Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

August Suites

bristol

The short answer is phone them. They are very easy to deal with and have pretty good English skills.

I've just come back from 10 days at August Suites and I can't praise the place enough. The staff are very friendly and the room's are modern and clean. I paid 2000 baht a night (incl breakfast) but that was high season rates. As the weeks go by, that'll come down, I'm sure. I also received (an unrequested) upgrade to a pool view room while I was there. I've stayed there before so maybe that helped (and I started this thread!)

I think, when i come in Thai in february talk personally with the hotel and visit the room.

I hope aren't problem with my bad english :CatDance1:

Thank you.

Edited by Fabio1985

this place looks good but now gone up to 2000 baht a night

If they are starting to charge that much I'm guessing the hotel must be pretty busy. I managed to get two city-side rooms for 1600 bht 10 nights in Feb but I reserved two months ago.

yeh i was just quoted 1800 a night or 1900 with breakfast. i only plan to stay a couple nights so i dont think i will bother to ask for any discount as i have no grounds to (>week i would), plus it is high season (january) so i expect to pay the most. email was replied to within 24 hours and that's fine with me, a bit slow but ok. i'm going to request a room overlooking the pool but doubt i will get it due to my short stay, but we'll see. my only question that i couldn't gather from this thread is: what's the breakfast like?

Edited by erogenous

yeh i was just quoted 1800 a night or 1900 with breakfast. i only plan to stay a couple nights so i dont think i will bother to ask for any discount as i have no grounds to (>week i would), plus it is high season (january) so i expect to pay the most. email was replied to within 24 hours and that's fine with me, a bit slow but ok. i'm going to request a room overlooking the pool but doubt i will get it due to my short stay, but we'll see. my only question that i couldn't gather from this thread is: what's the breakfast like?

Hi I spent 8 nights at August Suites. Although I didn't have breakfast included, I tried their breakfast which can be served any time in the day. It is pretty good, standard american breakfast.

Bacon / eggs / sausages / Peas in tomato sauces, coffe / pineapple orange juice / bread butter jam . pretty standard stuff and good.

If you have any other questions about this hotel feel free to ask.

Cheers

Same same...but different!

You can also order Thai food with coffee or tea and juices if the so call chef is available. Standard is so so unless you meet the right "CHEF"

Booked in 5/3/10 till 21/3/10 Executive suite pool side. 3000 THB a night including breakfast.

Will let you all know how it goes.

"The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future, or anticipate troubles but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly."

-Buddha

• 2 months later...

Just stayed for the third time at this hotel, and, is still my favourite for the money. I pay a little over 1000 as a frequent flyer, but they say they are quite strict about not offering this price to first timers.

For this price, I get city view and no breakfast, (which is a saving of 200 for not getting swimming pool view and 100 for no breakfast).

The worst thing, I reckon, for newbies trying to find this place is trying to find the place, so I thought I'd take a couple of pics that may help.....

View from Pattaya Klang crossroads (just look for the yellow and brown stripes at the alley way and the orange sign saying, "August Suites". Most taxi drivers have no clue its there, so they won't be able to help. Dont be put off by the alley way. Its a big hotel, its just cleverly squeezed into a gap space that extends once up the alley.....

IMG_2074.jpg

IMG_2075.jpg

View up the alley

IMG_2072.jpg

IMG_2073.jpg

View of the entrace

IMG_2071.jpg

View of the outside breakfast/eating/coffee area

IMG_2068.jpg

View of the bar (never really seen people use this though)

IMG_2070.jpg

View of the double bed (Absoultely huge)

IMG_2058.jpg

IMG_2054.jpg

City view from the balcony. I understand its not 'pretty' but its quite interesting to just sit and relax and watch some goings on. Its private enough though at night for some Long Time lovin ;)

IMG_2056.jpg

IMG_2057.jpg

I spent two weeks in December, I paid 1500 baths / nights, nice staff, and hotel very clean, it's my best hotel.....

I was there a few of months ago. I had booked a standard room for 1500THB/night but when I arrived they changed to executive suite for the same price! I certainly didn't suggested it myself. It's was from their own initiative. I still cannot understand why they did it since there the hotel was far from fully booked.

Anyways, excellent hotel, very clean and quiet plus super friendly staff for a very affordable price. No probs with overnight guests. One of the best hotels I've ever stayed anywhere. Highly recommended to everybody.

Edited by FinnPower

Life is too short to be small!

I was there a few of months ago. I had booked a standard room for 1500THB/night but when I arrived they changed to executive suite for the same price! I certainly didn't suggested it myself. It's was from their own initiative. I still cannot understand why they did it since there the hotel was far from fully booked.

