IGNORED

ALERT......for BM's not in pattaya. do not pre pay accomodation in soi 15 till you get here and look.

striderman

23 minutes ago, striderman said:

i thought the work day stopped around 18.00. but it's monday evening at 20 25 and i'm almost certain noise i can hear from my condo is coming from Soi 15.

I walked from Avenue residence to Mandala around 7PM and no roadwork was going on at that time however the crew working on upgrade of Neta resort opposite Whisper hotel were doing some very noisy metal work on the new fire escape stairway. 

• Like 2

Been out of town for a couple of days and forgot to close door to the balcony. Note condo is on 5th floor facing the cut road to Buakhao but still dust everywhere. Got 2 weeks left on the contract then I'm out of here.

Dusty tv bench

20220302_151632.thumb.jpg.ede21f796334df203239a04802244f1d.jpg

15 minutes ago, Kandinski said:

Been out of town for a couple of days and forgot to close door to the balcony. Note condo is on 5th floor facing the cut road to Buakhao but still dust everywhere. Got 2 weeks left on the contract then I'm out of here.

Dusty tv bench

20220302_151632.thumb.jpg.ede21f796334df203239a04802244f1d.jpg

Where are you going? If you don't mind telling.

The construction works parameters which has been stationery since the project started early January moved a bit up the soi yesterday and closing in on the 7/11 which they'll could reach in a months time or so. Access to Oakwood and Travel lodge will be obstructed very soon.

20220308_094543.thumb.jpg.a0f32a3a65785235d2f46a9888df6336.jpg

• Like 3

On 08/03/2022 at 20:11, Kandinski said:

The construction works parameters which has been stationery since the project started early January moved a bit up the soi yesterday and closing in on the 7/11 which they'll could reach in a months time or so. Access to Oakwood and Travel lodge will be obstructed very soon.

I have been trying NOT to point this out .. in case I misunderstand what your saying. Or I caused 25 pages of heated disagreement. 

And also .... its a pedantic point by me ☺.  Sorry !

BUT the works started in mid October 2021.    I made a note thinking it was good idea for me to remember when it started.  Notices beforehand said October and that was what occured.

Your 2 and half months out me thinks.

A note on display from ourJuristic was saying the bit up to Second Road from City Garden would be not passable till about Christmas. Errrrrr slightly under estimated.

So 5 months so far. Its only important if trying to guess when it is finished to Soi Buekhow.  

And they not round the Avenue bend yet.  It seems there is about 10 young guys and 10 young girls doing the work when it needs lots more.

Hey Ho ..... it wiil look nice when finished.  

1 hour ago, Wingeing Pom said:

A note on display from ourJuristic was saying the bit up to Second Road from City Garden would be not passable till about Christmas.

Christmas 2022 maybe... The worst part is my scooter looking like a dirt bike everyday. 

Can't wait for the mess during rainy season! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, frantick said:

Christmas 2022 maybe... The worst part is my scooter looking like a dirt bike everyday. 

Can't wait for the mess during rainy season! 

I forgot there is about 150 yards Second Road end they not even started yet.  I would avoid buying / renting in Soi 15 for about 18 months plus.

I guess employing just 20 cheap labour Cambodians to take so long doing the job, prolonging the mess .. saves the Town Hall / contractor money

..... but loses rental condo owners, hotels and bars etc etc etc a lot.

Hey Ho. Worse things happening ... 

Edited by Wingeing Pom

12 hours ago, Wingeing Pom said:

I have been trying NOT to point this out .. in case I misunderstand what your saying. Or I caused 25 pages of heated disagreement. 

And also .... its a pedantic point by me ☺.  Sorry !

BUT the works started in mid October 2021.    I made a note thinking it was good idea for me to remember when it started.  Notices beforehand said October and that was what occured.

Your 2 and half months out me thinks.

A note on display from ourJuristic was saying the bit up to Second Road from City Garden would be not passable till about Christmas. Errrrrr slightly under estimated.

So 5 months so far. Its only important if trying to guess when it is finished to Soi Buekhow.  

And they not round the Avenue bend yet.  It seems there is about 10 young guys and 10 young girls doing the work when it needs lots more.

Hey Ho ..... it wiil look nice when finished.  

Valuable update on when projects start which  gives a better ( and more scary) insight in the projects (very) slow progress.

Wouldn't be surprised if their timing is so perfect  they'll hit the soi Buakhao junction in December :P

• Thanks 1

if they can keep the same work crew without too much turnover of workers it is likely that they will get slightly faster doing repeat work. i still think december this year is possible but i doubt any earlier.

• Like 3

On 11/03/2022 at 16:39, striderman said:

if they can keep the same work crew without too much turnover of workers it is likely that they will get slightly faster doing repeat work. i still think december this year is possible but i doubt any earlier.

Problem with roads is the contractors are a very cutthroat game in Thailand, my ex worked for a road building company as the pay clerk and and looked after all the ordering of parts and materials,  they had a habit of beating other companies quotes, but then used less road base and materials, it’s a reason why there roads fuck up so quickly after being built.

Photos taken at Sunday 13th March 2022

No work on the SOI to Backhao.

My assessment is could still rant Grand Avenue right now 

IMG20220313090025.jpg

IMG20220313085908.jpg

IMG20220313085827.jpg

IMG20220313085622.jpg

IMG20220313090013.jpg

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

3 minutes ago, VLG said:

I'm hoping this don't extend to where Centara Azure and Korando's Bar are at....🤞

It will. There's a new sign up near the 7-11 "construction ahead". They made holes already (not the good kind.) I predict a shit show in my near future.

9 minutes ago, VLG said:

I'm hoping this don't extend to where Centara Azure and Korando's Bar are at....🤞

It will. IAW plans posted by the contractor (Dynamic Group) is  entire Soi 15 included in SOW, all the way to Buakhao. Without knowledge of masterplan its hard to guess when Korando's will be hit but could be within next couple of months 

Edited by Kandinski
Beer
  • Like 2

So would people recommend staying in The Base or The Edge or Grand Avenue for month of May?

Irish by Birth; Munster by Grace of God.

To the Brave and the Faithful, Nothing is Impossible.

CountdownClockCodes.com

8 minutes ago, JonnyR said:

So would people recommend staying in The Base or The Edge or Grand Avenue for month of May?

Not easy to say. Seems progress is very slow. At present, GA is no problem. 

Btw, I'd sooner BB a 50 YO BRFL than stay at Edge. 

11 minutes ago, JonnyR said:

Personally I would never recommend Base and Edge but they are located on Soi Diana and will not be affected by roadworks in Soi 15.

With the current progress I cant see how they will reach the Grand A before May but the risk is there

1 hour ago, Kandinski said:

Personally I would never recommend Base and Edge but they are located on Soi Diana and will not be affected by roadworks in Soi 15.

With the current progress I cant see how they will reach the Grand A before May but the risk is there

there will be noise issues. i am not on Soi 15 but i suffered for over 4 months. it's eased up now but it has been very loud over those months

• Like 2

What's wrong with the Base and Edge?  Sure they aren't the spacious layout of GA, but they are relatively nice buildings.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, PGSTC776 said:

What's wrong with the Base and Edge?  Sure they aren't the spacious layout of GA, but they are relatively nice buildings.

Well...that's one reason....another is just getting to your room...amenities would be the third.....location....

other than the view...and who goes to Patts for THAT view

21 hours ago, striderman said:

there will be noise issues. i am not on Soi 15 but i suffered for over 4 months. it's eased up now but it has been very loud over those months

So what do you reckon for May? Worth booking here if noise has stopped? I've stayed before and don't have a motorbike 

Irish by Birth; Munster by Grace of God.

To the Brave and the Faithful, Nothing is Impossible.

CountdownClockCodes.com

32 minutes ago, JonnyR said:

So what do you reckon for May? Worth booking here if noise has stopped? I've stayed before and don't have a motorbike 

it is just impossible to predict both for me or any of the other thread posters some of whom are staying on Soi 15. (maybe nick dean aka mystic meg may know )  i doubt even the Thai's in charge can estimate the pace of the work with any certainty. the best we can do is report any movements along the front lines. that is why my OP  does not  say avoid the soi it says wait till you get here look and then decide

1. the section from the back of wat chaimongkron (the big right hand bend to second rd approx 150 mtrs ) which is still to be tackled

2. from the edge of mercure/oakwood hotel round the avenue shopping centre bend to buakaow..............likely to be done in sections

Edited by striderman
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, JonnyR said:

So what do you reckon for May? Worth booking here if noise has stopped?

In May the mud may be worse than the noise.

FWIW, a friend is staying at the Urban and to order a Bolt he walks along the dirt road to Buakhao.

Ladyboy Review Forum http://www.ladyboyreview.com

For those brave enough to book on the 15 these day its not all that bad. All bars, restaurants and laundries operates normal hours however dont accept complaints of sand in glasses, noodles and pockets:P20220314_180956.thumb.jpg.081f3f8febaf97cdeb8bf6e92b71f86c.jpg