IGNORED

Wok n Rok

Wok N Rok

Nice! I like peas and that's certainly what the ones in the fried rice dish looks like, but the curry dish looks more like the bitter look a-likes that might be mini eggplants according to Kreggerz. 

Either way, I'll be by soon to try.

Thanks.

Only garden peas mate. The ones in the curry's have been introduced to a blistering hot wok and flash cooked with Chinese cooking wine.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing I was sort of surprised you don't have, probably due to space constraints is hot and sour soup...any plans for the future?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

I work for the Night Wish group and The Pattaya News in Pattaya, Thailand. I run monthly meetups and bar crawls.. I also run the weekly Newbie Wednesday meetup sessions at Sexy in the City on Soi 6. Sexy in the City is located across from Queen Victoria Inn. 

One thing I was sort of surprised you don't have, probably due to space constraints is hot and sour soup...any plans for the future?

Mate. There's so much we'd like to add to the menu but can't because Ouy is a one Woman business. She doesn't hae a helper at the stand. Her helper done the usual disapearing act after a few days.

Peking, or hot and sour soup as it's more commoly known really needs to be cooked from scratch. Not pre-made.

Might look at putting it on as a two course special at some point.

Dear P.A. the takeaway stand is closed tonight. Ouy's taking a well deserved day off.

Open tomorrow at 6pm.

Hey Mate,

Sounds like its going well with your awesome food. 

Hopefully you and Ouy enjoy the day off!

Cheers

Back over in a couple of weeks mate, looking forward to visiting your new place .

There are no chicks with dicks, only guys with tits  :D

Double special on tonight.
1. Chicken chop suey with egg fried rice or chips
2. Chicken breast of curry with egg fried rice or chips.
Large portions. 185 Baht each.
Call Ouy on 092 969 4119
Located next to Office ago-go on LK Metro.
Open 6pm.

ChopSuey.jpg

Breast_Curry2.jpg

Two specials on at the Wok N Rok LK Metro takeaway stand tonight.
A two course Chinese. BBQ spare ribs plus sweet and sour chicken balls with egg fried rice or chips.
Large portion. 230 Baht.
If you're feeling really hungry this tastes great.
Donar meat, chips, vegetable chili pakora with spiced onions topped with UK donar and pakora sauces.
210 Baht.
Call Ouy on 092 969 4119

BBQRIBS.jpg

Sweet_Sour_Balls.jpg

Box.jpg

start doing half chips half rice ,had the chicken curry not bad  but just too hot sitting outside in this heat 

Just 5 minutes ago I had chicken in black bean sauce and sat in irovers, aroi mak.

Just 5 minutes ago I had chicken in black bean sauce and sat in irovers, aroi mak.

Cheers and thanks for the feedback. I think a lot of people didn't believe She could re-create a British Chinese takeaway from that tiny little stand. And she has done it.

Something I struggle with is how she gets the taste and flavours right every time. By taste not by measurement or quantity. Something I could never do. But, that's how the Chinese chefs taught Her in the UK to build the order By taste, not measurement.

Yep you are right I was a little sceptical at first glance but it was absolutely spot on and tastes exactly like my favourite back in Scotland with the sort of poached? texture to the chicken and a little spice after. Will be back again to try others on that massive menu. Cheers

Just wondering if the surrounding bars mind if you take a meal back to there bar, having bought it from a stand ? 

Just wondering if the surrounding bars mind if you take a meal back to there bar, having bought it from a stand ?

The bars won't mind as it will mean you are in there longer buying drinks, restaurants might tho

Yep you are right I was a little sceptical at first glance but it was absolutely spot on and tastes exactly like my favourite back in Scotland with the sort of poached? texture to the chicken and a little spice after. Will be back again to try others on that massive menu. Cheers

Where She served Her apprenticeship in Chinese kitchens. Scotland. You're in safe hands mate. Anything you order will be the real deal.

Busiest night She's had tonight. Thanks to all Ouy's customers.

Didn't think we'd be open tonight too be honest. Last night coming Home a Thai drviing at high speed against the traffic nearly collided with us.

I beeped my horn and carried on. About 20 seconds later from behind He attacked us. Using His helmet to smash blows on our heads and try to kick our bike over. He failed but then proceeded to pull out a gun and take aim at us. Managed to avoid Him getting a clear aim. He turned His lights off and went away at high speed.

First night wearing quality UK helmets and that probably saved us. Not a mark on them.

Reported but Police not interested. Lol

Plenty trade from Billabong customers tonight. Took their food there and ate it.

New special on tonight.
Sichuan chicken with egg fried rice or ships.
Large portion 185 Baht.
Open 6pm.
Tel Ouy on 092 969 4119
Please note the takeaway closes 18th and 19th for the last days of Songkran.
Open again 20th

Sichuan_EN.jpeg

yep apart from needing a break to enjoy the festivities you cannot use a wok safely with people lobbing water about

Double special at the Wok N Rok LK Metro.
Indian.
Chicken vindaloo with pilua rice or chips. Plus a a portion of chicken pakora with UK pakora sauce.
239 Baht.
Chinese.
Chicken breast of curry with egg fried rice or chips.
195 Baht.
Large portions.
Open 6pm.
Tel Ouy on 092 969 4119

Use.jpg

Chicken_Pakora (2).jpg

Use2.jpg

Dear Addicts.

the takeaway stand on LK Metro is closed tonight. But the good news is it's open on Tuesday which is the usual day off.

Thanks.

Where She served Her apprenticeship in Chinese kitchens. Scotland. You're in safe hands mate. Anything you order will be the real deal.

Didn't think we'd be open tonight too be honest. Last night coming Home a Thai drviing at high speed against the traffic nearly collided with us.

I beeped my horn and carried on. About 20 seconds later from behind He attacked us. Using His helmet to smash blows on our heads and try to kick our bike over. He failed but then proceeded to pull out a gun and take aim at us. Managed to avoid Him getting a clear aim. He turned His lights off and went away at high speed.

First night wearing quality UK helmets and that probably saved us. Not a mark on them.

No shit? That's fucking terrible :(

Thank goodness you are OK.

Where was that?

Noticed it was closed with a sign in Thai outside with a phone number, asked girl whqt it said and she said 'about sell', true?

Noticed it was closed with a sign in Thai outside with a phone number, asked girl whqt it said and she said 'about sell', true?

Dear Addicts.

the takeaway stand on LK Metro is closed tonight. But the good news is it's open on Tuesday which is the usual day off.

Thanks.

Girls will tell you anything that pops into their head.

PM Wok and ask him, straight from the horse's mouth and all that

Lol... No. It's a sign looking for staff.

She changed Her day off. Put in on facebook.

Archived