Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Best Pizza in Town

11 hours ago, WhiteThai said:

Why did they move again? 

Probably the same reason that many businesses close after 1 or 3 years in one location here: at the end of the contract the Thai landlord has upped the rent substantially making it impossible for the business owner to continue in that location. So the business moves to another location where the rent is (initially) lower and the whole cycle starts again. Or the business just closes and doesn't reopen elsewhere at all. And the original location stays vacant for months or years with the landlord looking like the complete prat that he is.

I've seen it happen hundreds if not thousands of times here over the years, to both small and large businesses. Look at Shenanigans in Jomtien Complex: empty for more than a year. Many Thais are astoundingly greedy and short-sighted, and this is an excellent example of it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mcfish said:

There is no such thing as a bad pizza or blow job

I could not disagree more. Both are widely available here.

7 hours ago, Abracadabra said:

Completely agree with you. I also don't understand why Bronx Pizza has so many replies in a topic called "Best Pizza in Town". I have eaten slices at Bronx many times and just as many of the Kebab places it's great food after drinking but come on, best pizza in town??? I'm sorry but no...

Agreed it's OK if you are hungry after a few beers but no way a good pizza.

5 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Probably the same reason that many businesses close after 1 or 3 years in one location here: at the end of the contract the Thai landlord has upped the rent substantially making it impossible for the business owner to continue in that location. So the business moves to another location where the rent is (initially) lower and the whole cycle starts again. Or the business just closes and doesn't reopen elsewhere at all. And the original location stays vacant for months or years with the landlord looking like the complete prat that he is.

I've seen it happen hundreds if not thousands of times here over the years, to both small and large businesses. Look at Shenanigans in Jomtien Complex: empty for more than a year. Many Thais are astoundingly greedy and short-sighted, and this is an excellent example of it.

Good point, but they were only in their new location for 2 months. There must have been some kind of lease, and it couldn't have been cheap to built it into a pizza parlor. They were maybe 10 meters from beach rd, so how bad could the location have been?

I think if they would have posted it for sale at a good price, it would have sold easily.

Edited by WhiteThai

1 hour ago, WhiteThai said:

Good point, but they were only in their new location for 2 months. There must have been some kind of lease, and it couldn't have been cheap to built it into a pizza parlor. They were maybe 10 meters from beach rd, so how bad could the location have been?

Perhaps they got a particularly good offer from the new place?

Made My First visit at Bronx yesterday.

Pretty ok pizza. Think i spoke or atleast was greated by owner ? Big fella made me feel like a regular with just a few welcoming words.

He was speaking to another customer about the ventilation. I can se why, since its a air-con in the back of container. We all know How effektive aircon is in a non closed area.

Even roofmounted fans over every table would probably booth be cheaper and more cooling.

However back to pizza. It Was good, took the Bronx pizza and wanted to Add garlic, but it was out [emoji4] would have been a Huge customer managment thing to send a runner to get some.

Pizza was god even without. Its just those small details i would love.

I think owner should put a few minutes to Google Ads or spend some time to make ”Bronx pizza” should line up First in Google searches. Now old adress shows up.

And ive seen many more people than me unsure of present location asking Where it is now. Small effort should be made IMO.

ac6aea6e8a7f68b22594dab9dd93c433.jpg

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk Pro

• 2 weeks later...

Just found the new Bronx Pizza location today after I couldn't find it in TIPP Plaza.   I ended up googling it,  address was correct next too Retox.  Same Pizza as when on Diana,  I really like it. 

Went to Pizza Italy this week for a take away. The Italian guy charged me 20 baht more than the quoted price in the menu and then charged me 20 baht extra for the pizza box. I have never been charged extra for a cardboard box before ... ever.

Pizza was ok but I don't like being taken for a ride. Last time I go there.

• Like 2

On 2/4/2018 at 06:47, SpankTheLing said:

Went to Pizza Italy this week for a take away. The Italian guy charged me 20 baht more than the quoted price in the menu and then charged me 20 baht extra for the pizza box. I have never been charged extra for a cardboard box before ... ever.

Pizza was ok but I don't like being taken for a ride. Last time I go there.

No tip ?   Agree this is bad business practice...sounds like they may be desperate .

I am not ting tong...my mother had me tested.

On 1/25/2018 at 18:08, Czmate said:

I tried the New York Pizza on 3rd road and have to say it’s not too bad at all also nice chips and Caesar salad.

Not in to buying a whole pie, to bad they don't sell slices

Cheap Charlie Pizza Tip.

