IGNORED

August Suites

bristol

After looking around at lots of sites and threads for my cherry trip to Thailand, I think this hotel seems to be the winner, if I can get a city-side room for 35-38k with a king bed for a month. The others on my shortlist were Pattaya Bay, LK Renaissance and Nova Platinum.

One thing I note is that a lot of these new hotels are pretty stingy on the TV sets which seems strange seeming the price of your basic 32" LCD these days. In the long run it's a silly choice to go smaller than that IMHO. Really they should all be getting 32" Full HD screens so that those with notebooks or small netbooks can plug in and use their PC at 1920x1080 resolution.

Secondly not having wi-fi in the room is a concern but I came across a tiny new 802.11n travel router which I was going to buy anyway so that solves that problem: http://www.bcchardware.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=7641&Itemid=40

Lastly, having to pay 200 baht for your guest to use the pool seems a bit unfair, although I guess on the other hand it means I can do laps while safe in the knowledge I'm not going to run into a load of jizz.

Would anyone be able to do a speed test if they are there now or going soon? http://speedtest.net/ Thanks

Edited by zanny

Trip Reports: May/June 2022 - 27 Leche Loads Jakarta/BKK/Pattaya

Popped my Cherry 2010 - Philippines - Part 1 & Thailand - Part 2  - Quick Trip Report BKK/Pattaya 2017

Having finally got a slightly better quote for November, I'm on the verge of booking. A final (daft) question for one who has used the place - does the pool get good sun ? I'm assuming that by the location, the main building blocks afternoon sun ?

Hello Slack, as I am going in November as well and am thinking of staying at the August Suites. If you don't mind sharing, I would like to know what type of prices they gave you for November? Thank you, this would be a great help...

I just received an e mail back from August Suites. They wanted 1650 for city side and 1800 a night for poolside. Both are without breakfast... So after hearing the prices and location and everything else, I plan on spending my trip there...

I just received an e mail back from August Suites. They wanted 1650 for city side and 1800 a night for poolside. Both are without breakfast... So after hearing the prices and location and everything else, I plan on spending my trip there...

you should try beating them down a bit more mate. i was offered cityside 1450bht, poolside 1550bht. this was after about 5 emails back and forward.

you should try beating them down a bit more mate. i was offered cityside 1450bht, poolside 1550bht. this was after about 5 emails back and forward.

Was this for high season?

Check if it includes breakfast too. Not a deal-breaker, but my first response from them was a better room price offer...with the 'excludes breakfast' further down the page.

Was this for high season?

last 4 nights of october, first week november. no breakfast.

• 2 weeks later...
They mentioned this surcharge twice in my correspondence with them. The first is in the body of the email and the second is in the actual voucher that they email to you upon confirmation. The good news is that they don't require an advance deposit to guarantee the room. I'm not too concerned because I plan on paying in cash. I try to avoid using credit cards in Thailand at all costs.

I try to avoid using credit cards in Thailand too.

I just got the voucher from August Suite to confirm, and its required that I give my credit card information in an e-mail, so that they can charge 1 nights fee, if no show. Obviously I'm not to happy about giving my credit card information in an e-mail..

What did you do here?

i ve just booked August Suites for 21 nights In December , i have booked the Executive suites , has anyone stayed in the suites rooms.

Yes, i stayed for three weeks (september 2009) in an executive suite. Very positive. Anything you want to know about it?

I just got the voucher from August Suite to confirm, and its required that I give my credit card information in an e-mail, so that they can charge 1 nights fee, if no show. Obviously I'm not to happy about giving my credit card information in an e-mail..

What did you do here?

Did you book during high season? There was no advance deposit requirement for my reservation so no need for me to give them my credit card. Everything is paid upon arrival for my reservation. I would call to give them cc number or at least fax the completed form to them. I definitely would not email the form back with my cc number.

What did you do here?

Hi !

Just wanted to bump this because me too gonna be in august suite in december and they ask me my credit card informations in an e-mail.

Is it safe and have any of you guys already done this? I don't really want them to have access to my account...

Thanks guys... :EvilLaugh1:

Same same...but different!

Hi !

Just wanted to bump this because me too gonna be in august suite in december and they ask me my credit card informations in an e-mail.

Is it safe and have any of you guys already done this? I don't really want them to have access to my account...

Thanks guys... :EvilLaugh1:

i sent them my credit card details after i booked, havn't had a problem yet

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

i sent them my credit card details after i booked, havn't had a problem yet

Well I just sent them my credit card details as well, still no answer as of now.

Will see how it goes, hopefully good :)

I just booked 25 dec - 5 jan with them. They sent a reservation form that I filled out with my cc details. I did a scan of the page and sent it to them. Maybe it's safer to do it like that?

Anyways 1800 for a poolside room which seemed fair for that particular time.

Br

Jens

Pussy always wins, it's undefeated

Did you book during high season? There was no advance deposit requirement for my reservation so no need for me to give them my credit card. Everything is paid upon arrival for my reservation. I would call to give them cc number or at least fax the completed form to them. I definitely would not email the form back with my cc number.

When I made my reservation for the 18th of November, they did not require my cc information. They just told me to have the total amount due plus 2000 Baht deposit, upon arrival. So you are paying for the entire stay up front plus a security deposit, that is refunded at the end...

They probs had loads of non shows.. might well just risk it and pop in there when in town rather than send CC details via email.

I just booked 25 dec - 5 jan with them. They sent a reservation form that I filled out with my cc details. I did a scan of the page and sent it to them. Maybe it's safer to do it like that?

Anyways 1800 for a poolside room which seemed fair for that particular time.

Br

Jens

Hi I got quoted for 1650 THB/ night for poolside room and upper floor which seems nicer to me than on lower floors (for period 13th - 21th december). Guess you pay a little more because of peak season.

Just booked Poolside Room for 9 nights in Dec.... 1800bht per night. Looking forward to staying here... thanks to all who have posted info about this place.

Hi I got quoted for 1650 THB/ night for poolside room and upper floor which seems nicer to me than on lower floors (for period 13th - 21th december). Guess you pay a little more because of peak season.

I also got a quote of 1650THB, but this was for a twin not a double room. I would double check with them about this if you don't already know

cheers

P4P C4C

Anyone stayed in a city side room and is it very noisy?

Is it worth the extra to stay in a pool side room?

Ive stayed in both sides. Both sides are very quiet. There is no noise to talk of on the city side.

Ive stayed in both sides. Both sides are very quiet. There is no noise to talk of on the city side.

Thanks mate.

So would u say the view on the pool side is worth the extra money?