Yes, the same thing happened to me. Got an executive suite but payed for a standard room. :001_Thank_You5:

I don't know why they did it either ... .

Yes, the same thing happened to me. Got an executive suite but payed for a standard room. :FunnyPost1:

I don't know why they did it either ... .

Haha I could only hope they do the same for me :Fuck_Knows: After spending time reading through this thread, I think I've narrowed it down to staying at this hotel on my next trip :23:

Question for those that have possibly booked two rooms.. did they give any further discount when emailing about pricing? A friend of mine is very interested in traveling with me and so I would inquire about one room for myself and one room for him.

Someday, somebody will ski that

Quite like look of this hotel and been quoted - " 1,500 THB/night/no breakfast for a Superior room Pool Side on the 3rd – 5th floor", few minor different options also.

Dates 11th-18th April,seems an ok price?

I'm in Thailand for a month is this a good choice/location for a newbie?

Thanks

Quite like look of this hotel and been quoted - " 1,500 THB/night/no breakfast for a Superior room Pool Side on the 3rd – 5th floor", few minor different options also.

Dates 11th-18th April,seems an ok price?

I'm in Thailand for a month is this a good choice/location for a newbie?

Thanks

I stayed for a month last year.

Location wise it's good. Close to 2nd road and baht buses and walking distance to soi 7 and 8. If cross the road directly opposite you work thru the hospital and if you turn right you come out on 2nd road without the need to walk on the busy footpaths.

Also close to the end of soi buakhao and the baht buses on that route.

Excellent market out the front, internet cafes and laundry places.

1 min from tops supermarket for supplies and bowling alley. 3 7/11s in close proximity 1 right

out the front.

Carrefour about 10 mins up the road walking or you can get a baht bus there also.

Very good restaurant "leng kee" 2 mins away on pattaya klang, went there everyday at least once.

Bottle shop/liquor store nearby

Central festival mall within walking distance.

The hotel itself is excellent. Nice rooms great beds, huge actually.

The staff are friendly, helpful and respectful of any girls you bring back.

For example one morning a bargirl was leaving the hotel and it was raining,

one of the staff took her outside with an umbrella .

Security is very good.

Good medium sized pool and ok gym for mortals like me.

Everything is new, clean and kept that way.

Internet is free but limited to 3 laptops

but I never had a problem getting one.

Every time I used the net staff came over

to turn on fan and offer me free juice or water.

The place wasn't busy which is a bonus.

I got a pair of shoes covered in mud so left them on the balcony to dry

with intention of cleaning them the next day but the next afternoon I found

housekeeping had already done it.

Good selection of tv channels.

It's quiet, especially on the poolside.

You can keep the lights and aircon on in your room

by placing a business card in the keycard slot.

Room safes are good, a must for me.

Very good bathrooms with nice shower with a glass door

On the day I left I was catching a bus from tops supermarket

which is a 2min walk away. When they found this out when I was

checking out they insisted on driving me and a car appeared instantly.

They have a secure underground car park if you rent something.

The minor irritations were

They shut the pool quite early, it's meant to shut at 8 I think but

was always closed early probably as no one was there.

The gym too but I just went in turned on the aircon and lights

always turning them off upon leaving.

laundry is a bit expensive but did mine nearby.

The corridors get a bit hot. No dvd/cd player.

Stayed on the city side and in the morning the sun came in more

than I would have liked but I fixed this by placing cushions ect against the curtains

this worked well enough that I didn't change to the pool side which doesn't get morning sun.

I loved it there and definitely the most friendly and helpful staff of any

hotel I've stayed in. Seeing the pictures on this thread me homesick :LMFAO:

At the end of a months stay here I was joined(for a week) by my Bangkok gogo girl who is my regular girl in Thailand. I wanted her to have a separate key card and that was no problem. The receptionist took her passport for photo copying and placed my "file" open on the counter ready to put the copy in. I took the opportunity to have a look and they'd photocopied the ID card of every girl who'd joined me over the preceding 3 weeks.

I wanted to ask for a copy for me but couldn't with my girl there. :LMFAO:

I'm sure they do this at other places too but I'm equally sure there's many more

that don't bother. Just another point in August Suites favour.

I stayed for a month last year.

Location wise it's good. Close to 2nd road and baht buses and walking distance to soi 7 and 8. If cross the road directly opposite you work thru the hospital and if you turn right you come out on 2nd road without the need to walk on the busy footpaths.

Also close to the end of soi buakhao and the baht buses on that route.

Excellent market out the front, internet cafes and laundry places.

1 min from tops supermarket for supplies and bowling alley. 3 7/11s in close proximity 1 right

out the front.

