IGNORED

Best Pizza in Town

On 8/12/2018 at 07:02, KittenKong said:

Somehow I doubt that they will be doing any 79B Margherita promos when they reopen. A shame, but I only ever went there when they had a promo on. The rest of the time it was overpriced like most other pizza venues in Thailand.

Those amongst us who are disappointed the Pizza Pizza B79 marguerita offer turned into Sergio's [no criticism, I like a bargain too], should look towards New York Diner on WS where the B89 marguerita promo may still be running.

40223472_2171998503044170_5181689064062976_n.jpg.fbc90f335a2a9484a254b4bdd9c7c390.jpg

Saying “Dominos” and pizza in the same sentence is sacrilegious.  :NoNo3:

Just now, SirL said:

Pizza & Co, newly opened in Pratumnak, is getting rave reviews on the foodie FB groups, though I haven't been there yet and I think it's still in soft opening tweaking it's menu.  Pizzas there are B220-380.

For those after a pizza bargain, though I'm certainly not suggesting their pizzas are the best, Dominos Pizza in south Pattaya offers 50% discounts mid-afternoon.   https://eatigo.com/th/chiang-mai-pattaya/en/r/domino-s-pizza-south-pattaya-3294

As noted above, since cheese is fairly expensive in Thailand, pizzas are always going to struggle to appear value for money compared to farangland.

My friend go to Pizza&Co as he could see the place from our rooftop pool and he claimed it was in the better side of the offerings. I still prefer Dom Pizza's pepperoni in Pratamnak soi5. Now they have a sale before 6pm 240bht all pizzas, after that 290bht. 

For Domino's, I have ordered one time for hangover. Very small pizzas and they taste like crap. I wouldn't order even 50% off.

As for the cheese,  if you want to buy it, Siambury in Khao Talo road offers very reasonable priced cheeses. Recently I bought matured Australian cheddar 330gr for 49bht. They are off cuts(oddly chaped blocks) but the taste is very good for that price.

On 9/19/2018 at 14:18, slashlarue said:

Saying “Dominos” and pizza in the same sentence is sacrilegious.  :NoNo3:

I was in Makati / Manila last year when Dominos opened a new location.... they had a band outside and were giving away samples.

Much different than what you get in the US. Really not good at all.

I think they have come a long way over the years and make a decent pizza.... not great , but certainly not bad.

I have had real New York pizza.... Ray's  , Ray's Famous .... I have also had Chicago pizza.... so different.  

Pizza is like beer..... a matter of taste ... 

I am not ting tong...my mother had me tested.

On 9/21/2018 at 14:49, baddog666 said:

I was in Makati / Manila last year when Dominos opened a new location.... they had a band outside and were giving away samples.

Much different than what you get in the US. Really not good at all.

I think they have come a long way over the years and make a decent pizza.... not great , but certainly not bad.

I have had real New York pizza.... Ray's  , Ray's Famous .... I have also had Chicago pizza.... so different.  

Pizza is like beer..... a matter of taste ... 

I know it is Thailand and if other states in the US have bad pizza then I guess I'm expecting too much from Thailand. I just thought maybe someone would make a good "New York" style pizza in Pattaya or close to it.

On 9/17/2018 at 10:09, slashlarue said:

I don't know if I could hit all these places in 2 trips but thanks. I'm just looking for a good plain pizza, sauce & cheese (mozzarella) not "pizza cheese." I know it's Thailand so I can't ask for that much as even most other states in the US have shit pizza. 

As a few people already mentioned, try Pizza Art in Jomtien. It's next to the entrance of VT2 and very easy to get to on the baht bus. The owner is Italian and they have a wood burning oven. I think it's by far the best pizza I ever had in Thailand, though I haven't tried ALL the recommended places. There's a really nice outdoor area in the back if you bring a girl, or would just rather be outside than in a/c.

I get double sauce, double cheese and well done. Plain cheese is the best way to judge pizza quality. 

I'm a fan of Pizza Art as well but I was impressed with the Sergio's Pizza Factory pizza. Sergios pizza is much better than the pizza in the same location that closed. He uses a sourdough crust that doesn't really taste sour but it's still a quite interesting thin, not too crispy, not too soft, crust. The current promotion is actually pretty good. For about 270 you get a salad, a Margarita pizza, and a drink including beer or wine. If you want to add toppings on this promotion you can for an extra cost. I had the excellent Ceaser salad, pizza w/ added anchovy topping, and red wine. It's very different than Pizza Art's pizza. I like them both a lot.

Sergio tells me that over time the flavor of the sourdough crust will develop to the point where you can actually taste it. But it's quite a good crust already.

I also tried their gnocchi (offered with tomato or cream and cheese sauce) and found that excellent as well.

Recent writeup --

http://www.pattayamail.com/diningout/sergio-and-maria-224029

Edited by Kreggerz
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Kreggerz said:

I'm a fan of Pizza Art as well but I was impressed with the Sergio's Pizza Factory pizza. Sergios pizza is much better than the pizza in the same location that closed. He uses a sourdough crust that doesn't really taste sour but it's still a quite interesting thin, not too crispy, not too soft, crust. The current promotion is actually pretty good. For about 270 you get a salad, a Margarita pizza, and a drink including beer or wine. If you want to add toppings on this promotion you can for an extra cost. I had the excellent Ceaser salad, pizza w/ added anchovy topping, and red wine. It's very different than Pizza Art's pizza. I like them both a lot.

Sergio tells me that over time the flavor of the sourdough crust will develop to the point where you can actually taste it. But it's quite a good crust already.

I also tried their gnocchi (offered with tomato or cream and cheese sauce) and found that excellent as well.

Recent writeup --

Agreed. Sergios is currently my favorite pizza in Pattaya.....Until PALA opens in the new Terminal 21 of course  

16 hours ago, Kreggerz said:

Recent writeup --

Looking forward to trying it when I'm back in Dec!

18 hours ago, Kreggerz said:

Recent writeup --

Great feedback dinner sorted tonight.

4 hours ago, Pheat said:

Great feedback dinner sorted tonight.

If you go for the promotion (choice of salad, Margarita pizza, and choice of drink) you'll probably need to ask them if you want to add topping(s) as they don't communicate that well. But they definitely do it. So if you want meatballs on top for example, you might want to ask them how much as different toppings have different prices. Anchovies were 60 baht if I remember correctly.

On 9/19/2018 at 10:13, SirL said:

Those amongst us who are disappointed the Pizza Pizza B79 marguerita offer turned into Sergio's [no criticism, I like a bargain too], should look towards New York Diner on WS where the B89 marguerita promo may still be running.

I normally never set foot in WS but if this is still valid I may be tempted.

On 23.9.2018 at 02:40, slashlarue said:

I know it is Thailand and if other states in the US have bad pizza then I guess I'm expecting too much from Thailand. I just thought maybe someone would make a good "New York" style pizza in Pattaya or close to it.

There's a Pizza bakery outside of Retox bar and restaurant in Soi Lengkee.
It's called Bronx Pizza and their stuff looks good, but I never tried the Pizza as I have to admit.
But maybe worth trying out for you if you're looking for NY style Pizza.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Bronx+Pizza/@12.9274531,100.8865286,20z/data=!4m16!1m8!3m7!1s0x0:0x559133bcebf7717d!2sMiracle+House!5m1!1s2018-10-10!8m2!3d12.92761!4d100.8862!3m6!1s0x3102960efc63db01:0x55af85e80d928cbc!5m1!1s2018-10-10!8m2!3d12.9275291!4d100.8867531

Edited by max333

3 minutes ago, max333 said:

It's called Bronx Pizza and their stuff looks good, but I never tried the Pizza as I have to admit.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Bronx+Pizza/@12.9274531,100.8865286,20z/data=!4m16!1m8!3m7!1s0x0:0x559133bcebf7717d!2sMiracle+House!5m1!1s2018-10-10!8m2!3d12.92761!4d100.8862!3m6!1s0x3102960efc63db01:0x55af85e80d928cbc!5m1!1s2018-10-10!8m2!3d12.9275291!4d100.8867531

Thanks.

On 9/30/2018 at 16:35, jiz said:

Agreed. Sergios is currently my favorite pizza in Pattaya.....Until PALA opens in the new Terminal 21 of course  

I wouldn't have been in any rush to inspect the new Terminal 21 complex on my next trip, but with Pala opening there the first day I get a craving for non Thai food I'll be there. Pala is the best pizza I've had in Thailand hands down.

3 hours ago, max333 said:

This and the place on WS..New York Diner....mentioned above...both good and decent value....Bronx moved from Soi DIana to Beach Road near subway back to here.

NY Diner also has good apps and like 30 BHT for 2 scoops of ice cream!

On 6 March 2018 at 18:57, robert said:

How does there pizza compare to Bronx?

they are absolute shit pizza's . asked me what i wanted on it , i said hawian ... then she say .... no hab ham , no hab bacon ... so i go over Family Mart and buy 1 pkt of each no offer to pay for it and no discount . base of pizza would have to be the worst i've ever had

• 3 weeks later...
On 08/10/2018 at 04:29, max333 said:

I had Bronx Pizza a few times this year and found it quite good, semi NY style. Large slices, thin and not too crispy of a crust. Discount on a 2nd or 3rd slice. Also a 2nd stall location which opens up in the afternoon next to Subway on Soi Buakhao (google map link here) and new pizzas are brought down from the main location.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 08/10/2018 at 23:18, Gnorman said:

I wouldn't have been in any rush to inspect the new Terminal 21 complex on my next trip, but with Pala opening there the first day I get a craving for non Thai food I'll be there. Pala is the best pizza I've had in Thailand hands down.

Looked up Pala a couple days ago as I was craving a good pizza but didn't see it being listed in terminal 21. Did it come and go or just never open? Was getting late to try sergios, so ended up picking up at brooklyn diner which I think is quite good.

1 hour ago, LuvThaiPussy said:

Looked up Pala a couple days ago as I was craving a good pizza but didn't see it being listed in terminal 21. Did it come and go or just never open? Was getting late to try sergios, so ended up picking up at brooklyn diner which I think is quite good.

I'm not sure if Pala was bought out by a "chain" or never opened.

The restaurant I ate at a few times in Terminal 21 was, to me anyway, exactly the same as my memory of Pala. I'm sorry but I never got a photo, and the name escapes me. It is on the top level on the right hand side before the food court, it's right next to the kids arcade games. The coffee shop opposite it shares the same name.

I'm sure someone knows the name and can confirm if it is indeed Pala rebranded, the gentleman owner/manager looked very familiar to me.

The pizza I found very good, so Pala or not I will return on my next visit.

4 minutes ago, jiz said:

There are 2 shops selling slices of the meter long Roman pizzas at Terminal 21.

Italian Osteria & Pala by PanPan. 

Thank you jiz, Pala by PanPan is the one I ate at. The pizza is very good in my opinion.