IGNORED

ALERT......for BM's not in pattaya. do not pre pay accomodation in soi 15 till you get here and look.

striderman

Every hotel in Pattaya has been a steal since January 2020.  Mercure was closed for about a year, be fascinated to know if they’ve done any of the rooms up.  They pumped a lot of money into the pool area in about 2018 but it was back to looking grotty again a year later.  

Intimate hotel would be a good alternative.  Soi Honey, 20 second walk to Second Road.  Or Baracuda right by the Avenue on Second Road, twice the price though probably. 

Edited by Arnie85

5 minutes ago, striderman said:

if i had to guess mercure rates  look like a steal right now.............but you can see why

It’s not even open until April. 

1 minute ago, Arnie85 said:

Intimate hotel would be a good alternative.  Soi Honey, 20 second walk to Second Road. 

I’ve looked at that a couple of times but never stayed there.

is it decent?

Just now, Gonetothedogs said:

It’s not even open until April. 

it was doing  the original 14/15 day  quarrantine at one stage. i used to see the coaches pulling up

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Arnie85 said:

Every hotel in Pattaya has been a steal since January 2020.  Mercure was closed for about a year, be fascinated to know if they’ve done any of the rooms up.  They pumped a lot of money into the pool area in about 2018 but it was back to looking grotty again a year later.  

I stayed there in December when they opened for a couple of weekends

The room I stayed in was one of the suite rooms and it hadn’t been refreshed in a few years. I still think they are good rooms are better than most places around there 

The pool had not been updated either, but it’s still nice and I was the only one there most days 

1 minute ago, striderman said:

it was doing  the original 14/15 day  quarrantine at one stage. i used to see the coaches pulling up

Yes I used to live at Grand Avenue and watched the prisoners on their balconies, bored out of their brains. It has only been open as a normal hotel for a couple of weekends in December, but is now closed again.

I’ve stayed a total of 9 months in that hotel over the last decade 

6 minutes ago, Gonetothedogs said:

I’ve looked at that a couple of times but never stayed there.

is it decent?

No it’s terrible that’s why I recommended it bud. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thai style cleaning, sprayed 3-4.000 liter of water from 7/11 to Avenue making the soi a mud pool. Bad choice for condo nowadays 20220129_170406.thumb.jpg.444663f1213910c15645590632cef92f.jpg

5 hours ago, striderman said:

there is no access to 2nd road even on FOOT  other than via the avenue. so if you were in say pattaya city garden condo your only way in and out is to go to 2nd road it's via the dirt road to buakaow and start from there. Soi 15 in normal times is quite a convenient location but now a simple stroll  from city garden (and several other condos) to villa supermarket is now a journey via buakaow. the noise is constant 7 days a week and this is a job needing many month of work. i sent pics to a BM here now who has stayed several times at the avenue residence and when he arrived and went to look his comment was "it's even worse in real life than your photos"

Yes

But most people staying in Soi 15 are staying Centara Grand Avenue Travelodge or one if of the the guest houses down near Hideaway

So at this point in time they would be in the clear other than dealing with some noise 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

6 hours ago, Gonetothedogs said:

Mercure is a thousand times better than Harry’s. Like not even close

Stayed in both

Harrys is my go to ST hotel

Last time took a chick ST in there after I had checked out of my hotel and was killing time in Pattaya awaiting a flight to Farangland and decided to bust a nut.

She bled and it looked like a crime scene by the time we left.

Good deal at 400 baht for the room

• Haha 1

I wonder if these drainage works are meant to fix the flooding problem that caused the basement car park at Grand Avenue to fill with water.

2 hours ago, ocka said:

I wonder if these drainage works are meant to fix the flooding problem that caused the basement car park at Grand Avenue to fill with water.

I think it's probably safe to assume that; Grand Avenue was hit the hardest, but it's not the only one that suffered damage.  I imagine this is an attempt to prevent the mess from happening again.

• Like 2

On 29/01/2022 at 15:55, striderman said:

I used to see the coaches arrive too when passing the Mercure. (It was like something out of a horror movie .. head to toe protection suits worn by hotel staff.  I read somewhere on this forum it was only for returning Thai nationals).

But I have not seen any signs that its been open for a long time.

Ref the road works .. it seems a huge task being done by too small a number of workers and machines. But what do I know.

I am not complaining .. just saying.  

4 months of chaos so far.  They are going down 20 feet or more. I will be amazed if it aint 2 or 3 months (plus) more before they move round the Avenue Mall corner. Then 6 months plus to get to Soi Buekhow.

Thats something for Grand Avenue and the other condo/hotel's guests to look forward to. I would not be moving in to them any time soon.

Edited by Wingeing Pom
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Wingeing Pom said:

Ref the road works .. it seems a huge task being done by too small a number of workers and machines. B

4 months of chaos so far.  They are going down 20 feet or more. I will be amazed if it aint 2 or 3 months (plus) more before they move round the Avenue Mall corner. Then 6 months plus to get to Soi Buekhow.

Thats something for Grand Avenue and the other condo/hotel's guests to look forward to. I would not be moving in to them any time soon.

i took sme more photos this morning with another BM. we both said just not enough workers and a number of machines there but sitting idle. if this is completed before the end of the year i will be amazed. anyway today we managed to egress from wat chaimongkron back entrance to Soi 15 and make it all the way to the avenue. it is a building site. in the west it would all be fenced off but it's thailand. some days this trip will be possible on foot , some days not. some photos......

1500770468_31jan039(Custom).JPG.151df7cd926b79d6041f51113d8ece26.JPG

looking towards second road with performing worker

1622060688_31jan050(Custom).JPG.d7eb8d9f504225e44f4c14bd6a9d50a3.JPG

second road in distance

1145042085_31jan043(Custom).JPG.95c6779a71259f4910d3bfa4a7013f4a.JPG

it's a mess

434676788_31jan047(Custom).JPG.b1eb8df0d6d0bdd15614e6bc923714c2.JPG

236749182_31jan056(Custom).JPG.e1fc3a0cd3b17f5b0584a1de39a67c0f.JPG

idle machine

1783493660_31jan057(Custom).JPG.c70af0d3b206d5d342e9f0c668853edf.JPG

vehicle access is via the dirt road past the whisper hotel  to buakaow

1385665715_31jan058(Custom).JPG.71d91eeef18cf790471e1feb07cb44ac.JPG

unless you had a long term rental contract already in place or a condo owner it's time to look elsewhere for now.

at some stage as mentioned by whingeing pom the work will switch to the section from the avenue  shopping centre to buakaow. timescale for that unknown

1598352295_31jan053(Custom).JPG.daf260e74eb4ba207e3605239e07d328.JPG

their plan pic showing the run from buakaow towards the  avenue with  C/L  (presumably centre line)

1413184737_31jan054(Custom).JPG.ed1077f0942175821fc2aad6c4ef32ef.JPG

the mess is 1 thing. it's also the noise 7 days a week from  09.00 to 18.00. they have been disturbing me for months and my condo is not on Soi 15 by at least 100 mtrs

Edited by striderman

33 minutes ago, Gonetothedogs said:

How’s access to Oakwood hotel at the moment?

ok at the moment from the avenue shopping side. not from second road

Man. I was thinking of booking a place at Grand Avenue for a month or two in October, but it doesn’t look like they will get this done by then.  

I guess I’ll give VT6 a look again, but a few of the girls I know insist the place is haunted, and tell me they don’t want to spend the night there haha. 

27 minutes ago, PGSTC776 said:

Man. I was thinking of booking a place at Grand Avenue for a month or two in October, but it doesn’t look like they will get this done by then.  

I guess I’ll give VT6 a look again, but a few of the girls I know insist the place is haunted, and tell me they don’t want to spend the night there haha. 

Yep, “many people die there, have many ghost”

Hear that every time I mention it 

6 hours ago, PGSTC776 said:

I've been in VT6 for 2+ years, brought many ladies, never had one refuse.

On 31/01/2022 at 19:16, Wingeing Pom said:

At least those at the posh end of Soi 15 were spared

Didn't knew there where a posh end of Soi 15. What end would that be? 2nd road end?

1 hour ago, Kandinski said:

Didn't knew there where a posh end of Soi 15. What end would that be? 2nd road end?

Yeah sorry. 

I must keep off the beer when reading PA. I often think I am being light hearted and jokey. But thats me.

In the morning I read it ... and am become horrified to realise some will not pick up, that it is ... only poor ATTEMPTED humour. I blame the beer.

I was also being chilled at the pain in rear, roadworks. I try to not be serious.

Sense of humour police are often on my case. 

Hey Ho. 

No posh end of Soi 15

Edited by Wingeing Pom
  • Haha 2

Looks like Grand Avenue might not be a good idea for awhile.  They are set back in from the Soi a ways though.

Edited by Kale