Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

August Suites

bristol

I just recently booked a room for the first half of August. August Suites responded to my emails very quick and the entire process was very easy. I'm definitely looking forward to my stay :GoldenSmile1: I will be sure to take some pictures and post a full review after my trip :D

Someday, somebody will ski that

Just got an offer for a superior room with pool view 1500THB/night/no breakfast in September and I'll take it. They seem to require credit card details when confirming the reservation. Do you think it's safe to give it out? Last year, it was not necessary.

Life is too short to be small!

hey mate if i was you i would go to my bank and get one of those pre paid credit cards where you just put the amount you need on it not to say that you would have any hassles but i would rather be safe than sorry

Thanks for the tip. I had no idea those kind of cards even existed. I'm gonna ask for it from my bank.

Just got an offer for a superior room with pool view 1500THB/night/no breakfast in September and I'll take it. They seem to require credit card details when confirming the reservation. Do you think it's safe to give it out? Last year, it was not necessary.

They asked me for the same and I sent them my Credit Card details in two parts

in two separate emails which is safer and not a problem for them.

How many nights are you staying for?

i would just like to know what you guys thought about the bed was it rock hard like alot of mattresses seem to be in pattaya or was it soft and comfy and gives you just that right amount of bounce for the boom boom sessions

:D

dont know about the bounce mate :Whistle: , but the beds are super comfortable :Chokdee:

it. They seem to require credit card details when confirming the reservation. Do you think it's safe to give it out? Last year, it was not necessary.

they have mine for a year now, id trust them...top hotel :Agree1:

Edited by fostraswift

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

They asked me for the same and I sent them my Credit Card details in two parts

in two separate emails which is safer and not a problem for them.

How many nights are you staying for?

15 nights total. I refused to give my credit card details so I was told they cannot give official confirmation to my reservation but they promised to keep my reservation saved into their database and I could confirm my arrival max. 7 days before check-in which was fine by me. No worries because I think there will surely be vacancies in the middle of low-season...

Thanks for the tip. I had no idea those kind of cards even existed. I'm gonna ask for it from my bank.

I wasn't asked for my credit card details and I emailed them back asking if they want them.

They replied back saying no as I was a repeat customer, it was generally a rule for new bookings. Perhaps email them telling them when you stayed before and they will probably wave the requirement owing to the security risk.

Just a thought.

I wasn't asked for my credit card details and I emailed them back asking if they want them.

They replied back saying no as I was a repeat customer, it was generally a rule for new bookings. Perhaps email them telling them when you stayed before and they will probably wave the requirement owing to the security risk.

Just a thought.

Actually I told them in my e-mail that I was staying there a few months ago and I'm interested staying there again but maybe they missed that part or something. Anyway, I don't see it very probable the hotel will be fully booked in September or what do you reckon?

By to way, do you know any good place to have breakfast near the hotel?

Actually I told them in my e-mail that I was staying there a few months ago and I'm interested staying there again but maybe they missed that part or something. Anyway, I don't see it very probable the hotel will be fully booked in September or what do you reckon?

By to way, do you know any good place to have breakfast near the hotel?

Are you after Thai or Western food?

Are you after Thai or Western food?

Western for me as I'm an ignorant bastard ;) But seriously, I prefer western since it tends to content more protein compared to thai food.

hmmm.....central plaza food court is just around the corner on Beach Rd 2 and Im not sure if Soi 6 does the UK breakfast or not, but Im sure I saw a few that looks like they did.

If your looking for good Thai food, try Leng Kee restaurant. Its on the other side of the road from August Suites on the corner about 2-3 blocks up (in the opposite direction of the main crossroads).

If you after fantastic noodle soup or mango and sticky cocount rice, the Thai food market right next to August Suites is your place. Loads of Thais eat there and you can see quite amusing sites of p4p girls getting back after the night before having some grub before they go to bed till start of play again at night time :GoldenSmile1:

Also, in this food market place, is the best sweet Thai coffee. Great kick start to the day.

Thanks for the advice mate. I think I'll check all of those in question next time. However, for a big guy like me, aircon is a must because otherwise, I'll sweat like a pig and that's not the way I like to start the day

Leng Kee Restaurant has a aircon section inside and from memory its an extra 15 b per person to sit in there.