Carrefour about 10 mins up the road walking or you can get a baht bus there also.

Very good restaurant "leng kee" 2 mins away on pattaya klang, went there everyday at least once.

Bottle shop/liquor store nearby

Central festival mall within walking distance.

The hotel itself is excellent. Nice rooms great beds, huge actually.

The staff are friendly, helpful and respectful of any girls you bring back.

For example one morning a bargirl was leaving the hotel and it was raining,

one of the staff took her outside with an umbrella .

Security is very good.

Good medium sized pool and ok gym for mortals like me.

Everything is new, clean and kept that way.

Internet is free but limited to 3 laptops

but I never had a problem getting one.

Every time I used the net staff came over

to turn on fan and offer me free juice or water.

The place wasn't busy which is a bonus.

I got a pair of shoes covered in mud so left them on the balcony to dry

with intention of cleaning them the next day but the next afternoon I found

housekeeping had already done it.

Good selection of tv channels.

It's quiet, especially on the poolside.

You can keep the lights and aircon on in your room

by placing a business card in the keycard slot.

Room safes are good, a must for me.

Very good bathrooms with nice shower with a glass door

On the day I left I was catching a bus from tops supermarket

which is a 2min walk away. When they found this out when I was

checking out they insisted on driving me and a car appeared instantly.

They have a secure underground car park if you rent something.

The minor irritations were

They shut the pool quite early, it's meant to shut at 8 I think but

was always closed early probably as no one was there.

The gym too but I just went in turned on the aircon and lights

always turning them off upon leaving.

laundry is a bit expensive but did mine nearby.

The corridors get a bit hot. No dvd/cd player.

Stayed on the city side and in the morning the sun came in more

than I would have liked but I fixed this by placing cushions ect against the curtains

this worked well enough that I didn't change to the pool side which doesn't get morning sun.

I loved it there and definitely the most friendly and helpful staff of any

hotel I've stayed in. Seeing the pictures on this thread me homesick :Chokdee:

Nice review mate.

Did u mean the pool area doesn't get sun in the morning or the poolside balconies?

Nice review mate.

Did u mean the pool area doesn't get sun in the morning or the poolside balconies?

I stayed city side and that side definitely gets the sun in the morning. Pool side balconies didn't seem to get morning sun. I only went to the pool in afternoon and it usually cloudy but nice

I'm a shift worker so I like zero light coming into my room and there was bit on the city side so I put the chair and a few cushions against the curtains which fixed it. It was 100 baht extra for the pool side per night.

Probably wouldn't bother most people.

I confirm the comments above, I still have good self aside for the month of May 12 to 25, I have the room at 1300 Baht per night, excluding breakfast and city views, which suits me fine .

At the end of a months stay here I was joined(for a week) by my Bangkok gogo girl who is my regular girl in Thailand. I wanted her to have a separate key card and that was no problem. The receptionist took her passport for photo copying and placed my "file" open on the counter ready to put the copy in. I took the opportunity to have a look and they'd photocopied the ID card of every girl who'd joined me over the preceding 3 weeks.

I wanted to ask for a copy for me but couldn't with my girl there. :D

I'm sure they do this at other places too but I'm equally sure there's many more

that don't bother. Just another point in August suites favour.

OMG.... this fills me with horror for some reason.

Not very good value for money, there are lots of Hotels equally nice, if not better, in the 2000-3000 Baht a day bracket. Check out the LK Hotels

Great hotel & great value for money.

I emailed them & I have stayed there 3 times & it cost me 1,500 baht for a room with a pool view.

Super location also.

This is the best 1500 baht room & hotel in Pattaya IMO.

Not very good value for money, there are lots of Hotels equally nice, if not better, in the 2000-3000 Baht a day bracket. Check out the LK Hotels

Are you trolling this forum, or did you not read this thread?

No one has paid 2000-3000 baht per night at this hotel.

Everyone is emailing them and getting between 1200-1500 baht per night, which given the location, standard and friendliness of the hotel.....IS good value for money.

• 3 weeks later...

hi guys im very much considering this hotel to be where i stay in august for 29 nights after reading all the good reviews about it and also the price but i would just like to know what you guys thought about the bed was it rock hard like alot of mattresses seem to be in pattaya or was it soft and comfy and gives you just that right amount of bounce for the boom boom sessions

:)

hi guys im very much considering this hotel to be where i stay in august for 29 nights after reading all the good reviews about it and also the price but i would just like to know what you guys thought about the bed was it rock hard like alot of mattresses seem to be in pattaya or was it soft and comfy and gives you just that right amount of bounce for the boom boom sessions

:GrinNod1:

The bed is good. I never had any complaints from girls. :GoldenSmile1: