Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

ALERT......for BM's not in pattaya. do not pre pay accomodation in soi 15 till you get here and look.

striderman

After reading this thread I saw the writing on the wall.

Moved out of the Grand, broke my lease happily forfeited my deposit.  

No way I am going to walk or drive my motorbike through the mud pit when construction reaches the Grand.  Other issues with Grand too.  Reminds me of D block San Quentin with pool…lol.

1 hour ago, TripleIPA said:

any other sois nearby bukhao/treetown under construction atm?  

Some minor road works but nothing you should worry about....at the moment 😊

I just spent hours and hours on airbnb and vrbo-  ok for so many years it was Centara Azure-  then was thinking Grand across the street-  now the mess

See beautiful 3 bedrooms for $71 in City Center Condo-  less at Urban  but i guess good reason

I can't find another condo complex or even house within walking distance of beach ( for less than hundreds a night)  with 2 bedrooms and a couch for LTGF kids to sleep on.  Nice place with air and pool.

Lots of stuff in Pratinac (sp?)  which is fine if you take taxi everywhere ( 4 to 6 ) people  -  or Jomtien for long baht bus ride 4 or 5 times a day

VT6  will still work when i am alone for monger portion- but anyone know of something i can't find in Pattaya proper where everything i know is located.????

And yes-  God only knows how much of that is out of business

TO QUOTE THE GREAT GEORGE BURNS

SEX AT MY AGE IS LIKE TRYING TO SHOOT POOL WITH A ROPE

IF YOU LIVE TO BE 100- YOU'VE GOT IT MADE. VERY FEW PEOPLE DIE PAST THAT AGE

On 12/02/2022 at 18:16, striderman said:

quality Thai pointing caught on camera 

Ha ha yes.

The workers are from Cambodia though. I asked them.

So they had to do an intensive course, on Thai pointing.

I have lost my 3BB twice through overhead cable damage by them .. but 3BB sorted within an hour both times. 

Edited by Wingeing Pom

18 hours ago, tookinky4her said:

Centara Azure

Centara Avenue has a backdoor leading out to soi Laundry. From there its safe walking to Soi Boomerang, Honey and Buakhao. There is a underground parking which is currently barriered of but will assume it will be in use later. 

20220217_113245.thumb.jpg.793f1b3bfd0c420e3810a363aa48eee8.jpg

Backdoor and access to Soi Boomerang 

20220218_093730.thumb.jpg.3feca54ab1b2098334d874886bf46172.jpg

Soi Laundry to soi Honey

20220217_113305.thumb.jpg.a34a125aef31b067d72f1be62919ff40.jpg

20220217_113353.thumb.jpg.56b668f702d04c5e05f366a28635c855.jpg

Soi Laundry to Buakhao 

20220217_113259.thumb.jpg.d890f23f55c1f4102194b4a66bff22ee.jpg20220217_113623.thumb.jpg.dd40fb055d7e8d77d8f001d6ef821aa0.jpg

That's handy to know about that centara avenue has a back entrance. Might have to stick it back on my possible airbnb list for when I get to pattaya mid March as would let me avoid the road chaos from the drainage works ( if it has even got to that part of soi 15  then).

Just out of interest do you still have to go via the hotel/reception area in this place to get to the condo residence  part when using the back entrance?

Hoping not as would reduce my risk of drama when I have a thai lady visiting me for a week during my time in pattaya  and could avoid the reception mentioning I've been bringing a different lady back each night which has been rather annoying when it has happened before. 🙄

Appears as construction is not isolated to only half of soi and the fun on 15 has merely started. Dynamic started digging a second trench on the other side of the soi last week leaving passage to 2nd road barely passable and access to temple blocked.

20220222_090157.thumb.jpg.32cfbc22dfb89002cfd0181f259fd45f.jpg20220222_090149.thumb.jpg.9658117ff78ea23ac4fd5f64ec45b9b9.jpg

• Like 2

On 21/02/2022 at 18:52, Kandinski said:

Appears as construction is not isolated to only half of soi and the fun on 15 has merely started. Dynamic started digging a second trench on the other side of the soi last week leaving passage to 2nd road barely passable and access to temple blocked.

