IGNORED

August Suites

bristol

Thanks mate.

So would u say the view on the pool side is worth the extra money?

If you were to get a room that was directly over the pool, then I would say it is more aesthetically pleasing to sit and relax. However, some of the pool side rooms don't actually have a pool view. The hotel is quite long and you could end up looking over a car park type thing, but you can still see the pool if you look far enough over.

The other side is just like looking over at other buildings that consist of guest-house type building and some low roofed area. Its not overlooking you at all, you overlook it, so 'city view' is still fairly private.

If you like balcony sex, then I would suggest pool side is best.

Would I pay more for the pool side, then I would say no. Its not a deal breaker for me.

Sorry that its not a more definitive answer. Perhaps its best to ask on your arrival to see both sides and make your decision then?

Cheers

If you were to get a room that was directly over the pool, then I would say it is more aesthetically pleasing to sit and relax. However, some of the pool side rooms don't actually have a pool view. The hotel is quite long and you could end up looking over a car park type thing, but you can still see the pool if you look far enough over.

The other side is just like looking over at other buildings that consist of guest-house type building and some low roofed area. Its not overlooking you at all, you overlook it, so 'city view' is still fairly private.

If you like balcony sex, then I would suggest pool side is best.

Would I pay more for the pool side, then I would say no. Its not a deal breaker for me.

Sorry that its not a more definitive answer. Perhaps its best to ask on your arrival to see both sides and make your decision then?

Cheers

Cheers mate.. very helpful.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got this email regarding the last two weeks of November. Is it a good deal??

Dear Mr. XXXXXXX,

Thank you for your e-mail.

We can offer you 1,400 THB/night/ no breakfast for the booking of 2

weeks.

For this rate you will get Superior room city side and have to pay

the total

amount of room charge when you check in.

If you would like to make a reservation, please confirm and give us

your

name, address, and telephone no.

Then we will send you a confirmation letter which you have to fill

in your

credit card details (to confirm your booking only, no any charge)

and send

it back to us through e-mail or fax no. +66 38 416 466.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

August Suites

I just got this email regarding the last two weeks of November. Is it a good deal??

Dear Mr. XXXXXXX,

weeks.

the total

your

in your

and send

Best Regards,

August Suites

Looks good rate but u better check for that price u are getting a double room and not a twin.

Dear Mr. XXXXXXX,

weeks.

the total

your

in your

and send

Best Regards,

August Suites

This is a very good rate, they've offered me a city side superior for 1650 baht! This is for the end of November too. I only want 7 nights so I'm not sure if that makes any difference?? I've offered them 1500 baht and I'll reserve straightaway, I'm waiting for a reply..

I've noticed some of the lads are saying they got them down, what crack did you give them to get them down in price??

Edited by RH73

They've got back to me double quick and offered me 1500 baht for city side and 1600 baht poolside, seems like they give a very good service, they've got my vote!

Thanks. I double checked and I am getting a double bed :)

Dear Augustsuites,

I am staying in Pattaya again for 2 weeks from 16-30 November. I

enjoyed last time I stayed here. I need a Superior Room with NO

breakfast for a maximum of 1400 a night.

Regards,

XXXXXXXX

I tried bluffing and saying i'd stayed before but I don't think it made a difference. I've heard of people paying 1130 baht over a month (august) and 1300 poolside + breakfast for 2 weeks (october)!! They were both regulars though.

Maybe I should have asked for 1200/1300 or poolside for 1400...

Either way 1500 is still sweet value from what I've read. See you there! :GoldenSmile1:

BC

I only paid 1,400 (1 week for November stay) for a huge double room (city view) with a free breafast for two. No need credit card payment but have to pay 1,400 X 7 + 2,000 (deposit, refundable). I understand that the occupancy now is only 45%.

i just stayed here for 11 nights in superior city side. 1450bht no breakfast.

good hotel. massive bed.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

To those that have stayed before, do you recommend breakfast at the hotel, or elsewhere?

I'll be doing Muay Thai training, so the thought of coming back and re-fueling with a big breakfast at 10am sounds pretty good. I'm just not sure if I'd end up eating there or across the road somewhere.

Cheers.

I stayed there in November and I think they are doing almost everything very fine. Only excemption is the food - I would not eat there again. Beds extremely large and comfortable. Very high standard and good location, but still quite day and night. I paid 1800 for pool side, no breakfast.

I ordered and paid their "Taxi Meter" back to the airport for 900. Turned out not to be a meter taxi but brandnew Toyota Vios and good driver. I guess meter taxis where out. :)

Another question sorry - does anyone know if they have True Visions/UBC cable tv, or not?

http://www.truevisionstv.com/home.aspx

Last time I was in Thailand, I stayed in a place for a month that had "international tv" which turned out to be only BBC, CNN, Aussie ABC and not much more than that other than about 30 Asian channels. Drove me crazy.

If noone knows, I'll ask the hotel directly.

Yeah the channels were the basic 6 or so Thai channels, a coupe of BBC, CNN, MTV and Discovery channels.

they have just emailed me & have quoted me 1600 baht for a room street side & 1700 baht for a pool view room in January 2010.

Any help or advice guys ?????

:001_Thank_You5:

they have just emailed me & have quoted me 1600 baht for a room street side & 1700 baht for a pool view room in January 2010.

:)

Try and knock 100 bht off price.. can only ask.

Great hotel & quality rooms for the money.

Super location & a nice pool for some lazy days & sun rays.

What other hotels could I get for 1600 baht in January 2010 ????

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone use the in room internet ?

Was thinking of bringing my laptop this trip but will not bother if the not is slow.

Cheers Gary

Did anyone use the in room internet ?

Was thinking of bringing my laptop this trip but will not bother if the not is slow.

Cheers Gary

Yes, i used their Wifi internet connection everyday. Good connection, no problems.

Check whether this includes breakfast and take it from there...if it doesn't (and you're not bothered) try and get it for 100 Baht less.

After cancelling my November trip through illness, I'm still interested in booking August Suites as it gets good reviews. However, trying to get a sensible quote by email is quite an ordeal. Internet rate is 1800 THB (with breakfast) and the early booking should see a City side room for a maximum of 1620 THB. Guess what...I've just been emailed with an offer of 1850 if I want breakfast ! This isn't very inspiring and I'm beginning to have my doubts about the place. Shame...

I got 35 nights for 42000 Baht which is 1200 a night city side no breakfast 19th Jan till 22nd of Feb.

Cannot wait

I got 35 nights for 42000 Baht which is 1200 a night city side no breakfast 19th Jan till 22nd of Feb.

Cannot wait

I think it's a good price for this period.

p.s what email did you use? i've write 4 days ago and I have not received answer yet

Edited by Fabio1985

I think it's a good price for this period.

p.s what email did you use? i've write 4 days ago and I have not received answer yet

The short answer is phone them. They are very easy to deal with and have pretty good English skills.

I've just come back from 10 days at August Suites and I can't praise the place enough. The staff are very friendly and the room's are modern and clean. I paid 2000 baht a night (incl breakfast) but that was high season rates. As the weeks go by, that'll come down, I'm sure. I also received (an unrequested) upgrade to a pool view room while I was there. I've stayed there before so maybe that helped (and I started this thread!)

He shoots...he scores!