IGNORED

ALERT......for BM's not in pattaya. do not pre pay accomodation in soi 15 till you get here and look.

striderman

1 week on from those last photos and the concreting squad have indeed reached the for now combined in/out gate at city garden condo. they are now starting to prepare the other side of that section of Soi 15 (rear of the thai temple to city condo ) for a similar concrete road covering. should take about another week or so and at least that bit of the soi will have decent access. who needs mystic meg ?

Just took these pictures today Wednesday 03/28/2022:  Walking out the backside of Avenue: 

9615A23E-2757-4935-BA4D-648FD66273B4.jpeg

0941B795-7751-4763-8474-31AA33BCFFA2.jpeg

EC632672-C4B2-458C-AF2C-9150BDD7FF75.jpeg

• Like 7

Not that it matters; I jacked up the date     Should be 03/30/2022: 

just had a look today. the "frontline" is unchanged at the back of the avenue shopping mall. the new concreted surface is now the full road width from the back of the temple  as far city garden condo. they are preparing one side for concrete working forwards from city garden towards the urban and from outside  the mercure back towards the avenue condo. i'm now more certain the scheme is to get this section of the soi pretty much done before starting the avenue shopping to buakaow part of the job.

timeline for this i can only guess but my estimate is another 6/8 weeks to get the first part ready

• Like 4

Thank you guys for all the updates, very useful thread.

I have booked 3 weeks at Centara Azure, but looking at all of this, thinking it may be time to rebook somewhere else?

I am a bit confused as to the layout here. Based on the youtube video @Arnie85put up, by Pattaya Joe, does anyone know when they will start on the part of the soi where Centara Azure is based?

Does anyone have any input into the Centara pool situation? With all that dust I can only assume the pool is dirty well? Such a crying shame, I loved baking in the sauna then jumping in the pool!

😞

Thank you again for the updates!

A

3 minutes ago, andypandythailandy said:

Thank you guys for all the updates, very useful thread.

I have booked 3 weeks at Centara Azure, but looking at all of this, thinking it may be time to rebook somewhere else?

I am a bit confused as to the layout here. Based on the youtube video @Arnie85put up, by Pattaya Joe, does anyone know when they will start on the part of the soi where Centara Azure is based?

Does anyone have any input into the Centara pool situation? With all that dust I can only assume the pool is dirty well? Such a crying shame, I loved baking in the sauna then jumping in the pool!

😞

Thank you again for the updates!

A

there is currently no work on the avenue shopping centre to buakaow section. approx what date do you arrive for the 3 weeks. right now there is no problem

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Striderman, your posts have been so helpful.

June 20th to Mid July.

My worry is they will start hitting that part by then! What do you think in your informed opinion, stay or go?

A

2 minutes ago, andypandythailandy said:

Thanks Striderman, your posts have been so helpful.

June 20th to Mid July.

My worry is they will start hitting that part by then! What do you think in your informed opinion, stay or go?

A

the works by then may well include that section of the soi. i just can't say for sure and i bet the thai project manager is not sure either.  i would suggest you don't pay in advance and watch this thread.

• Like 3

Dumb arse question.

The area down where the work is at the moment. Those poor sods stuck living down there at the moment are they able to get a car in and out to their condo ??

Just having a think about it even if the Avenue to Backhao section starts when I am there next  if I can get a car up and down that Soi to Grand Avenue I may well go forward with the booking 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

2 hours ago, Tuna Town said:

Dumb arse question.

The area down where the work is at the moment. Those poor sods stuck living down there at the moment are they able to get a car in and out to their condo ??

Just having a think about it even if the Avenue to Backhao section starts when I am there next  if I can get a car up and down that Soi to Grand Avenue I may well go forward with the booking 

There have been some days when its not been possible to get a car through, but at night you can because they remove and park up all the heavy machinery.    There have been power cuts 3 or 4 times a week also.   Road is almost finished now from 2nd rd to City Garden.