Isn't this a good thing?  They'll be done quicker.

10 minutes ago, PGSTC776 said:

Isn't this a good thing?  They'll be done quicker.

On the contrary. At the moment is the 1st trench half completed up to Mercury and they only started on the 2nd a few days ago. Dono  what their masterplan is but if they going to run 2 trenches all the way up to Buakhao it's going to be a mess for a long long time. My prediction, based on holes already punched in the pavement, they will complete the work from 2nd road to the 7/11 behind Avenue sometime 1st half 2022 and proceed to Buakhao 2nd half 2022 (if they don't run out of fonds) 

For thoose who dont care for dirty shoes, sand in bed and daytime noise there are some incredible good deals in the soi at the moment and all the ladies I have had over comes from villages where they know how to negotiate dirt roads in high heels......... they take their shoes and do the good old bare feat walk :P

4 minutes ago, Arnie85 said:

They’ve done well building a trench to Mercury, that’s 164.43 million km. 

Mercure hotel. Sometime one just have to love the auto correct 😊

1 hour ago, raymie said:

Would there be much noise from this work if one was staying in the Areca Lodge

For the time being there shouldn't be any discomfort staying at Arena but when construction on the leg from Avenue shopping to Buakhao rooms facing soi 15  will be exposed to high noise and [shitloads] of dust from around 8:30AM to 6-7PM.

5 hours ago, Kandinski said:

Mercure hotel. Sometime one just have to love the auto correct 😊

my phone does the same. it's great to have a helpful Elf inside with predictive text. the only problem is he is pissed 24 hrs a day. 

as an update the "front line" is unchanged outside the mercure

11 minutes ago, striderman said:

as an update the "front line" is unchanged outside the mercure

They knocked up remaining concrete in front of Avenue residence today but what next steps will be is unclear 

My elf don't,  contrary to me, drink so unfortunately cant blamed it on her:P

Edited by Kandinski

20 minutes ago, Kandinski said:

shouldn't be any discomfort staying at Arena

Auto corrupt strikes again 😅

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

1 hour ago, raymie said:

Would there be much noise from this work if one was staying in the Areca Lodge

I’m staying at Oakwood which is much closer than Areca and I haven’t noticed any noise at all 

• Like 2

What's the perception for those on the ground at the speed of this work judging by what they are seeing as it develops  ??

At the rate they are going are we expecting them to start on the section from the back entry to The Avenue to Soi Backhao before Songkran or we thinking it be not starred by then ??

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

26 minutes ago, Tuna Town said:

What's the perception for those on the ground at the speed of this work judging by what they are seeing as it develops  ??

At the rate they are going are we expecting them to start on the section from the back entry to The Avenue to Soi Backhao before Songkran or we thinking it be not starred by then ??

Without thorough knowledge of the projects progress plan its difficult to predict but based on the slow progress they have done on since started in January I'll say no chance they'll reach Avenue shopping before Songkran. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, Gonetothedogs said:

I’m staying at Oakwood which is much closer than Areca and I haven’t noticed any noise at all 

Oakwood is located 100 meter from Soi 15 with half the rooms facing Grand Avenue and the other half sheltered by Travel lodge. 

Since Dynamic punched holes in pavement late January there has been no construction going on in that end of the soi. Assume noise will be minimal with hotels sheltered location but access will be restricted when construction reach the area

Driveway to Oakwood 

20220226_103503.thumb.jpg.8d11844cae77278bd2205df7bf4081e9.jpg

Travel lodge to the left, Oakwood 

20220226_103436.thumb.jpg.2ce92512e16dc2c068cec2c21d33c5e1.jpg

20 hours ago, Tuna Town said:

It seems to have advanced a few meters down the soi over the last couple of days, almost to the soi where Oakwood and travel lodge are 

i thought the work day stopped around 18.00. but it's monday evening at 20 25 and i'm almost certain noise i can hear from my condo is coming from Soi 15.