IGNORED

August Suites

bristol

As a fairly regular visitor to Pattaya (3-4 times a year) I’ve tried a few hotels, but have always felt most at home on Soi 13 and in particular in Sandy Spring. However, I’ve recently felt that SS is looking a bit ‘tired’ and therefore for my latest trip (7-12 June) I booked a Superior, Pool Side room at the August Suites at a cost of around 1650bht per night. This includes one overnight guest. Additional 'friends' are 500 baht each.

Location (8 out of 10)

For those that don’t know August Suites, this is a new hotel set back from Pattaya Klang. It’s 100m from the junction with Second Road and a 3 minute walk from the end of Soi Bakaou. Soi’s 7 & 8 are less than a 5 minute walk. Soi 6 is 10+ minutes, but save your energy (you’ll need it) and get a baht bus! I was a little sceptical about the location as Pattaya Klang is a very busy road, but the hotel is set back from the main road at the dead end of a mini Soi. The result is a quiet oasis with no traffic noise at all.

Room (9 out of 10)

The hotel is about 4 months old, so everything is new and modern. The room’s are large with a comfortable king size bed and a mattress that isn’t the usual brick structure favoured in Thai hotels! There’s a good size (empty) fridge, although 2 bottles of water are provided free per day. Storage is good – better than Sandy Spring and the in-room safe could handle a mid size laptop. The flat screen TV gets the usual mix of Thai & Falang channels, whilst the bathroom has a large shower cubicle (no bath) with good pressure and room for 3! The balcony may overlook the pool, but that’ll depend on your room. The pool itself is set to the extreme left of the hotel, so I had a more direct view of some empty land. Personally that wasn’t a problem for me, but you won’t be getting the sea views that Sandy Spring offers in it’s similar rooms. In terms of noise, the rooms are quiet. I didn’t hear any other guests and no external bar or traffic noise. If you like some peace & quiet, this is the place for you!

Facilities (8 out of 10)

There is a beautiful pool to use, with inbuilt jacuzzi and free coconut juice available from the pool bar. They also have a fitness room, which was being kitted out at the time of my visit. A snooker / pool room was also being made available. Internet (with fee) is available in the room, with a free wireless connection in the large downstairs foyer. I didn’t pay for breakfast, but that’s available in the foyer restaurant for those that do.

Staff (10 out of 10)

I cannot praise the staff enough. They were so polite and helpful it wasn’t true, even to the point of collectively standing up every time I stepped into the hotel. The daytime manager is Paul, who speaks excellent English and went out of his way to help. As an example, he offered to use his own personal mobile phone to SMS a Thai friend I had trouble contacting and then get back to me with the reply! On my departure, I needed to grab a quick meal before the taxi arrived and they rustled up some great Thai food and then refused payment! To top it off, when I then got into the taxi, the reception staff all left the hotel to wave me off.

Finances (6 out of 10)

The team at the August Suites are rightly very proud of their new hotel and want it to stay in A1 condition. As a result, they are keen to make you aware of the financial consequences of any damage. This means asking you to sign a declaration when you check in to the hotel to pay for any damage you cause. They also take a 2000 baht deposit at that time, which is refunded on departure. You should also note that they require full payment at the time of check-in & levy a 3% surcharge for Credit Card payment. Personally I’m not a fan of paying upfront, but to be fair, all of their communication prior to staying was totally transparent on their approach and it was my choice to go ahead. I know that for some people this could be a deal breaker, but having stayed at the August Suites I’d have no hesitation in paying up front again because I’m confident the experience will be first class again.

Summary (8.5 out of 10)

This is a lovely hotel, with excellent staff in a central location. In the current low season you should be able to negotiate a reasonable deal, but I’m confident that in high season you’ll be lucky to secure a room at short notice. Book now for Christmas boys! Would I recommend it? Absolutely! If you’re a fan of Sandy Spring or say Sabai Resort, then this is a great alternative.

http://www.agoda.com...es_pattaya.html

August_Suites_4.jpg

August_Suites_1.jpg

August_Suites_2.jpg

August_Suites_3.jpg

He shoots...he scores!

I would give the location 9/10, I can't think of a better place to stay if you are using sorngthaews to get about.

I stayed there in April and can't fault it.

I know what you are saying about the staff. Could not be more sincerely nice.

As for the price, they will accept 1500 baht per night. Im still in touch with them (I get the odd email from the reception staff) and they say that the price is still the same. They sometimes say its more for swimming pool side, but they easily step down from that and give you the same price.

I stayed there in April and can't fault it.

I know what you are saying about the staff. Could not be more sincerely nice.

As for the price, they will accept 1500 baht per night. Im still in touch with them (I get the odd email from the reception staff) and they say that the price is still the same. They sometimes say its more for swimming pool side, but they easily step down from that and give you the same price.

Do you have the contact details of their email so i can email them directly about a booking?

Thanks in Advance.

The place looks great

Thanks

:MonkeyFight:

bLUE

Do you have the contact details of their email so i can email them directly about a booking?

Thanks in Advance.

The place looks great

Thanks

:MonkeyFight:

bLUE

According to their web site:

Tel: 038 420 003-4

Mobible: 086 111 3132

Email: [email protected]

"Eat Pattaya Salmon! It's the other Pink meat!"

{{{...Then Bone it, like you Own it...}}}

Does anyone know about internet access and rates?

"Eat Pattaya Salmon! It's the other Pink meat!"

{{{...Then Bone it, like you Own it...}}}

Does anyone know about internet access and rates?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

# In-room broadband Internet access

# Public area Wi-Fi Internet access

Rates ?

Edited by TinTin

I see it has a 500 baht joiner fee !

For a second guest.

He shoots...he scores!

Got a quote of 38000 for 19th jan till 17th feb 30 nights ?

That seems good, I'm going to ask for a monthly rate as well.

What is included in the way of room cleaning ect? I wouldn't expect breakfast for that price.

Thanks for the info

This is the reply I got back from the hotel

The rates for a Superior/Deluxe room, 1 person, no breakfast, 30

nights(19th Jan-17th Feb 2010), are 38,000THB, 42,000THB, 45,000THB.

-38,000THB for a Superior double-bed city-side room(fl.3-5)

-42,000THB for a Superior double-bed pool-side room(fl.3-5)

-45,000THB for a Deluxe double-bed pool-side room(fl.6-7)

This is the reply I got back from the hotel

The rates for a Superior/Deluxe room, 1 person, no breakfast, 30

nights(19th Jan-17th Feb 2010), are 38,000THB, 42,000THB, 45,000THB.

-38,000THB for a Superior double-bed city-side room(fl.3-5)

-42,000THB for a Superior double-bed pool-side room(fl.3-5)

-45,000THB for a Deluxe double-bed pool-side room(fl.6-7)

They tried initially with me to put an extra charge for swimming pool side, but when I called them (they speak great English), I explained that I would like to stay on the swimming pool view side, but didn't want to pay the extra money. They were very friendly and within a couple of minutes, they will give you swimming pool view for the lower rate.

Dont get me wrong, the town side isn't grotty or anything, but the pool side is developed and nicer view to look out to.

I didn't use the room internet, but used their laptop in the reception a few times. Its free of charge. No web cam if you are skype-ing people. There is a really modern internet cafe around the corner (to the left as you walk out the alley) which has webcams for skype.

Also, which is FABULOUS (and a good place to meet Thais) is the food market/eating area. Its very very basic, but authentic Thai eating. Loads of local Thais and girlies go to eat here. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND THE MANGO AND STICKY RICE :MonkeyFight:

You walk out the August Suites alley, turn left and just before you get to the end of the block, look left and walk into the communal sitting area. There are about 10 different stalls for whatever food you want (and lovely and strong Thai coffee with sweet milk).

This is the Pattaya Photo Guide of its location. You have to walk through the street stalls to get into the food market:

http://www.pattayaphotoguide.com/?QQxRU4iskcfA8CAA

If you are wanting really good food and a nicer place to sit, chill and watch the world go buy, I highly recommend this place....

http://www.pattayaphotoguide.com/?eLxRUmuskcfD8CAA

Its two blocks up from the food market on the other side of the road.

BTW, the email address that was previously stated is the one that I use when contacting them. Its the generic [email protected]

You will really enjoy staying here.

Thanks for the review this place looks good, will check it out on my next trip.

She Loves Me I Love United That's Life !!!

Man UTD Isn't Just A Team, Its A RELIGION !

You can be my Wife but only for Tonight !

Thanks for the quality of posts here, very helpful and much appreciated

:ThumbDown1: .

got this info about July and August.......

Thank you for contacting us.

The rates for July and August 2009,

Weekly rates: - 9,800 THB for 7 nights for a Superior pool-side room, no breakfast.

- 9,100 THB for 7 nights for a Superior city-side room, no breakfast.

Monthly rates: - 39,000 THB for 1 month for a Superior pool-side room, no breakfast.

- 35,000 THB for 1 month for a Superior city-side room, no breakfast.

If you have any query, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Best Regards,

August Suites

too expensive for the average prices in Pattaya.

ElCubanito's Diary Volume 1Trip Report Archives PART 1 - 22.NEW NUMBER! Coming soon! Pattaya May 25 - December 2010. 6 months Biatch!!! Lb hunting, Foursomes, MMF, Soi 6 Crawls.....lets do it!

Great write-up. I did a simlialr write up a few months back.

I stayed here back in April and like you stated, Mr. Paul and the entire staff

was very helpful and could not do enough to make my stay more enjoyable.

I highly reccommend August Suites also.

For a second guest.

probably asking the bloody obvious..

So one guest is free but a threesome costs ya?

ya a threesome normally they charge 500 for the 2nd bird

but also this you can talk to them and bargain in advance.....

cu

mike

How prevalent is this CRAP charging 500p for a 3rd "joiner fee"

Pattaya Bay Resort has that policy and I cancelled a booking because of it

Others ?

Nice review, it helped me to make up my mind, thanks mate! I'll be staying at August Suites on my next trip.

Life is too short to be small!