IGNORED

August Suites

bristol

What about WiFi? Is it free and can it be accessed in the rooms? Their site seems to say:

# In-room broadband Internet access

# Public area Wi-Fi Internet access

I must play with my iPhone a few hours a day and WiFi in room is a must for me..... :)

I don't recall seeing an ethernet cable in my room, but I did use the WiFi with my iPhone from my room. Hope this helps.

I don't recall seeing an ethernet cable in my room, but I did use the WiFi with my iPhone from my room. Hope this helps.

Thanks!

I stayed from the 17th-19th SEPT and booked online through Agoda for an Executive City View for $83 US a night. I should probably try to e-mail them next time. Paul the manager is very friendly and so are all the workers. I was provided 2 drinks upon check-in and allowed early check-in. They have a lovely breakfast that you can choose items made fresh to order and the pool and gym were adequate. I also like that it is near 2nd road and Central Festival Mall. The room was very spacious and the bathroom was huge. I had 2 girls in the bathtub with me (500b joiner fee over 2 people in the room). It was kind of tight, but still managed. I booked as I thought they would have LCD tv, but again it was a tube. I don't mind as I didn't watch too much tv. My BG commented that it didn't have some movie channel (guess she loves movies). The place was always clean and it even had 2 a/c systems for the place. I bet you could throw a good party in the room, but the 500b joiner fee is a killer. Overall I would stay again and maybe use the gym and pool this time (naw that is why I'm on vacation)

This hotel looks superb.

Quick couple of questions for those who've stayed there - did you utilze the baht buses for transport? I'm assuming the pickup/drop off point would be on the corner of 2nd road. how long is the walk to the hotel from there?

Sorry, I'm a little OCD and fret the smallest details...

This hotel looks superb.

Quick couple of questions for those who've stayed there - did you utilze the baht buses for transport? I'm assuming the pickup/drop off point would be on the corner of 2nd road. how long is the walk to the hotel from there?

Yeah from the corner of beach road 2 and pattaya klang, you'll get dropped by the baht bus. From there the hotel is no more than 1 minute walk. This place is great and you won't be disappointed.

This hotel looks superb.

The location, IMO, is perfect! 2nd Road is within a 1 minute walking distance and Soi Boukhow is within a 2 minute walking distance. It's so easy to access every part of Pattaya as all of the baht bus routes are right there :)

Someday, somebody will ski that

Yeah from the corner of beach road 2 and pattaya klang, you'll get dropped by the baht bus. From there the hotel is no more than 1 minute walk. This place is great and you won't be disappointed.

i confirm = less than 1 minute

and its nice, coz there is a 7/11 only 20 meters from the hotel soi ; a small market with fruit and vegetables ;

Tops Supermarket is 1 mn ;

i was there 8 days before, and will be back on 31 december ;

now, the bosses are building a new hotel just near August Suites ; it will be called April Suites ; Paul, the daytime manager, made me visit the construction ; the rooms will be little smaller, but cheaper ; with pool on top ; they plan to open April Suites for november or december.

Stayed at August Suites hotel during May/June this year. I was going to stay at my usual haunt which is the Eastiny Plaza (Soi 8) until I discovered this hotel on the forum. I’m glad I did as there is demolition/building work going on across the road from the Eastiny Plaza. I emailed the hotel regarding rates and got a deluxe room with pool view for 1700B with no breakfast, which doesn’t bother me as I am never up that early! I was emailed a booking form which I completed and returned and promptly received a confirmation email.

FlipperSoi8

Recently I started a post looking for an upgrade from Eastiny Place (not Plaza - although I assume they are comparable) and referred to the favourable reviews of August Suites in this forum, but I hadn't read all the reviews - FlipperSoi8's review persuades me that this is the hotel (and room - poolside deluxe) for me. One complaint I had about Eastiny Place was the patchy airconditioning and shower water pressure the last time I stayed there - how are those things here?

I was also considering splashing out and staying at Dusit D2, but their standard (deluxe) rooms look pretty small (37 square metres - 8 less than the deluxe room at August Suites), especially for the price - 73,000 baht December 24 - January 6. That's a lot of extra joiner fees worth ...

Never knew about the April suites, but hopefully they keep the same quality. It is a very nice hotel with a short walk to baht bus routes and Central Festival Mall.

April Suites???

Hope you dont confuse the dates for the next trip... Maybe you will go in January instead of June.

:GoldenSmile1::001_Thank_You5:

• 5 weeks later...

booked a few of days ago superior room foe february 1650 bath for 1 night, i supposed a little beat cheaper, but August suite is the hotel where i have been in pattaya so..doesn't change my plain 200 bth more or less

A lot of very favourable reviews. I am wondering is there a microwave in the rooms?. I also hope someone would could fill me in the TV channels available. Are there sports channels showing Premier League football, ESPN for Golf Majors in Summer. Good movie channels like HBO etc.

