IGNORED

August Suites

bristol

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

# In-room broadband Internet access

# Public area Wi-Fi Internet access

Rates ?

Its free.But the speed is not so good. But its ok for checking mails and regular browsing.

Edited by strong02

BoomBoom

<center><embed src="http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/show.swf?clickURL=http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/&clickLABEL=Time to go back&flashLABEL=Vacation End&skin=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/skins/30.jpg&text=%20Back to Cage%21%21&untilColor=6724095&textColor=0&datesColor=0&year=2010&month=4&day=09&hour=12&minute=00&second=0&x=6&y=77" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="300" height="200" name="countdown" align="middle" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /><br><small><a href="">Dragon gets back into the cage</a></small></center>

But when comparing with August Suites please note that the pool of Citin Loft seems to be inside the building in the basement, so no sun at all:

gallery_pic_36.jpg

The pool is not in the basement or even inside for that matter. This photo was taken at night which gives it the effect of being an indoor pool. The fact is that it is an outdoor pool however as you can see the pool has a ceiling over it blocking the sun but there is sunbathing in lounge chairs close by.

Thanks for all the research and pics, this hotel is on the top of my short list. Think I'm going in December and will have to see how high the prices are for that month. Any one get a quote for Dec 1 thru 23 ?

Just been offered 42000 baht for 35 nights jan19th till Feb 22nd 2010 for Superior double-bed room, 3rd floor, city side, 35 nights, no breakfast.

So I am torn between August Suites and Citin Loft ???

Yes and they provide towels and a free mini fruit plate for your enjoyment!

Having finally got a slightly better quote for November, I'm on the verge of booking. A final (daft) question for one who has used the place - does the pool get good sun ? I'm assuming that by the location, the main building blocks afternoon sun ?

Im not sure if you are talking about August Suites or Citin as this thread is discussing both not. For Aug Suites, you will get good sun till the final half hour of sun-down. What rate did you get? (I appreciate they can come up with the classic line "Please don't advertise we give you this rate" if its a very good one ! :D)

Edited by luvyoulongtime

Having finally got a slightly better quote for November, I'm on the verge of booking. A final (daft) question for one who has used the place - does the pool get good sun ? I'm assuming that by the location, the main building blocks afternoon sun ?

All depends on money citin is very good value to be honest paid £15 a night but like past posts location isnt the best i believe, so not easy choice,staying at citin for a few days and will post review when i come back

You will get good sun till the final half hour of sun-down. What rate did you get? (I appreciate they can come up with the classic line "Please don't advertise we give you this rate" if its a very good one ! :D)

During my negotiations with them they 'moved the goalposts', stating that internet rates were only valid until the end of October - the website now reflects that. Pool side offered with breakfast for 1775 THB and City side for 1600 THB. Not exactly stunning, but a saving none the less. In comparison PBR, with the added tax in High Season, will be about 1500 THB for a standard and I've stayed there - it's a nice place, but noise issues ! I'm just waiting for a few other places to reply and will make a decision in a couple of days.

The OP referenced the Sandy Spring in his glowing review of the August Suites. The photos of August look great but I'll stay at the Sandy Spring for several reasons. Sandy Spring has a better location and is cheaper and it has great sea views. Sandy Spring also has its air conditioners out the back on the hallway. I see the August has air conditioners on the balcony which means you either turn off the air when on the balcony (and let the room heat up) or sit close to a noisy machine making an irritating noise.

Slacker,

Please post your final offers and decision as this thread represents the price range and type of hotel I and others are interested in.

Ive just come back from staying 5 weeks at this hotel and this one is bar far the best hotel i have stayed in pattaya for the price. I paid 1200bt per night for a poolside view room on the 6th floor. The whole hotel is new and crisp and the rooms are good. All the staff there were very friendly and spoke good english, i had most of the female staff making coments at me saying i was handsome and looked good with sunglasses on etc etc. The hotel is set away from the road so there was no "bar" noise although i thought the cleaners banged about a bit early and they kept ringing my phone asking if they could clean the room even after i told them not to ring me. Anyways, had a good stay. A couple of girls i took bled on me and the price for the sheets is 500bt to clean the bed sheets and if its bled onto the sheet underneath thats another 300bt or something. its quite embarrasing getting a bill from reception with (blood) written on it and on my last day i was in reception and they brought down another set of dodgy sheets which was quite raw. oh well, they still smiled and didnt care. also all night alcohol and food delivery to the room, i was signing my check bin with a set of cock and balls and the girls laughed there head off.

"I Go With U"

Ipaybar4u,

Thanks for your report, I think you have made up my mind to book this hotel if I can get a good price for december

PB

During my negotiations with them they 'moved the goalposts', stating that internet rates were only valid until the end of October - the website now reflects that. Pool side offered with breakfast for 1775 THB and City side for 1600 THB. Not exactly stunning, but a saving none the less. In comparison PBR, with the added tax in High Season, will be about 1500 THB for a standard and I've stayed there - it's a nice place, but noise issues ! I'm just waiting for a few other places to reply and will make a decision in a couple of days.

Slacker, I'm thinking about staying at PBR, can you please tell me what type of "noise issues" you experienced? Thanks.

Slacker,

Please post your final offers and decision as this thread represents the price range and type of hotel I and others are interested in.

The prices I quoted (post #85) appear to be their final offer...the website has also been altered to show 'internet rates until 31st October'. I don't think that they're going to budge on this one. I've been checking a few possible alternatives, but they are all very close on price. I guess better rates can probably be achieved either without breakfast or for 1 month plus - I'd be interested to see if anyone else gets a better quote before I commit.

Edited by Slacker

i just booked for 11 nights at the end october/start november. after few emails got it for 1450thb. no deposit has to be sent, but full payment on check-in.

What i liked about them is that once the price is confirmed, they just emailed you the hotel voucher. You do not need give them your credit card details or stuff like that. Meaning, they will confirm your bookings without you having to pay anything. You just need to pay when you arrived.

What i did was i paid for 2 nights upon arrival and asked for an option to extend to another 2 nights. I ended up staying the whole 4 nights here and enjoyed myself tremendously. What a great hotel and great service. Also, they have a notebook in the lobby for FREE internet access.

Just booked them for my upcoming trip in October. Managed to get a superior pool view for 1400 Baht a night. As others have stated full payment plus a 2000 Baht deposit is due at check in. They do assess a 3% surcharge if you use a credit card. Looks like a great hotel. Oh yeah, they confirmed that there is no joiner fee for the first guest.

Edited by allwet

Just booked them for my upcoming trip in October. Managed to get a superior pool view for 1400 Baht a night. As others have stated full payment plus a 2000 Baht deposit is due at check in. They do assess a 3% surcharge if you use a credit card. Looks like a great hotel. Oh yeah, they confirmed that there is no joiner fee for the first guest.

I thought the credit card surcharge was a scam and not legal when applied to hotel accomodation ?

I thought the credit card surcharge was a scam and not legal when applied to hotel accomodation ?

Yes it absolutely is. I paid by credit card this year at August Suites and there was no mention of suggestion of a credit card fee. Worth checking your bill before you pay though if they are mentioning it in correspondence.

They mentioned this surcharge twice in my correspondence with them. The first is in the body of the email and the second is in the actual voucher that they email to you upon confirmation. The good news is that they don't require an advance deposit to guarantee the room. I'm not too concerned because I plan on paying in cash. I try to avoid using credit cards in Thailand at all costs.

That is a great bargain you got there, 1400B! How many nights did you booked for?

That is a great bargain you got there, 1400B! How many nights did you booked for?

I booked for only 7 nights. The lower price can probably be attributed to the fact that I'm booked for October (technically low season) and the relatively weak tourism market in Pattaya right now. The rates they have posted on their webpage are not set in stone. Just email them and ask if they have any special rates.