IGNORED

Wok n Rok

Wok N Rok

Their plans was to have open 19.00-03.00

Yes for the Chinese takeaway food. Could easily eat in Red 5 bar or any other that's finished cooking food

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Need to have some of those vibrating things they give you in pubs so I can sit at The Golf Club and be buzzed when my food is ready.

I will send someone to order and pick up.

If I'm sat in Bachelor,I don't want to have to leave to get my food.

Maybe it's bigger on the inside

I'll give the British Indian food a try next month if open by then

Will it come with naan or just rice?

The Indian food will come with Pilua rice. It's great. She's been cooking it every night here. I'm getting fat on vindaloo's Lol.

Yes for the Chinese takeaway food. Could easily eat in Red 5 bar or any other that's finished cooking food

Bars in LK Metro without kitchens are welcome to a menu. If they have customers sat in their bar eating the customer is also drinking.

Went passed last night, was closed, but it was 2am.

Smaller than a Tardis, no room to swing a cat,

Hope it works and you open soon before Lloydie fades away to nothing.

Lol...yes. It's been cut down twice now to satisfy requirememts. But still, She has a 2 burner Chinese range. Freezer, 2 fridges. Deep fryers, microwaves.

Rice cookers and everything needed to serve quality Chinese takeaway food. The preperation is the key in this case. 

Let's see how it goes. Fingers crossed. She knows exactly what She's doing.

The most annoying thing is the noise level in that Soi. But She says inside the box it's not so bad. Time will tell.

Anyhow, we want to get it right before opening. Be fully stocked and make our old and new customers happy. This is the real deal. A British Chinese take away in a busy high foot traffic area selling the exact same quality food customers get back home at  prices they cannot buy at back home. 

There's all kinds of other little booths in LK Metro serving anything from pizza to doers or burgers to pud thai. I think this place will do just fine and as I grab stuff from other places there all the time to eat in my room it will be a great option.. I just hope it opens ASAP as the pace things are going I'll be back home.. hopefully she has a he

Er to clean woks and do some assistance prep as the lady selling pud thai and chow mien does at the other end nerve so berkow.. she's got good food also but could never do it alone everyday... anyway good luck and enough already let's get some food on the table and work out the details as we go... this opening is taking far far to long

Bars around have their own kitchens.

"Food and drinks from outside, not allowed"

Who eats at Go-Go's?

Eat and drink in a room, not so funny.

Take away to Nikom Bar is OK, but still, no beer.

Need some tables there, but what is the Landlord's thoughts about it?

There is hardly room to put the service box

Let alone tables and chairs

Like the chicken  curry with egg fried rice.

cooks will need to be small.

Good idea to have a fire extinguisher on hand 

Hope it works out

Like the chicken  curry with egg fried rice.

cooks will need to be small.

Good idea to have a fire extinguisher on hand 

Hope it works out

There's only one cook. That's Ouy. She will have one assistant taking orders.

Wok n Rok theme tune?

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

Went by there stall tonight and still closed tight.. this opening is looking less and less likely

Went by there stall tonight and still closed tight.. this opening is looking less and less likely

Seriously!

We opened tonight. Here's the menu. This is subject to change as we put more choices on it.

Stand_Menu1.jpg

Stand_Menu2.jpg

Good deal and I'll try to swing by again.. but the place was locked up tight with a cart parked in font of you yellow booth at 6:45 or 7 ok...

And let's not act to shocked here wok with your siriously coment.. we've only been hearing and waiting for this opening for a couple months now, this place was supposed to open 3 weeks ago...

Was open around 8.30pm. Had a peek, it is a tiny space but good luck to Ouy if she can do it!

I would cut the menu in half to simplify?

The location is more like where the six is on the map

It's moved once or twice since my post

:-)

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

The location is more like where the six is on the map

yep.

it is between crystal agogo and office agogo, but lets face it, the place is bright yellow with wok n rok written in red in a soi that is not very big.

if u can't find it then you were not really hungry !

Good deal and I'll try to swing by again.. but the place was locked up tight with a cart parked in font of you yellow booth at 6:45 or 7 ok...

And let's not act to shocked here wok with your siriously coment.. we've only been hearing and waiting for this opening for a couple months now, this place was supposed to open 3 weeks ago...

My friend. If you'e ever relied on local labour in Thailand you will realise that sometimes things do not go smoothly. The box would have been opened a long time ago if it hadn't been moved twice. And cut down, re-sized twice. Frustrating, but beyond Her control.

Even the sign man had his little problems:) All part and parcel of Pattaya.

Looking forward to hearing reviews of the food. If it's the same quality as the restaurant.

Had beef in black bean sauce with egg fried rice last night. Ordered a large portion thinking I could save half for next day. How wrong was I with that, the food was absolutely delicious and was woofed down in one sitting. Please everybody, if you like UK Chinese food give this place a try they deserve your support and you'll get delicious freshly cooked food.

Looking forward to hearing reviews of the food. If it's the same quality as the restaurant.

The food was good as you qwould exspect.. I think she will have to work out here portion sizing a bit though as I ordered a regular size and then also a large but the large was only about 3/4 full so it probably would of fit in the regular size container.. she does make each order from scratch though which has is nice but it takes a little time so prepare to stand there for a while and there's a couple chairs to eat there but really not much space so it's a takeaway joint for sure imo.. maybe she'll be able to set up a small table alongside or out front like a few of the other kiosks do in lk.. anyway the foods good.. ps Kung pao chicken would be my request on the menu..

Had beef in black bean sauce with egg fried rice last night. Ordered a large portion thinking I could save half for next day. How wrong was I with that, the food was absolutely delicious and was woofed down in one sitting. Please everybody, if you like UK Chinese food give this place a try they deserve your support and you'll get delicious freshly cooked food.

Thanks.

The quality is good. The sauces I'd say are on a par or better than the old Wok N Rok. Ouy got lots of help from Her previous Chinese employers setting this up.

Usually a lot of sauces are made at the wok. But since time and space is a consideration these sauces are now pre made and they taste fantastic. The sweet and sour, Sichuan and blackbean sauces are improved. Powerful, flavoursome sauces that need less work at the final cook off. 

Come and try it. It's the real deal. British Chinese takeaway food. 

The food was good as you qwould exspect.. I think she will have to work out here portion sizing a bit though as I ordered a regular size and then also a large but the large was only about 3/4 full so it probably would of fit in the regular size container.. she does make each order from scratch though which has is nice but it takes a little time so prepare to stand there for a while and there's a couple chairs to eat there but really not much space so it's a takeaway joint for sure imo.. maybe she'll be able to set up a small table alongside or out front like a few of the other kiosks do in lk.. anyway the foods good.. ps Kung pao chicken would be my request on the menu..

Your requests have been passed to Her. Kung Pao. Which one? She cooks three different types. The authentic Sichuan kung pao. The Northern British type and the Southern British type. All three completely different. Here's examples.

Kung Pao 1 = Authenic. Spicey and numbing with Sichuan pepper. Chinese red pepper, not Thai.

Kung Pao 2 = Southern UK. preference. Smokey deep taste.

Kng Pao   3 = Northern UK preference. Sweet red sauce slightly spicey.

Kung_Pao_Use.jpg

Kung_PaoYB.jpg

KungPaoChicken.jpg

Archived