IGNORED

ALERT......for BM's not in pattaya. do not pre pay accomodation in soi 15 till you get here and look.

striderman

The construction work requires a good number of sheet pile walls rammed down and guess the million of overhead fiber cables came as a surprise on Dynamic's planner. On the leg from Urban to Avenue shopping is the one wall rammed down under the cables and inevitable there will be disruption of more lines. Stopped for 10min in front of Avenue residence and watched the ram snapped 5-6. will be interesting when piles are pulled ....Thai style. 20220211_154807.thumb.jpg.226d174eaa5f6dbe968cbdb73eeaa7a6.jpg20220211_155102.thumb.jpg.2f38442b4ad1dbc9fcc6b9997563f2ca.jpg

Edited by Kandinski

I lived in the Urban Condo on Soi 15 for several years.  The street definitely had a drainage problem in heavy rains, but since the Urban was built on a "artificial hill"  above street level, the ground floor of my building never flooded and even the basement parking level didn't have a serious problem.  Walking from 2nd Road to the Urban was only a hassle after the heaviest storms and I can't recall any problems walking from Soi Bukhao.    I used the unnamed, unpaved road that ran past the Whisper hotel several times a day and it was seldom difficult due to rain or flooding.  A pack of Soi dogs that lived in the empty land between Soi 15 and Soi Bukhao was a much bigger problem.

Noise WAS always a hassle at the Urban, especially at night because of the loud music from bars on Soi Bukhao.  I complained heavily to my landlord and he installed double-glazed noise reduction windows after I threatened to break the lease and move out.  The windows helped a lot- at least I could sleep- but didn't eliminate the after-midnight noise.  

I can only imagine what the noise would be like in the Urban with all the drainage work going on, especially if the apartment doesn't have noise-reduction windows. Anyone considering renting in Soi 15 in the near future should heed the warnings in this thread.  

Evil

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

On 09/02/2022 at 14:47, Ackruu123 said:

Someone told me the other day that the Centara Azure hotel is up for sale.  I guess the owners would rather not be around when the hotel becomes inaccessible.

1644417843190.jpg

That just raises so many worrying questions. AND WHO THE HELL sells a 4 star hotel on facebook marketplace not including the condos i have no words  

1 hour ago, poseidon5566 said:

That just raises so many worrying questions. AND WHO THE HELL sells a 4 star hotel on facebook marketplace not including the condos i have no words  

I will first comment on the drainage works, I know climate change has to be taken into consideration but so far my knowledge of most places where drainage works have been carried out in Pattaya seem to flood worse than before?

Secondly I agree it was strange to see the FB "purported" ad for Centara Azure but it did make me smile, for many of my trips I stayed at "Boomerang guest house" (sad it is no more, many great stays there) and watched in either awe or horror as it was built and then "patched up, particularly the "condo part".

When it first opened it never seemed that busy to me despite the impressive lobby/fish tank and restaurant and the "condos" never looked well populated, I admit my last trip was Dec 2018 so things may have changed but with the dreaded 19 outcome surely it is not so far been a "big earner". Of course there are some big investors in Thailand (especially the Chinese trying to get money out of their country) Just my view, I am certainly no expert!

The inevitable happened, the skilled machine operator cut power supply to the Urban. Cant tell how but a bunch of clean shirt engineers from PEAK is running around doing phone calls while the workers point to a trafo. Gone be fun in the soi coming months

20220212_155501.jpg

• Like 2

quality Thai pointing caught on camera 

Edited by striderman

5 minutes ago, striderman said:

quality Thai pointing caught on camera 

Well, the heavy equipment operator is the guy in gray shirt but he was told not to move finger so his compadre had to point for him:P

Boy --am i glad to see this thread

I can't say how many times i stayed at Centara Azure..  had a beautiful- huge  2 bedroom condo at the far end of C building.  LTGF has 2 kids that slept in second bedroom-  when her parents came i put them in the hotel.   Knew the condo  owner-  we dealt directly-  the combination on door was changed  so instant access.  The girl  who cleaned-- knew i needed extra towels.

And for so many years it was dead quiet because the room overlooked nothing.  My last trip in February 2020 it became very noisy because of all the new bars opening on Boomerang-  almost below my window-  now so many more bars have been built-  and now this.

Was thinking of moving to Grand Ave-  hesitated because almost no umbrellas or chairs around pool-  but maybe for a good while even that's not very bright.

If i can get there in the next few months-  might have to be a Pattaya newbe again.

TO QUOTE THE GREAT GEORGE BURNS

SEX AT MY AGE IS LIKE TRYING TO SHOOT POOL WITH A ROPE

IF YOU LIVE TO BE 100- YOU'VE GOT IT MADE. VERY FEW PEOPLE DIE PAST THAT AGE

7 hours ago, Kandinski said:

Well, the heavy equipment operator is the guy in gray shirt but he was told not to move finger so his compadre had to point for him:P

Looks like the guy in gray is getting ready to up the bid to two.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, TripleIPA said:

thanks so much for this, i almost just booked an airbnb on Soi 15 for next month. whew

From the day to day progress Im pretty sure they won't start on the soi Buakhao leg of Soi 15, from soi Piss to Buakhao, until earlist mid-March. Did however noticed they some days are doing long hours so they may fighting the clock, 20220211_191759.thumb.jpg.896382caacd31a3e292ed08c6e046774.jpgread rainy season

• Like 2

I have a place in Grand Avenue booked from October - December.  Hopefully things will be done by then.  Progress doesn't look too bad if I'm reading things correctly. 

Edited by PGSTC776

9 hours ago, PGSTC776 said:

I have a place in Grand Avenue booked from October - December.  Hopefully things will be done by then.  Progress doesn't look too bad if I'm reading things correctly. 

if it is completed by xmas i will be amazed

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Soi 15 today. Anyone know BG's do mud wrestling?20220215_154717.thumb.jpg.7864e99bb17c236266ddae656cf9e722.jpg20220215_154551.thumb.jpg.00338fa545adb20ece8d3039d80fe7e4.jpg

13 minutes ago, Kandinski said:

Soi 15 today. Anyone know BG's do mud wrestling?

About to head out to a nearby bar. Might see if I can come up with an answer. Hopefully by pictures...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

On 29/01/2022 at 08:54, Gonetothedogs said:

I’ve looked at that a couple of times but never stayed there.

is it decent?

In my opinion it is .I stayed in 2018 on my first visit and split my second visit between there and the cheaper Bay breeze on Soi Honey when I went in 2019 for a week. Bay breeze was about half the price.

13 hours ago, striderman said:

I don't know.  I had one of the girls I keep in touch with that lives in the complex check things out, and she spoke with several workers that suggested they expect to be done with the entire project by September, which echos what the staff are saying at Grand Avenue.  Throw in a little Thai time adjustment, and October seems like a reasonable estimate.  

Or it could push into summer of next year.  You never know in Thailand.

14 hours ago, striderman said:

They seemed to get various sections of beach road done pretty quickly. That was probably a bigger job than this.

Edited by Kale

Both directions of 15 and cut to Buakhao flooded today. For those who choose to ignore BM Striderman's warning for a long long time; bring your waders 20220216_094927.thumb.jpg.d2f1954818e78300c3ff6b29192bfb7d.jpg20220216_094922.thumb.jpg.3de3ad521688844bfd7182e62201e284.jpg

20220216_094932.jpg

Edited by Kandinski

On 07/02/2022 at 12:42, striderman said:

the mystery door..............

from inside the temple

Is one required to wear long trousers when walking through the temple grounds?

2 minutes ago, ocka said:

No. But I'd reconsider speedos and chang vests if that's the way one was leaning. That goes in general, though. 

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, Kandinski said:

Both directions of 15 and cut to Buakhao flooded today. For those who choose to ignore BM Striderman's warning for a long long time; bring your waders

Fair enough, but to be honest those pictures don't show any flooding.  Stuff gets wet when it rains. 

11 hours ago, ocka said:

No, shorts and T- shirts are considered appropriate 

3 hours ago, PGSTC776 said:

Fair enough, but to be honest those pictures don't show any flooding.  Stuff gets wet when it rains. 

You are right; some inches of sticky mud and the odd pothole doesn't qualifying to be called flooded. Apologize for the exaggeration
Edited by Kandinski
  • Like 2