IGNORED

Best Burgers in town

In the top right of this page you should find a search this topic box. Type in "Gary Burger" including quotes and 2 pages of info will be available to you, including Google Maps and photos and directions. 

There is a menu but the Gary Burger does not appear on it. It is a special for us BM's.  :GoldenSmile1:

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

this is great pic... so mouth watering...

location please!!!!

The location has been stated several times through this thread just have a look and one shall find.  Put the effort in.  You'll be glad you did.

• 1 month later...

I used to enjoy the burger from Nick the Pizza, fantastic bun even if the filling isn't hands down top class. It's massive as well.

Best burger I had was Oz Burger but not the burger.It was slices of beef mixed with gravy & put in the bun.Good drunk food & you can sit behind in that cheap bar where you take beers from the fridge.Thought Carl Jr was just a typical standard American burger,OK but I wouldn't rave about it.Best chain type burger in London is Byrons,Tasty taste.

It was said earlier in the topic that the burger appreciation and appraisal depends significantly on what you were used to growing up. I think thats true.

A couple of guys have already nominated the Burgers at the Walkabout Creek on Third Road & Pattaya Tai Corner as being Top Notch. I gotta say,I liked the Lamb Roll a lot better but you gotta be quick yo score one of yhem because they cannot make them fast enough. They are ptimo.

The Burger isn't my photo but It makes me hungry every time I see it.

015.JPG014.JPG

017.JPG016.JPG

Free to Good home Jack Daniels Racing Suit (inc Newcastle Brown Underwear)

The last time I was there was the middle of November 2013 It was opening at 11: 00 am at that stage. I am not sure if that has changed.

Free to Good home Jack Daniels Racing Suit (inc Newcastle Brown Underwear)

• 4 weeks later...

on the corner of soi bawkao and diana there are aussie burgers. they are sensational. 150 baht. i was in patts for 12 days recently and i reckon i had 10 burgers. probably the best tucker i had in thailand on my last trip

I recently stumbled on this burger cart right on the corner of Soi Diana and Soi Buakhao across from Subway.  I am also from So California and I was very pleasantly surprised how good these burgers taste.  They may not be the best, but it came close to reminding me of home.  I felt what really did the trick was a nice topping of grilled onions they put on each burger.

Anyone who cannot cope with mathematics is not fully human. At best he is a tolerable sub-human who has learned to wear shoes, bathe, and not make messes in the house.

Robert Heinlein

• 3 weeks later...

I recently stumbled on this burger cart right on the corner of Soi Diana and Soi Buakhao across from Subway.  I am also from So California and I was very pleasantly surprised how good these burgers taste.  They may not be the best, but it came close to reminding me of home.  I felt what really did the trick was a nice topping of grilled onions they put on each burger.

A Double Jay all the way from Jay Burgers on Sunset Strip....that would be nice to find here!

This suggestion is from WAAAAAY outta left field....

Very pricey and the burger is pretty small, but the burger I just had at The Edge restaurant in the Hilton was excellent!

Downside:

- as noted, kinda small

- 450 baht + service fees, so total runs you 530 baht

Now you're saying "Footy, don't you know the penalties for doing drugs in Thailand?  LAY OFF THE CRACK PIPE, MY BROTHER!"

But....here are the pros:

- these are cooked to order burgers over an open flame grill AT THEIR LUNCH BUFFET on Wednesdays!  All you can eat....so come hungry!

- The Grill gives it that classic "Memorial Day/4th of July" taste -- I thought I was in a friend's backyard

- beyond that, the rest of the lunch buffet was off-the-charts -- incredible desserts, potato wedges that were perfect; excellent fried rice and noodle dishes; sushi, shrimp ad crab; pastas; assorted other sandwiches, breads, salads, etc....I didn't try the hot dogs, because I was too busy shoveling Thai food and desserts (yes, plural) down my throat, but they looked damn good, too!

