Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Best Pizza in Town

On 3/18/2018 at 10:11, KittenKong said:

Pizza Pizza in The Avenue is still doing its 79B Margherita, which must be far and away the best value in town for anyone who likes (fairly) authentic Margherita pizzas.

i'm told it's currently closed and the builders are in. dunno if it will reopen as pizza pizza or something else

On 6/13/2018 at 17:37, benny31 said:

New York Pizza on 3rd road. (Chayapoon/Lengkee area)

:Photo1::Number1a:

NYP1.jpg.a8ae37e6150d79d05391ccc66a3bc86a.jpg

The best "american" style pizza...

Don't have a fave for Authentic Italian Style Pizza... but my current fav is Pizza Big (Nakula)...

...and I suspect that it may soon be replaced once I try Trattoria Pizzeria Toscana (Beach Rd)...

Edited by Saddic

On 6/13/2018 at 03:03, robert said:

What is a Toothy pizza?

Bronx Pizza before they reheat their slices which have been sitting on the counter for "only Buddha knows how long"...

Edited by Saddic

i'm told it's currently closed and the builders are in. dunno if it will reopen as pizza pizza or something else

It's reopening as something else. The Pizza Pizza signs have all been taken down, and a new name is currently in the window, although I can’t seem to remember the new name. Sorry....senior moment. I’ll go by there in the morning and look again.

Just now, vivid2 said:

It's reopening as something else. The Pizza Pizza signs have all been taken down, and a new name is currently in the window, although I can’t seem to remember the new name. Sorry....senior moment. I’ll go by there in the morning and look again.

if a jobs worth doing......................

5b6d680d05b38_11august080(Custom).JPG.ea43bfaccfcd3bc8a611fb5c4c168ee2.JPG

5b6d681e350e1_11august079(Custom).JPG.510f079a1c982d24d1dede5835ef85ef.JPG

and the pepperoni has missed the deadline

5b6d68525eb21_11august081(Custom).JPG.5bf6bb00d0c320c4d84c6530239cd6f1.JPG

if a jobs worth doing......................
5b6d680d05b38_11august080(Custom).JPG.ea43bfaccfcd3bc8a611fb5c4c168ee2.JPG

5b6d681e350e1_11august079(Custom).JPG.510f079a1c982d24d1dede5835ef85ef.JPG
and the pepperoni has missed the deadline
5b6d68525eb21_11august081(Custom).JPG.5bf6bb00d0c320c4d84c6530239cd6f1.JPG

If a job's worth doing......you might as well put the correct dates on the pics. Today's the 10th of August...not the 11th.

2 hours ago, vivid2 said:

If a job's worth doing......you might as well put the correct dates on the pics. Today's the 10th of August...not the 11th.

i'm well aware of the date but i loaded a set of pics to my computer early on the 10th. i went out and took another 80 odd later  so  to keep things in order i dated them as the 11th. the fact remains it should have opened thursday the 9th.

i'm well aware of the date but i loaded a set of pics to my computer early on the 10th. i went out and took another 80 odd later  so  to keep things in order i dated them as the 11th. the fact remains it should have opened thursday the 9th.

And the sign is still up as of a couple hours ago!! And it’s still not open.

I was just joking a bit about the date....I really love all of your pics on so many different topics. I know it's a real hassle, but it’s surely appreciated.

Thanks for a job well done.
  • Like 2

On 8/11/2018 at 00:50, striderman said:

Is that the same Sergio who started Limoncello in Bangkok I wonder?

If so, good news. 

Edited by jiz
  • Like 1

On 10/08/2018 at 11:10, striderman said:

Somehow I doubt that they will be doing any 79B Margherita promos when they reopen. A shame, but I only ever went there when they had a promo on. The rest of the time it was overpriced like most other pizza venues in Thailand.

Of course, being in The Avenue probably means it has the kiss of death on it anyway. Only MacDonalds seems to do at all well there.

2 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Somehow I doubt that they will be doing any 79B Margherita promos when they reopen. A shame, but I only ever went there when they had a promo on. The rest of the time it was overpriced like most other pizza venues in Thailand.

Of course, being in The Avenue probably means it has the kiss of death on it anyway. Only MacDonalds seems to do at all well there.

Starbucks does quite well at Avenue also... If it ends up as good as the FaceBook pictures show (just a few of their pizza), it will do good, I am sure... If they make a good pizza (of course the definition of good pizza varies wildly from one BM to another), and have decent pasta as well - and if the prices are relatively OK, it will do just fine... I am looking forward to checking it out a couple weeks after they open (I try to never hit a restaurant when they first open, wait until things settle in, staff becomes familiar with how things work, etc)... 

Retired in Pattaya, Thailand - arrived April 1, 2014... Ohhhhh yeahhhhhh... LiveN my dream!

:GrinNod1:  :GoldenSmile1:  :24:

On 8/10/2018 at 17:24, vivid2 said:

still not open sunday 12th

still not open sunday 12th

Yes it was. Earlier in the day there were people inside eating, but the flip sign on the door said “Closed”. I think it might just have been an oversight or they were just testing.