Go to Holiday Inn at 4:45 and order 1/2 price pizza and then wait until 5pm to get buy 1 get 1 free drinks for HH.

Pizza 1/2 off 3-5

HH buy 1 get 1 5-7

82A7A4A7-5EB3-4E67-98B2-2D2D9F2D52E2.jpeg

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, CarolinaJames said:

Cheap Charlie Pizza Tip.

Go to Holiday Inn at 4:45 and order 1/2 price pizza and then wait until 5pm to get buy 1 get 1 free drinks for HH.

Pizza 1/2 off 3-5

HH buy 1 get 1 5-7

Thanks for the tip  :)

How much are we talking about ?

I think the pizzas were 350 full price and drinks were 120 (beer) or 200ish (wine and cocktails). Real wine, not fruit wine.

We had 2 pizzas, 6 glasses of wine, and 2 beers for around 1,700 baht.  They do have service charge and tax added.

• 4 weeks later...

with the arrival of Bronx pizza at retox garden lengkee war has been declared by a local rival

5a9e7efda853e_mar6016(Custom).JPG.ba58661799bc07b2af0e0b682c248f10.JPG

by the way, as before it is shut on a tuesday

5a9e7f10cfd88_mar6017(Custom).JPG.56da6c3610e0595e620c3f35f477528b.JPG

5a9e7f446c886_mar6014(Custom).JPG.fd99b28278e8530a7c313788827bf954.JPG

5a9e7f56d2072_mar6015(Custom).JPG.1398abe48c1b1aa5c5439d581ccd4b4c.JPG

3 minutes ago, striderman said:

with the arrival of Bronx pizza at Retox garden lengkee war has been declared by a local rival

5a9e7efda853e_mar6016(Custom).JPG.ba58661799bc07b2af0e0b682c248f10.JPG

by the way, as before it is shut on a tuesday

5a9e7f10cfd88_mar6017(Custom).JPG.56da6c3610e0595e620c3f35f477528b.JPG

5a9e7f446c886_mar6014(Custom).JPG.fd99b28278e8530a7c313788827bf954.JPG

5a9e7f56d2072_mar6015(Custom).JPG.1398abe48c1b1aa5c5439d581ccd4b4c.JPG

How does there pizza compare to Bronx?

1 hour ago, robert said:

How does there pizza compare to Bronx?

i'm a photo guy not 1 of the food critics :GiveBeer1: never tried either :rolleyes:

Don't these guys get it. This is Thailand where your supposed to raise prices in case of slowdown or competition.555

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/3/2017 at 08:31, striderman said:

Volare a brick oven place corner of59fbc6fda8751_oct24004(Custom).JPG.aa0a4129603db0b9be0b7820087b919d.JPG soi buakaow and Soi 15 reopens today after a 2 month closure for expansion and full refit

well they built a pizza oven, but it failed...............

5aaaf4ad82634_mar2005(Custom).JPG.bea252da483c0f5f4656d11103488523.JPG

5aaaf45d807df_mar16009(Custom).JPG.47caf29cb10a538c5be4c8a5290fdd78.JPG

pic taken march 15th, past their own deadline and still just a pile of bricks !

On 3/6/2018 at 20:04, striderman said:

i'm a photo guy not 1 of the food critics :GiveBeer1: never tried either :rolleyes:

I enjoyed Slice pizza on Soi 6

• Like 1

I ate in Slice pizza on Soi 6 and liked it they also sell beer and soft drinks, I thought it was better then Bronx pizza

• Like 1

Pizza Pizza in The Avenue is still doing its 79B Margherita, which must be far and away the best value in town for anyone who likes (fairly) authentic Margherita pizzas.

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 23:57, striderman said:

59ac0a1552946_sept3022(Custom).JPG.9f6cb781448a8e529e3ddbdb4d8d5942.JPG

near chaba resort and jolly's on buakaow

Greatly enjoyed the pizza I had there.

The experience was enhanced by a wonderful Cambodian waitress.

MY 99 CENT KINDLE: ... 1974 TRAVEL IN THAILAND, CAMBODIA AND SOUTH VIETNAM : http://www.amazon.co.uk/EXPLAINING-CAMBODIA-Part-Torn-Jagged-ebook/dp/B00L0LC8TO

• 2 months later...

bronx now has a booth in soi diana very close to Subway. evenings i guess and like HQ closed tuesdays

5b1e61071936b_11june027(Custom).JPG.7c4d8459106b3fdaca721757b47d545b.JPG