• Like 2
O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.

i had another look today. concreting of 1 side of the road from city garden condo to the urban should be done by this evening. concreting of 1 side of the road from the mercure almost up to the avenue condo by this evening too. i think it likely there may be a hiatus next week as songkran approaches, so the avenue shopping complex to buakaow section is safe from noise/works  for a while

In case, like me, your curious about the plans re the 150 yard stretch at the Second Road end of the Soi ...... 

I asked a shopkeeper there, this morning if he knew.

He said they are going to do up to Soi Bueckhow / round the Avenue bend first. So it will be many months before Second Road end is done.

It sort of makes sense.

He is dreading it ... work will be outside his room / shop for months .. nightmare.

• 2 weeks later...

So... the reality is the sky is not falling....

From Avenue Mall to Buakhao there is no change from the past...changes and work will occur....but my guess is not until 2023...why..

Well from 2nd Road until the Avenue Mall only half of the road has been dug up and paved over...looks nice actually....so they have a ton more to do and I don't see them going towards Buakhao from Avenue Mall until that is complete.

Maybe because of Songkran work has been slow this week...but I have had zero issues getting around 15 by foot/bike/car/etc.....yes if it rains it could be sloppy...but that's ALL THE TIME EVERYWHERE here...

And FWIW the three property management companies I work with are all sold out for the Grand Avenue...except the old Liberty place has a dinky 1bd/1ba for 12K....so most locals don't seem to think it's that bad....

Also of note...my friends stayed at Centara by Centara?....said the rooms weren't ready...AC and a ton of shit not working in the rooms on arrival...fixed...but took 6 hours for each of their three rooms

IMO still the best location/amenities in Patts

On 17/04/2022 at 15:22, The Danimal said:

So... the reality is the sky is not falling....

From Avenue Mall to Buakhao there is no change from the past...changes and work will occur....but my guess is not until 2023...why..

Well from 2nd Road until the Avenue Mall only half of the road has been dug up and paved over...looks nice actually....so they have a ton more to do and I don't see them going towards Buakhao from Avenue Mall until that is complete.

Maybe because of Songkran work has been slow this week...but I have had zero issues getting around 15 by foot/bike/car/etc.....yes if it rains it could be sloppy...but that's ALL THE TIME EVERYWHERE here...

And FWIW the three property management companies I work with are all sold out for the Grand Avenue...except the old Liberty place has a dinky 1bd/1ba for 12K....so most locals don't seem to think it's that bad....

Also of note...my friends stayed at Centara by Centara?....said the rooms weren't ready...AC and a ton of shit not working in the rooms on arrival...fixed...but took 6 hours for each of their three rooms

IMO still the best location/amenities in Patts

The problem is when will the sky fall though??

It would take less than 24 hours for the Tonka Trucks to be moved up Soi 15 and parked in front of the Avenue 

I got a booking for the Grand Avenue in 9 weeks time and it is looking promising it may hold up 

But I ain't counting my chickens on it 

Edited by Tuna Town

3 hours ago, Tuna Town said:

The problem is when will the sky fall though??

It would take less than 24 hours for the Tonka Trucks to be moved up Soi 15 and parked in front of the Avenue 

I got a booking for the Grand Avenue in 9 weeks time and it is looking promising it may hold up 

But I ain't counting my chickens on it 

Fair enough...but there has been some reasonable assessments of current status and some that are way off....I am a little biased because I own at GA...but I don't see any issues currently.  We will see when construction picks up again...but I can't imagine the noise being that bad in the back buildings...heck I was one of the first handful of owners to stay in their unit with "moderate" construction going on and it wasn't an issue...for me at least.

Point is nobody knows anything for certain...so you have to make an educated guess...with what I saw ...they have half of the road to finish from 2nd road to Avenue Mall...I can't imagine they start Avenue Mall to Buakhao concurrently...but TIT.  And to be honest...even if they are jacking up the roads...not sure how much that would affect me as I don't use my own vehicle...contruction or not roads are shit when it pours.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, The Danimal said:

Fair enough...but there has been some reasonable assessments of current status and some that are way off....I am a little biased because I own at GA...but I don't see any issues currently.  We will see when construction picks up again...but I can't imagine the noise being that bad in the back buildings...heck I was one of the first handful of owners to stay in their unit with "moderate" construction going on and it wasn't an issue...for me at least.

Point is nobody knows anything for certain...so you have to make an educated guess...with what I saw ...they have half of the road to finish from 2nd road to Avenue Mall...I can't imagine they start Avenue Mall to Buakhao concurrently...but TIT.  And to be honest...even if they are jacking up the roads...not sure how much that would affect me as I don't use my own vehicle...contruction or not roads are shit when it pours.

I got until Early June before I got to make a call on Cancelling my booking

I can cancel until then and lose 50% of my deposit so I be down about 4500 baht if I do.

I got no drama staying there if I can get in and out of there as I will have a vehicle. As far as the noise goes I be up early anyway so it shouldn't bother me.

My 2 issues that will see me cancel are 

1 Vehicle access between GA and Soi Backhao 

2 Dust level in the air from any roadworks. Don't want to leave towels on the balcony and find them covered in dust when you come back to collect them to use

For the time being I am just sitting tight waiting to find out what will happen in the next 8 weeks 

• Like 1

Maybe I'm old and just don't care. Or because I've raised 4 noisy children. But I've been living in The Avenue Residence since this project started, and unless you have a car, I don't see a problem.

Motorbike access has always been available. Noise is minimal with the balcony doors shut. Dust can be washed away; although I did ride a filthy motorbike for a month.

It's not like bars are open until 4am and you're trying to sleep. Construction noise starts about 9am. Of course, having 2 kids and 2 step kids, I can sleep through anything. And is anything your barfine trying to tell you on the balcony really that important? Som Tam is usually the topic of the day.

(Sorry, had a great night in the LOS and felt like replying to all threads)

Choke Dee

• Like 2

On 29/01/2022 at 03:16, striderman said:

there is no access to 2nd road even on FOOT  other than via the avenue. so if you were in say pattaya city garden condo your only way in and out is to go to 2nd road it's via the dirt road to buakaow and start from there. Soi 15 in normal times is quite a convenient location but now a simple stroll  from city garden (and several other condos) to villa supermarket is now a journey via buakaow. the noise is constant 7 days a week and this is a job needing many month of work. i sent pics to a BM here now who has stayed several times at the avenue residence and when he arrived and went to look his comment was "it's even worse in real life than your photos"

thanks...normally try to stay at city garden...but will now look elsewhere...thanks for the update.

59 minutes ago, billybog said:

thanks...normally try to stay at city garden...but will now look elsewhere...thanks for the update.

that post was back in january. the work outside city garden condo is pretty much done. there is now access to second road. city garden to the avenue shopping centre is hit and miss but should be ok fairly soon

1 minute ago, Kale said:

Some recent pictures of what it looks like right now would be nice.

What area?  Avenue Mall to Buakhoa has not changed at all....2nd Road to Avenue mall is half paved with some construction set up on the sides...but very little traffic....they will pick up with construction soon I would assume. Been here a week and seen nothing....most likely due to Songkran.  

3 hours ago, Kale said:

Some recent pictures of what it looks like right now would be nice.

as Danimal says the current work area has been pretty much unchanged for weeks other than the concreting of  full width of the road from the back of the temple to city garden condo is now complete. there was a shutdown for songkran.when things progress more pics will appear

Pictures just taken few minutes ago nothing really new to report:  except this Bus past by while eating breakfast, at first though it was Full size, was curious where it was headed; 

No doubt full size car 🚘 can get through!

see below: 

1A365A09-1B63-4F08-AB2E-A238F69EBAE4.jpeg

AAC02D13-D066-488C-BA58-8362FF9A9F18.jpeg

• Like 3