But at 20:00 it was open and the flip sign said “Welcome”

I had already eaten dinner so I didn’t try it, but I might just give it a try today.

I drove past The Avenue at lunchtime today. From my car I could just about make out a poster on the window announcing "free pizza" but I could not read the details (I doubt that it is unconditionally free).

Oddly if you look at their Facebook page there are comments and pictures dating back to last year which mention Pizza PIzza by Yanee. So maybe this is just a makeover and not a change of ownership. No mention of the "free" promo on the FB page.

I drove past The Avenue at lunchtime today. From my car I could just about make out a poster on the window announcing "free pizza" but I could not read the details (I doubt that it is unconditionally free).
Oddly if you look at their Facebook page there are comments and pictures dating back to last year which mention Pizza PIzza by Yanee. So maybe this is just a makeover and not a change of ownership. No mention of the "free" promo on the FB page.

The “Free” pizza comes with a 279 THB salad, or something like that. 🥗🥗🥗
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, vivid2 said:

The “Free” pizza comes with a 279 THB salad, or something like that.

Pretty much what I was expecting. If the salad and pizza are both decent then it's not too bad a price.

There's better and cheaper elsewhere though.

Pretty much what I was expecting. If the salad and pizza are both decent then it's not too bad a price.

There's better and cheaper elsewhere though.

c8b682c629617da80eebd35541770d16.jpg238959908c49e922aa9d20f190813daa.jpg

Yes...a “Free” pizza with extra toppings from only 60 THB each. And that's not including the service charge.

That’s like McDonalds saying “Free” bun with the purchase of their hamburger.

• Haha 2

An attempt at scamming people who don’t comprehend English well or is he special enough to believe that’s a good promotion?

Well, I often used to have the 79B pizza plus a bottle of Heineken for a total of 178B net. So pizza plus salad plus beer for about 296B net isnt too bad, I suppose. Probably not good enough to tempt me in though.

Had the "Greek" at Loaf today, and while no price/service complaints (I try to avoid processed meats - health), the taste was very plain IMHO.  Tomato sauce needs a bit of a kick along.

Will try a few other places in the area in the next few weeks.

On 6/14/2018 at 15:08, blake7373 said:

Is Brooklyn Diner still around at Buakhao near LK Metro? Was very good pizza and (other food) a year back. TG even gave thumbs up.

Thank you. Far better than Bronx

On 8/14/2018 at 23:13, Barhop said:

Had the "Greek" at Loaf today, and while no price/service complaints (I try to avoid processed meats - health), the taste was very plain IMHO.  Tomato sauce needs a bit of a kick along.

Will try a few other places in the area in the next few weeks.

Tried Brooklyn Diner this afternoon and had the "Krapao", which although unfortunately named, was tasty with a crisp thin base.  Enjoyed this place much more than Loaf.  Do hate it when they put pork & chicken on the ingredients list when it should read pork OR chicken.  Minor gripe though...

• 2 weeks later...

Sergio at The Avenue is doing an excellent job if you go by my experience here. 

Ordered the Salad/Pizza/Drink specially.

The pizza margarita was seasoned then cooked to perfection with some nice char on the bottom and those yummy char blisters on the crust and cheese. Nice!  Sorry no photo  

The pizza slices held up nicely and you don’t need to eat it with a fork like a girly man.

The Caesar salad was delicious too and done right with anchovy, soft boiled egg, bacon and romaine with a generous sprinkle of Parmesan.

WARNING: The pennywise may have spasms, convulsions or even a stroke when I reveal that the have...are you sitting down?.... tax and service charges.

07C9BD20-554B-43F2-9DA9-A9DC525275A4.jpeg

Edited by jiz

I ate at Sergio's yesterday, had a margarita pizza and pasta with tomato sauce - a good food sample test of any Italian restaurant (in my opinion)... It was pretty good/OK (although my TGF complained that the tomato sauce was salty), probably MUCH MUCH better than PizzaPizza, where I never went and when I walked by and looked at customers' pizzas, they looked pretty shabby... I didn't like that they didn't give Italian bread with the pasta (should be a given)... BUT, Pala Romana is opening a branch in Terminal 21 and when that is available, it will blow away all other pizzas in Pattaya (once they get past growing pains of a new restaurant, sort out a decent staff, etc - gotta give a restaurant a month or so to get their act together (in my opinion).... Of course that is only my humble opinion, BUT every time my TGF and I go to BKK, we ALWAYS go to Pala Romana - and we are NEVER/EVER disappointed... 

• Like 2

Retired in Pattaya, Thailand - arrived April 1, 2014... Ohhhhh yeahhhhhh... LiveN my dream!

:GrinNod1:  :GoldenSmile1:  :24:

Gasp! How dare a business attempt to be profitable!!??

So, if everyone else is overpriced, how do you know what the ‘right’ price for a pizza is ?

I find it drol how any business venture actually thinks that any business catering to Farang in Pattaya could turn a profit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk