IGNORED

August Suites

bristol

How prevalent is this CRAP charging 500p for a 3rd "joiner fee"

Pattaya Bay Resort has that policy and I cancelled a booking because of it

Others ?

I would say, from the variety of hotels that I have stayed in, will charge for the third person being in the room.

The exceptions are Citi Chic (Bangkok) and Malaysia hotel (Bangkok).

All the ones I've stayed in Pattaya were free for the first guest, joiner for the second guest.

I refuse to stay in a hotel that charges for the first guest. If Im having a 3some/moresome, Im in a flamboyant mood so I don't get toooo upset about the 3rd/4th guest joiner fee

Nice review, it helped me to make up my mind, thanks mate! I'll be staying at August Suites on my next trip.

Great choice, I 100% guarantee you won't be disappointed.

One thing to be aware is that guests are not permitted to use the swimming pool, unless they pay 200 baht. The hotel is that quiet that I'd be surprised if this was enforced, but it's just in case they mention it with your Longtime sweetheart.

The other thing, if you have a swimming pool view, make sure you lock your balcony doors. If you look from the outside of the building, the design of the wooden slats effect going up the building is basically a set of ladders for any would-be thief to access all areas if they so wished. That said, I have not heard that there has been any trouble in that way. Just a heads up really.

You can see the brown wood here (pic taken from the OP) :

post_7415_1245227610.jpg

Nice hotel & a great pool.

My mate said in low season it can be had for 1300 Baht per night.

Great standard for £24.

I have stayed in this hotel for couple of times during low season.

I paid around 1500bhat per night, including breakfast.

For guest, you need to pay for the breakfast eventhough you have booked a double room.

Room is excellent and staffs are friendly.

Attached pic of the city from the room(snapped on a rainy day)

IMG_0090_1_.JPG

BoomBoom

<center><embed src="http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/show.swf?clickURL=http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/&clickLABEL=Time to go back&flashLABEL=Vacation End&skin=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/skins/30.jpg&text=%20Back to Cage%21%21&untilColor=6724095&textColor=0&datesColor=0&year=2010&month=4&day=09&hour=12&minute=00&second=0&x=6&y=77" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="300" height="200" name="countdown" align="middle" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /><br><small><a href="">Dragon gets back into the cage</a></small></center>

Looks a great hotel.

Does the hotel have a sundeck by the pool with sunloungers?

Yes and they provide towels and a free mini fruit plate for your enjoyment!

He shoots...he scores!

Website shows a $500baht joiner fee........

Over 100 visits to the Kingdom

First in 2001 -

TG with me in USA since Nov 2008

Married to her since Jan 2009 .....OOPS Divorce in 2015...NEXT

Website shows a $500baht joiner fee........

Joiner fee is applicable for the third joiner.

If you bring more than one person to the room then you need to pay the 500Bhat joiner fee.

BoomBoom

<center><embed src="http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/show.swf?clickURL=http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/&clickLABEL=Time to go back&flashLABEL=Vacation End&skin=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/skins/30.jpg&text=%20Back to Cage%21%21&untilColor=6724095&textColor=0&datesColor=0&year=2010&month=4&day=09&hour=12&minute=00&second=0&x=6&y=77" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="300" height="200" name="countdown" align="middle" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /><br><small><a href="">Dragon gets back into the cage</a></small></center>

Do they charge if you bring a different lady back each day for ST, sorry is it sounds like a silly question.

Looks really kool place, with good pool and gym but if they act the maggot with the ST ladies I would stay well away.

IS 39,000thb a good price for one month for Pattaya, someone mentioned they thought it was expensive?

Get up ya dirtbird, get up...

Do they charge if you bring a different lady back each day for ST, sorry is it sounds like a silly question.

Looks really kool place, with good pool and gym but if they act the maggot with the ST ladies I would stay well away.

IS 39,000thb a good price for one month for Pattaya, someone mentioned they thought it was expensive?

Great price for a month.

This hotel is of high standard for the money & is new & has a fantastic location.

:GrinNod1:

You can bring as many ST's back as you want, for as long as there is only 2 person (including you) in the room without having to pay a joiner.

As far as 39K for one month goes, it's only expensive if you can't afford it. Its a brand new hotel with great facilities. There are cheaper ways to live, but its all about what your standards are.

I would say it is in-keeping with the standard of hotel.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, am i being a bit stupid but i cannot see the hotel from the roadside or on the pattaya photo guide. can someone tell me where it is EXACTLY. i am going there on 7th july and dont want to get out the taxi and be walking around like a dweeb trying to find the hotel. cheers

"I Go With U"

The Pattaya Photo Guide was taken before it was built.

Even if you were in Pattaya Klang in person, you would easily walk past it as you have to walk about 25 metres up this private alley to the entrance.

This is the alley view on PPG

http://www.pattayaphotoguide.com/?cTxRUaaskcuA8CAA

i love u long time! is a bit tucked away isnt it, good job i asked. can you have a good night sleep with no noise from the road and shops etc?

Edited by IPayBar4U

"I Go With U"

i stayed for two weeks and agree with most of what was said about the friendliness of the staff and it is quiet. A great place for couples and those who like to relax a bit. While having breakfast one morning a punter came in with his girl and they were extremely drunk and hardly mobile. The manager (Paul) helped them into the evelator and to their room which I thought was a nice touch. He appologized for leaving us at breakfast to take care of them which was not necessary. Since we were the only ones eating most mornings he was pleasant and chatted a bit. One day he even offered to have Thai food prepared for my friend if she wanted.

They do take a deposit on top of prepayment which seems a bit much but it was refunded with an issue. The first morning at breakfast they wanted to charge my friend for her meal but I said it was a room for two with breakfast. He said registered guests only and I pointed out that she was not with me when I registered as I came from the airport and met her after arriving. I had to get the emails stating room and breakfast for two but in the end he said ok and never an issue the other days with same lady. I told him we could check out and check back in if that helped but I think the point was missed. If you have different ladies each day and they just leave their ID at reception it may be an issue for the breakfast. As stated by others the joiner fee is for the third person in the room. They do seem to have their rules and are professional but picky on some things. As we were there a while they were nice to us. I recall all rooms are nonsmoking if that is important to some. You can smoke on the balcony.

I had internet in the room for free but was wired rather than wireless. The large fridge without the usual hotel items was a good feature and there is a 7-11 next door to the entrance to the hotel. The safe was big enough to hold my laptop and other things but was just loose sitting in the wardrobe so they came and bolted it down.

I thought it was a great place and would stay there again as it suites my interests in a hotel. If they raise prices once becoming popular then I may take a pass.

Common sense is not very common.

Nice reviews.. was wondering if the tg's u bring back to the hotel are allowed to use the swimming pool also?

Nice reviews.. was wondering if the tg's u bring back to the hotel are allowed to use the swimming pool also?

They said in the emails that they will charge non-registered guests 200 baht to use their facilities.

The hotel is very quiet, so Im not sure how enforced this is.

However, reading the recent report about the breakfast situation, it sounds like they might well be.

They said in the emails that they will charge non-registered guests 200 baht to use their facilities.

The hotel is very quiet, so Im not sure how enforced this is.

However, reading the recent report about the breakfast situation, it sounds like they might well be.

The breakfast was free for registered guests but not others which is apparently the same for the pool. The key is what constitutes "registered" and I assume that overnight ladies who leave ID at front desk are not considered registered. In my case the person was staying the entire time and was given a key to the room so must have been deemed to be registered. This was after the first breakfast confusion. After resolving we had no further problems the remainder of the stay.

August Suites was quire good about responding to emails ahead of my arrival and recommend you ask for clarity on whether one lady staying for the night(s) is considered registered or not. My assumption is they will treat regular guests well and want to discourage ST/LT bar ladies from hanging around but that may be contrary to what the paying guest will want. Again, best to clarify by email before booking.

Common sense is not very common.

Can anyone confirm if you pay B500 per girl you bring back, if so this is not a monger friendly hotel, although it does look very good

Can anyone confirm if you pay B500 per girl you bring back, if so this is not a monger friendly hotel, although it does look very good

For as long as there is only 2 people in the room at any one time, there is no joiner fee. You only pay 500 baht once you are bringing a third person into the equation.

I emailed them that question just to be sure and to get it in writing.

The answer is no joiner fee for 1st girl, 500 baht for the 2nd.

Edited by asiancup

What's the gym like? Does it have any decent weights/machines to go with the treadmills? Do they charge extra to use the gym?

Also what are the beds like? I need quite a firm mattress as I get a bad back when I sleep on a soft one.

Edited by COYS

What's the gym like? Does it have any decent weights/machines to go with the treadmills? Do they charge extra to use the gym?

Also what are the beds like? I need quite a firm mattress as I get a bad back when I sleep on a soft one.

Some information about the gym equipment:

One bench and some dumbbells (up to 15 KG if i remember correctly ...)

3 Strength Machines you can use to train quadriceps (leg extension), abs, back, chest, shoulders.

No extra charge for using the gym.

The beds are superb. Not overly firm and not soft. I suffer from back problems and had no issues with it. What you will notice is the quality of linen used on the bed and pillows. It gave the sleeping experience a high quality feel.

The previous BM gave an accurate resume of the gym. The free weights are not heavy. You would need to be going for a high rep/lower weight on a free weight workout.

The swimming pool attendant also gives you a fruit plate and/or fruit drink whilst you are melting in the heat.