a non-imm O (real) visa, and get a 12 month retirement extension? You aren't planning on working here, so no sweat. Buy a multiple reentry and come and go whenever you want for as many months as you want during that year. Your only tricky part will be being here each year when it's time to renew the extension. KISS at its easiest.

I guess Thai logic might see a connection but I don't.... :D

Thai immigration: How do we stop people using stolen passports?....mmmm..I know we will not let those wretched visa runners do it any more. That will stop people stealing passports....lol

There is an article somewhere now, which outlines the bringing in of fingerprint machines linked to a countrywide border crossing computer system. Same reason given I think it is just to show they are doing something.

in September I fly in to Thailand on a 30 day tourish visa, after 15 days i leave the country for Japan for 3 nights. I then return to thailand for a further 16 days. Will I be affected at all?

in September I fly in to Thailand on a 30 day tourish visa, after 15 days i leave the country for Japan for 3 nights. I then return to thailand for a further 16 days. Will I be affected at all?

There is no such thing as a 30 day visa so I assume that you mean visa exemption, which they have said will change from 12th Aug - we know not what to.

why don't you just get a Double Entry 60 day Tourist Visa and relax?

For my own understanding are people here worried simply because there is a chance their application for the proper visa would be refused after the 3rd or 4th time? I'm not talking about the on arrival exemption but a proper application in somewhere like Laos? I thought they where touchy about too many double entries, but OK for single entries?

This ^^

Obviously now I'm going to have to make sure I have a double entry before I even arrive, but I will be terrified when I leave via Nong Khai that there could be an issue with me getting another visa in Vientiane and I can't then re enter on a 30 day exemption stamp even once.

This ^^

Obviously now I'm going to have to make sure I have a double entry before I even arrive, but I will be terrified when I leave via Nong Khai that there could be an issue with me getting another visa in Vientiane and I can't then re enter on a 30 day exemption stamp even once.

Apply for a triple entry tourist visa.

This ^^

I think if it's the first one to three Visas (from that specific embassy) then double entries are OK. It's only after that they get annoyed. Even then, from what I've read, people are able to get single entry Visas. When I went to Vientiane a couple of weeks ago things were fine. I had a UK issued Thai Visa, many Thai 30 day stamps from the past 4 years, and loads of 30 days from the past 12 months (while travelling Asia always seemed to transit back through Bangkok for a day or two). 

Just got a smile, my Visa, and no red stamp.

There is no such thing as a 30 day visa so I assume that you mean visa exemption, which they have said will change from 12th Aug - we know not what to.

why don't you just get a Double Entry 60 day Tourist Visa and relax?

Not possible as I will be travelling from a country with no Thai consulate (I work in a deep dark place), Yes I mean a 30 day entry stamp/

Not possible as I will be travelling from a country with no Thai consulate (I work in a deep dark place), Yes I mean a 30 day entry stamp/

Can't you still get them by post from Hull Consulate - but yes, you'd have to send your Passport away, so...............

........so you can only wait for see, watch this and other spaces and perhaps check with your airline after 12th aug.

Can't you still get them by post from Hull Consulate - but yes, you'd have to send your Passport away, so...............

........so you can only wait for see, watch this and other spaces and perhaps check with your airline after 12th aug.

Impossible for me to post to Hull, if Hong Kong will cause so much problems id be better just staying in Thailand and paying the overstay fee, for the few days over 30 id be there.

They are talking tough at he moment. We'll see how it plays out.

http://www.thephuketnews.com/immigration-boss-confirms-the-out-in-visa-run-is-dead-46240.php

Quite a bit of chest beating there...lol

Some of the upper class Thais think that having too many Falahng illegally working in the LOS is causing problems, and this is a pretty good solution, if they really enforce it.

The upper class Thais aside as I think it is more wide spread, I think you hit it on the head. Problem: Farang working in Thailand illegally, how to fix... start by cutting those with limited resources off at the boarder. Next step... see how plan A goes first then sort out plan B.

As for those from Laos visa requirement... non issue come 2015 when ASEAN kicks in. The problem that this new level of enforcement  is trying to tackle is not targeted for any ASEAN citizen as next year any ASEAN citizen can cross borders and work within ASEAN as they please just at those with an EU passport can in the EU. 

NOTE: Half cut whilst reading the thread so if I have rambled on on another tangent my bad.

As for those from Laos visa requirement... non issue come 2015 when ASEAN kicks in. The problem that this new level of enforcement  is trying to tackle is not targeted for any ASEAN citizen as next year any ASEAN citizen can cross borders and work within ASEAN as they please just at those with an EU passport can in the EU. 

NOTE: Half cut whilst reading the thread so if I have rambled on on another tangent my bad.

I'm pretty sure that when the ASEAN Economic Community agreement kicks in next year, it is initially limited to certain professions. Even so, it will be interesting to see how that plays out given the Thai government's penchant for paperwork. Can't see some official types being happy with say, Filipinos washing up on these shores and NOT needing work permits for their job.

Quite a bit of chest beating there...lol

This statement by the immigrations chief certainly qualifies for a prize: "If we believe their purpose in coming to Thailand is not what they say it is, then we will order them to leave and they will be blacklisted. They will not be able to return to Thailand, ever."

Archived