By any stretch of the imagination 530 baht is VERY pricey for lunch, especially for burgers and hot dogs, but this is a great place to experience once in a while (not every week!).  As pricey as it was, given the gluttony that I demonstrated, I more than got my money's worth!

Finally, as noted above, the burgers are only here on Wednesday -- they have different specials other days of the week (so maybe the "play" is to grab a cheap burger somewhere else and splurge for the buffet when it is something a little nicer...although the burger was REALLY tasty!)

This suggestion is from WAAAAAY outta left field....

Very pricey and the burger is pretty small, but the burger I just had at The Edge restaurant in the Hilton was excellent!

Downside:

- as noted, kinda small

- 450 baht + service fees, so total runs you 530 baht

Now you're saying "Footy, don't you know the penalties for doing drugs in Thailand?  LAY OFF THE CRACK PIPE, MY BROTHER!"

But....here are the pros:

- these are cooked to order burgers over an open flame grill AT THEIR LUNCH BUFFET on Wednesdays!  All you can eat....so come hungry!

- the grill gives it that classic "Memorial Day/4th of July" taste -- I thought I was in a friend's backyard

- beyond that, the rest of the lunch buffet was off-the-charts -- incredible desserts, potato wedges that were perfect; excellent fried rice and noodle dishes; sushi, shrimp ad crab; pastas; assorted other sandwiches, breads, salads, etc....I didn't try the hot dogs, because I was too busy shoveling Thai food and desserts (yes, plural) down my throat, but they looked damn good, too!

By any stretch of the imagination 530 baht is VERY pricey for lunch, especially for burgers and hot dogs, but this is a great place to experience once in a while (not every week!).  As pricey as it was, given the gluttony that I demonstrated, I more than got my money's worth!

Finally, as noted above, the burgers are only here on Wednesday -- they have different specials other days of the week (so maybe the "play" is to grab a cheap burger somewhere else and splurge for the buffet when it is something a little nicer...although the burger was REALLY tasty!)

An all you can eat with great burgers and dogs plus other stuff mentioned for 530 total is not bad if the quality is also good!

I think the Walkabout place might be closed. Have looked for it but no luck.

As the man says. was certainly open a few weeks ago. junction of third road and Pattaya tai

There are only 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't !!!

• 3 weeks later...

Danish Hamburger, next to walking street. They makje the best burgers, in all of the land!

Your taste buds have been burnt out with all the crack you have smoked

After reading page two of this thread I am off out now "right now!" to get me a Gary burger!!!! 

Posted Image

Best burger I had was Oz Burger but not the burger.It was slices of beef mixed with gravy & put in the bun.Good drunk food & you can sit behind in that cheap bar where you take beers from the fridge.Thought Carl Jr was just a typical standard American burger,OK but I wouldn't rave about it.Best chain type burger in London is Byrons,Tasty taste.

Really depends what you order at Carls.  The menu appears to be different than the US but I have not been here for a few months so perhaps it has changed.  When I went they had a very limited selection of what they call in the US their "six dollar burger" which are excellent.  I went for the Portofino Mushroom burger here which was pretty well identical to one of the six dollar burgers and it was excellent. 

Had the Oz burger and it was pretty nice although I was quite drunk at the time, tried the Angus burger at the Coffee club in Royal Garden plaza with wedges and it was just lovely, one of the nicest burgers I've ever had.

After reading page two of this thread I am off out now "right now!" to get me a Gary burger!!!! 

as with all plans in Pattaya, that plan went tits up!!, even though I did pass it! .....tomorrow jumpman, tomorrow!!

Posted Image

+1 for the burger buffet at Hilton.  Pricey for a burger, but you choose how you want the burger and how you want the meat cooked.  The buffet is only on Wednesdays for lunch.

I have also had the Marriott burger (as part of room service) and thought it was also not bad, but so far nothing matches the burgers from Snadder Kiosk in Norway.

Is Walkabout Creek Pub still open?  Good to know it is possible to get a burger with beetroot in Pats.

Archived