• 2 weeks later...

I have emailed them at [email protected] and did not get any response for 2 weeks. Just emailed them again.

Anyone has another email that I could use?

This is the only area of the hotel that isn't always tip-top. Keep on at them as this is the only email address you can contact them on. Failing that, give them a call, but whatever is agreed on the phone, confirm it with an email and they will send back a confirmation order form.

They came back to me with the following offer for June -

-1,300 THB/night/no breakfast for a Superior room City side on the 2nd floor.

-1,400 THB/night/no breakfast for a Superior room City side on the 3rd -5th floor.

-1,500 THB/night/no breakfast for a Superior room Pool side (not directly see the pool) on the 3rd -5th floor.

What do you guys suggest - looks like a good bargain to me? Is there any advantage of being on the higher floors (city side) compared to the 2nd floor?

This is an amazing hotel. I stayed there for two weeks in May of this year, my first trip, and it was awesome. Beautiful hotel, very easy to get to location, corner of 2nd and Central rd. If you're a walker, maybe 20-25min walk from walking st. 5 min walk to the beach. very easy with the baht bus routes. Unbelievable staff, so friendly, always smiling, very helpful. Cleaning staff was awesome, lots of fun. I really cannot say enough good about this place. I have never stayed anywhere else in Patts, but speaking to other mongers around the pool they said its their favorite and they've been coming here for years. I would stay again in a heartbeat, except maybe next trip I might try to save money with a little bit cheaper place. In case you're interested, the guys who said August Suites is their favorite, also said Tim boutique was just as good and even better location, but it was under construction on this trip. Hope this helps

Call me old fashioned, but I believe in having sex with a girl at least three times before I'll buy her dinner.

Regarding the higher floors, I'm not really sure. I was on the 3rd floor, my brother was on the 5th. There's 7 floors. We had "pool view" rooms, which if you stood on the railing of the balcony risking death or severe injury, you could actually see the pool. If I were to stay there again, I wouldn't bother with the pool view.

Call me old fashioned, but I believe in having sex with a girl at least three times before I'll buy her dinner.

Any feedback on the internet connectivity at this hotel?

1. They have wireless broadband in public areas - which i understand is free.

2. They have broadband in the rooms - is that free as well or, if not, what are the charges?

They have computers in the lobby which are free to use, and they give you codes so you can use the wifi free in your room. The internet was reliable, but not amazingly fast. My brother tried to upload pics and found that too slow, but they were huge pics and not resized so if you're just concerned about surfing, you'll have no trouble. I'm not sure about direct connection to internet, I never noticed, I just hooked into the wifi with my laptop.

Thanks mate.... that sounds great to me...

I think I am gonna go ahead and book it....

Cheers

You will not be sorry! Food was great, very clean and stylish rooms, awesome staff. There's a small fruit market right outside the hotel if you like fruit for breaky. And there's some good breakfast places if you head east on central rd, i forget the names but they're open air places. Lots of banks, and the topps supermarket is right nearby which is awesome for groceries, bathroom supplies (i recommend the lux bodywashes, smell great and the girls love them), and on the second level there's a good place to play pool in aircon for cheap, 80b an hour i think, and a bowling alley. The beach is 5 mins away and its very easy to get around with the bahtbus routes. Have fun!

They came back to me with the following offer for June -

-1,300 THB/night/no breakfast for a Superior room City side on the 2nd floor.

-1,400 THB/night/no breakfast for a Superior room City side on the 3rd -5th floor.

-1,500 THB/night/no breakfast for a Superior room Pool side (not directly see the pool) on the 3rd -5th floor.

What do you guys suggest - looks like a good bargain to me? Is there any advantage of being on the higher floors (city side) compared to the 2nd floor?

I wouldn't worry about the view or the height at all. The only thing I would say is if you like to get cheeky with your guest on the balcony, I would go pool side. Apart from that, I would just go for whatever is cheapest.

This hotel is only a year old. I stayed when it just opened and stayed there again in March 2010. It is wearing well and still feels fresh.

You won't be disappointed.