IGNORED

Best Pizza in Town

1 hour ago, southsidebruce said:

I ate at Sergio's yesterday, had a margarita pizza and pasta with tomato sauce - a good food sample test of any Italian restaurant (in my opinion)... It was pretty good/OK (although my TGF complained that the tomato sauce was salty), probably MUCH MUCH better than PizzaPizza, where I never went and when I walked by and looked at customers' pizzas, they looked pretty shabby... I didn't like that they didn't give Italian bread with the pasta (should be a given)... BUT, Pala Romana is opening a branch in Terminal 21 and when that is available, it will blow away all other pizzas in Pattaya (once they get past growing pains of a new restaurant, sort out a decent staff, etc - gotta give a restaurant a month or so to get their act together (in my opinion).... Of course that is only my humble opinion, BUT every time my TGF and I go to BKK, we ALWAYS go to Pala Romana - and we are NEVER/EVER disappointed... 

PALAPizza opening in Pattaya! Yippee

Started out as a small delicatessen hidden in the Paragon mall super market with a few stools at the counter. I remember my first slice.  One bite and you get a wink and a nod from the few other patrons that had found the place. 

That’s the good stuff. 

CCA79054-4327-4728-9B44-4711FF7886D7.jpeg

Edited by jiz
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, jiz said:

PALAPizza opening in Pattaya! Yippee

Started out as a small delicatessen hidden in the Paragon mall super market with a few stools at the counter. I remember my first slice.  One bite and you get a wink and a nod from the few other patrons that had found the place. 

That’s the good stuff. 

I also ate at their small restaurant in Paragon, back in TheDay... when they closed it was such a disappointment... a year or two later a new branch near the Asok BTS/MRT entrances opened, and that brought happiness into my Thailand pizza loveN life... to have one in Pattaya in the near future is a MOST amazing situation... that will be one of the reasons I go to Terminal 21 in Pattaya, and I am sure there will be more - more good restaurants, etc... one restaurant that I hope opens in the new Terminal 21 is Baan Ying... Mostly I go there for their lime/honey drinks, but their Thai dishes/food is pretty awesome as well... 

• Like 2

Retired in Pattaya, Thailand - arrived April 1, 2014... Ohhhhh yeahhhhhh... LiveN my dream!

:GrinNod1:  :GoldenSmile1:  :24:

On 25/08/2018 at 09:14, DaffyDuck said:

Gasp! How dare a business attempt to be profitable!!??
So, if everyone else is overpriced, how do you know what the ‘right’ price for a pizza is ?
I find it drol how any business venture actually thinks that any business catering to Farang in Pattaya could turn a profit.

Hey, they are welcome to try and do whatever they want. Just as I am welcome to keep my money in my pocket or to spend it somewhere else that offers better value.

I didnt say that all other places are overpriced here, just that most are.

On 25/08/2018 at 09:31, jiz said:

That’s the good stuff. 

At 95B a slice I should hope so. To me those are silly prices, just like the 120B croissants also available at some "delicatessens" in Bangkok.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

At 95B a slice I should hope so. To me those are silly prices, just like the 120B croissants also available at some "delicatessens" in Bangkok.

Good value at 95bt per slice if you consider the rent they are paying at PALA. 

The land values at that location are probably the highest on planet earth. 

1 hour ago, jiz said:

Good value at 95bt per slice if you consider the rent they are paying at PALA. 

The land values at that location are probably the highest on planet earth. 

In the states in many places I get 2 slices and a coke for $5 or a beer for $1 more

• 3 weeks later...

Being from the New York area I am used to having a good slice of pizza (No crap like “Papa Johns” or “Dominos”). Especially when I’m in New York City. For those who have eaten in the various “pizzeria” (or alleged pizzerias) who would you say has the best pizza? The last time I was in Pattaya I was going to stop at “Bronx Pizza” on Soi 13 across the street from Beefeaters. But never made it. So where do you recommend? Thanks.

36 pages of discussion to look through. 

i think bronx pizza is ok, but not that special. 

• Like 2

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

Black Pearl on WS. It’s a general restaurant but they have French and Italian chefs. I’ve had two pizzas there and they were as good as I’ve had anywhere. There also huge. 

10 Reasons I cant be arsed -

Soi 6 Slice Pizza.  

Slice Pizza.jpg

• Like 3

pretty soon the new Pala will open up in Terminal 21... that will have the best pizza in Pattaya... of course depends on personal taste, etc... and Pala isn't for everyone, but it is for MANY - usually packed during lunch time at the Asok location in Bangkok... 

• Like 3

Retired in Pattaya, Thailand - arrived April 1, 2014... Ohhhhh yeahhhhhh... LiveN my dream!

Might be a good (pizza) quest to take part in during the day when there is nothing to do. :GrinNod1:

I think Bronx has people shilling for them.  There are always posts about them on various forums and yet their pizza is nothing special.  Overpriced for slices with hardly any toppings or cheese.  

The best pizza is at a good Italian restaurant that imports their ingredients.  Unlike back home, the franchise places like Pizza Company are not bad in Thailand because they also import their ingredients.  Most small pizza places buy from local distributors and the ingredients are not great.  So the pizza and sauce has no flavor.

Edited by supa
  • Like 1

I have had Bronx Pizza a few times when it was on Soi Diana (and I liked their slices - as my MainMan_WingMan sez' => good drunk food), and Pizza Company many times (my TGF's favorite delivery pizza)... When on Soi 6, I have had Slice Pizza and it is OK enough (again, good drunk food)... I also like NY Pizza A LOT (I can't get enough of a large pizza with pepperoni, garlic, jalapeños)...  Pizza Company is part of the Miner Group (also own the Thailand franchise for Dairy Queen, Burger King, Coffee Club, Sizzler, etc - as well as the Avani hotels - and is headed up by a former US citizen (Bill Heinecke), who became a Thai citizen (for tax purposes, as the story goes) - a multibillion $$ company. => http://www.minor.com/Home/Index.php ) ... so since the owner was an American, I give his company my business... not really - I like Pizza Company OK, probably one of the best of the franchise pizza shops in Thailand, in my OH SO HUMBLE Opinion... the calzone's at the Holiday Inn on Beach Road, especially during their happy hours (50% off) are real good (and it is convenient to Soi 6)... also, kudos to Korando's Bar on Soi 15/Bukhao - their pizzas are pretty decent tasting... I tried the new pizza joint that used to be PizzaPizza, in Avenue "Mall" and it was OK, pretty decent... I think the pizza at Dicey Reilly's is OK as well - have had it poolSide at the Avani hotel... many, many pizza/Italian food choices in Pattaya - we are VERY VERY fortunate for that to be theCASE... I bet it wasn't that way 20 years ago - not as much farang food choices... but then again, things were A LOT cheaper back then, there was MUCH MUCH less traffic, there was no Chinese tour group invasion, BF/ST/LTs were cheaper, there were less TBGs (and people in general) glued to their phones... but that was then, and this is now - REMEMBER, BE HERE, NOW (as BabaRamDass said in his book)!!!

9 hours ago, southsidebruce said:

I have had Bronx Pizza a few times when it was on Soi Diana (and I liked their slices - as my MainMan_WingMan sez' => good drunk food), and Pizza Company many times (my TGF's favorite delivery pizza)... When on Soi 6, I have had Slice Pizza and it is OK enough (again, good drunk food)... I also like NY Pizza A LOT (I can't get enough of a large pizza with pepperoni, garlic, jalapeños)...  Pizza Company is part of the Miner Group (also own the Thailand franchise for Dairy Queen, burger King, Coffee Club, Sizzler, etc - as well as the Avani hotels - and is headed up by a former US citizen (Bill Heinecke), who became a Thai citizen (for tax purposes, as the story goes) - a multibillion $$ company. => http://www.minor.com/Home/Index.php ) ... so since the owner was an American, I give his company my business... not really - I like Pizza Company OK, probably one of the best of the franchise pizza shops in Thailand, in my OH SO HUMBLE Opinion... the calzone's at the Holiday Inn on Beach Road, especially during their happy hours (50% off) are real good (and it is convenient to Soi 6)... also, kudos to Korando's Bar on Soi 15/Bukhao - their pizzas are pretty decent tasting... I tried the new pizza joint that used to be PizzaPizza, in Avenue "Mall" and it was OK, pretty decent... I think the pizza at Dicey Reilly's is OK as well - have had it poolSide at the Avani Hotel... many, many pizza/Italian food choices in Pattaya - we are VERY VERY fortunate for that to be theCASE... I bet it wasn't that way 20 years ago - not as much farang food choices... but then again, things were A LOT cheaper back then, there was MUCH MUCH less traffic, there was no Chinese tour group invasion, BF/ST/LTs were cheaper, there were less TBGs (and people in general) glued to their phones... but that was then, and this is now - REMEMBER, BE HERE, NOW (as BabaRamDass said in his book)!!!

I don't know if I could hit all these places in 2 trips but thanks. I'm just looking for a good plain pizza, sauce & cheese (mozzarella) not "pizza cheese." I know it's Thailand so I can't ask for that much as even most other states in the US have shit pizza. 

• Like 1

On 8/27/2018 at 00:01, robert said:

In the states in many places I get 2 slices and a coke for $5 or a beer for $1 more

In the US ingredients , especially cheese is cheap.

Pala uses high end imported ingredients, mostly products from Italy.

I have had their Antipasto platter and it was fantastic .

I hope the Pattaya branch can maintain the high standards that the Bangkok location has set.

Image may contain: food

• Like 3

I am not ting tong...my mother had me tested.

18 hours ago, baddog666 said:

In the US ingredients , especially cheese is cheap.

Pala uses high end imported ingredients, mostly products from Italy.

I have had their Antipasto platter and it was fantastic .

I hope the Pattaya branch can maintain the high standards that the Bangkok location has set.

Image may contain: food

Although not a big fan of cold Antipasto it looks at least like the real thing so maybe the pizza would be the same.

7 minutes ago, slashlarue said:

Although not a big fan of cold Antipasto it looks at least like the real thing so maybe the pizza would be the same.

By the slice or by the meter....

Image may contain: pizza and food

I am not ting tong...my mother had me tested.

8 hours ago, baddog666 said:

By the slice or by the meter....

Image may contain: pizza and food

Its all about the crust. Those things would be caught dead in a Brooklyn pizzeria. :NoNo3:

On 9/17/2018 at 09:09, slashlarue said:

I don't know if I could hit all these places in 2 trips but thanks. I'm just looking for a good plain pizza, sauce & cheese (mozzarella) not "pizza cheese." I know it's Thailand so I can't ask for that much as even most other states in the US have shit pizza. 

What about that pizza museum they opened in ... I don’t know ... where was it again ... maybe ... CHICAGO.

ps DEEP DISH SUCKS - but our thin crust is simply superior.

Need hotel suggestions?  Free, non-judgmental help available HERE with over 1,100 rooms within 1 mile of the Pattaya nightlife districts covered.  Results tuned to your exact specifications.

Down for Maintenance as of 11/8/2017.

Map Links and Joiner Policy Repository access information here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xjbngew8ss1a6q0/mapLinks.pdf?dl=0

13 hours ago, mustluvbuns said:

What about that pizza museum they opened in ... I don’t know ... where was it again ... maybe ... CHICAGO.

ps DEEP DISH SUCKS - but our thin crust is simply superior.

Deep dish is not my first go to but it can be good. I really don't consider it "pizza" but more like a casserole. And there are some good casseroles but we don't call them pizza. 

14 minutes ago, slashlarue said:

Deep dish is not my first go to but it can be good. I really don't consider it "pizza" but more like a casserole. And there are some good casseroles but we don't call them pizza. 

Agreed.  My grandfather was a picky eater and my grandmother, as a happy by-product, couldn’t torture our family with casseroles, so I never had them growing up.  I am pretty sure that’s what I have against Chicago Deep Dish.

Need hotel suggestions?  Free, non-judgmental help available HERE with over 1,100 rooms within 1 mile of the Pattaya nightlife districts covered.  Results tuned to your exact specifications.

Down for Maintenance as of 11/8/2017.

Map Links and Joiner Policy Repository access information here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xjbngew8ss1a6q0/mapLinks.pdf?dl=0

Pizza & Co, newly opened in Pratumnak, is getting rave reviews on the foodie FB groups, though I haven't been there yet and I think it's still in soft opening tweaking it's menu.  Pizzas there are B220-380.

For those after a pizza bargain, though I'm certainly not suggesting their pizzas are the best, Dominos Pizza in south Pattaya offers 50% discounts mid-afternoon.   https://eatigo.com/th/chiang-mai-pattaya/en/r/domino-s-pizza-south-pattaya-3294

As noted above, since cheese is fairly expensive in Thailand, pizzas are always going to struggle to appear value for money compared to farangland.