I stayed in View Talay 6 last trip. Terrific Location,excellent accomodation but the TV channels available were very poor IMO.

I also hope someone would could fill me in the TV channels available. Are there sports channels showing Premier League football, ESPN for Golf Majors in Summer. Good movie channels like HBO etc.

ive stayed there for 3 trips now..no HBO..i think they have ESPN..not sure

definalty have star sports

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

quoted this rate by email :

Dear Sir, Our best rates in February 2011 are :

-1,800THB/night/with BF for Superior City side 3rd-5th floor

-2,000THB/night/with BF for Superior Pool side 3rd-5th floor

-2,200THB/night/with BF for Superior Pool side 3rd-5th floor, directly to the pool

-2,500THB/night/with BF for a Deluxe room (bathtub in the bathroom)

-3,000THB/night/with BF for Executive suite city side

-3,500THB/night/with BF for Executive suite pool side

honest prices or i can have cheaper if i ask ?

i read some guys get 1500 THB a superior room ?

:001_Thank_You5:

Edited by MaGiK

1500 baht is enough IMO.

Do these Thai's do not know there is a economic bomb gone up & with the exchange rates Thailand is becoming fucking expensive.

Great hotel IMO.

I paid 1,700 for a superior room pool side 6th floor in July 2010.

February is considered peak season because of chinese new year. Therefore, having the price a bit more expensive makes sense.

My experience with August Suites are that they are fair and they do give you the bottom line.

Up to you.

quoted this rate by email :

honest prices or i can have cheaper if i ask ?

i read some guys get 1500 THB a superior room ?

Since it's for February, I think it's honest. I was asked 1'850THB for a Superior City side in December (but had the chance to be upgraded in an Executive City side room, hotel was almost fully booked). This hotel is almost new (2 years old) and always gets good reviews, so maybe they are not suffering too much from current economic issues.

They do make long-term stays prices, maybe a reason why some people were quoted 1500THB ??? Depending on the length of your stay, you can perhaps ask for a discount.

For the same level of services, you can asked them for the April Suites http://www.aprilsuites.com (new and incomplete website, and down for the moment)

1500 baht is enough IMO.

Do these Thai's do not know there is a economic bomb gone up & with the exchange rates Thailand is becoming fucking expensive.

Great hotel IMO.

I paid 1,700 for a superior room pool side 6th floor in July 2010.

February is considered peak season because of chinese new year. Therefore, having the price a bit more expensive makes sense.

My experience with August suites are that they are fair and they do give you the bottom line.

Up to you.

Since it's for February, I think it's honest. I was asked 1'850THB for a Superior City side in December (but had the chance to be upgraded in an Executive City side room, hotel was almost fully booked). This hotel is almost new (2 years old) and always gets good reviews, so maybe they are not suffering too much from current economic issues.

They do make long-term stays prices, maybe a reason why some people were quoted 1500THB ??? Depending on the length of your stay, you can perhaps ask for a discount.

For the same level of services, you can asked them for the April Suites http://www.aprilsuites.com (new and incomplete website, and down for the moment)

Thx guys.

February is really considered in the peak season ?

I think 2000 THB for the smallest room pool site (but not directly) is a good rate ? i don't like a city view, in LOS S it's mean you in front of a wall of a building...

still thinking..............

Just to get most recent info on bringing girls.

1) What is there policy for bringing 2 or more girls to your room at the same time?

2) And if you book a room as 1 person and want to bring your overnight girl to breakfast - do they charge her for breakfast?

And what if I book a room as 2 person - would they charge her for breakfast?

3) Is there's breakfast good or just standard crap?

4) What time do they finish serving breakfast?

5) Is internet access in rooms good or usually slow or don't work most of the times?

Just to get most recent info on bringing girls.

1) What is there policy for bringing 2 or more girls to your room at the same time?.

2 girls is 500 baht extra

2) And if you book a room as 1 person and want to bring your overnight girl to breakfast - do they charge her for breakfast?

not sure.never had the breakfast, id imagine they dont, the room is booked for 2

And what if I book a room as 2 person - would they charge her for breakfast?

3) Is there's breakfast good or just standard crap?

i wouldnt bother with it.too many other nice places to eat in pattaya, standard hotel fair

4) What time do they finish serving breakfast?

11am i think....Id stuggle to make it home at that time

5) Is internet access in rooms good or usually slow or don't work most of the times?

internet is fine for surfing..not great if you need to do some serious uploading or downloading.

you can get a yellow cable from reception to plug into the wall direct which may be a little faster

:Chokdee:

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...