IGNORED

ALERT......for BM's not in pattaya. do not pre pay accomodation in soi 15 till you get here and look.

striderman

4 minutes ago, aussielongboat said:

how are things looking outside the centara azure, i'm scheduled to stay there for most of June.

the road surface has been punched with the "gopher holes"  so far that's it. exact timetable unknown.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

59 minutes ago, aussielongboat said:

how are things looking outside the centara azure, i'm scheduled to stay there for most of June.

34A4B880-1F70-40BC-BEAE-BFF5E749C33F.jpeg.d9c29975944ab1282fe70c14d6e92461.jpeg

One of things i was told a while ago about thai road construction etc, the reason they dig the whole lot up and make a really big mess is so that they don't lose part of the job to another contractor.

That's why you don't see section 1 start and finish and then section 2 etc. they like to make an unholy mess from start to finish and then no one will come in and take over the latter stages 

i remember when they were doing Pattaya Klang they dug about about 3 klms of road before they had laid and back-filled any pipe .

apparently that is the reason

57 minutes ago, Arnie85 said:
1 hour ago, aussielongboat said:

34A4B880-1F70-40BC-BEAE-BFF5E749C33F.jpeg.d9c29975944ab1282fe70c14d6e92461.jpeg

46 minutes ago, aussielongboat said:

That's why you don't see section 1 start and finish and then section 2 etc. they like to make an unholy mess from start to finish and then no one will come in and take over the latter stages 

I guess it works for them,  but that's a helluva way to run a railroad.  😉

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

On 29/04/2022 at 12:10, Johnnyo2015 said:

Oh my God I'm so glad I came across this thread as I was about to pull the trigger on a sweet deal at The Avenue Residence.

Guys please advise me, I'm arriving in 2 weeks and as I said I'm ready to book. Now looking at the YT video which was very helpful it's basically an assault course up until the back of the Avenue and the SD cut. 

Now I'm not bothered by the noise but mainly the access, I don't want to take the detour as mentioned and would like to easily walk from the Avenue mall itself to either The Avenue Residence, Grand Avenue or Centara Avenue without going through a muddy assault course but I'm slightly confused as some people are saying the garden condo section now has concrete but I take it from the back of the Avenue up to the Avenue residence is still covered in mud?

Can someone please clarify?

ok. i did a walk today from second rd to buakaow. it's fine up to the entrance to the urban condo complex. after that it is mud central from there past the avenue residence to the start of the mercure hotel. outside that it has fresh concrete but there is then another mud section to cross before you reach the avenue shopping centre/villa supermarket.

the bit between avenue mall and buakaow remains the same as previous reports with the road section still there but perforated by gopher holes that reach to the far end of centara azure hotel.

the slow rate of progress i blame on a combination of lack of worker numbers and poor supervision / foremen etc. there is almost always a lot of sitting down instead of getting on with the work in hand.

11 30 and now heavy rain to add to the muddy section problems. right now i would not be staying in the avenue residence unless i owned the unit

Edited by striderman

this morning they have started digging up the section on 1 side of Soi 15 from the avenue mall to the little cut to soi diana

10 hours ago, striderman said:

this morning they have started digging up the section on 1 side of Soi 15 from the avenue mall to the little cut to soi diana

Are the 2 or 3 massage shops still open opposite the Soi Bukahow 15 entrance to this short cut alley?

There used to be a busy 7/11 opposite them as well.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, PeterStewart66 said:

Are the 2 or 3 massage shops still open opposite the Soi Bukahow 15 entrance to this short cut alley?

There used to be a busy 7/11 opposite them as well.

Thanks.

they were open this morning. i'm sure they will try and stay open but these are difficult times for traders in Soi 15. this morning there was no access to avenue mall in or out for even motorcy. this may have been only this morning it might be different by tomorrow

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 04/05/2022 at 01:11, striderman said:

the road surface has been punched with the "gopher holes"  so far that's it. exact timetable unknown.

Hi Striderman,

Any further updates from on the ground about works or when Avenue to Bukahow will be at its worse and guess of when work will finish.

Thanks.

24 minutes ago, PeterStewart66 said:

Any further updates from on the ground about works or when Avenue to Bukahow will be at its worse and guess of when work will finish.

None. Work has only extended to in front of the Avenue mall. Still easy enough to enter. Seems to progress at snails pace.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, PeterStewart66 said:

Hi Striderman,

Thanks.

progress is painfully slow. it's moving like molasses in the winter time. i was there about 3 days ago and the " front line" was as per the photo above. there is simply a lack of numbers of workers to get it done in a timely manor. i just don't know but it's already past the middle of month 5 so if it's done by xmas which was my original guess............it's possible but i can't say for sure. i do not have the mystical powers of the NDTVi presenter.

i still think the current plan is to complete the section from the back of the wat chaimongkron temple to the avenue mall to give large vehicle access to the condos and the mercure hotel plus the mall on that part of Soi 15. (some more concrete roadway has been added near the avenue residence condo) then tackle the mall to buakoaw and finally the 100 mtr piece of the soi  from the rear of the temple to second road.

Edited by striderman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

It will all turn south some time  shortly after 11th June.

I got a deposit on a Booking at Grand Avenue that needs cancelling on that date otherwise it is balls deep going all in on a 3 week gamble on the roadworks not happening until my trip is done 

Love to come on here and see them going hard core ripping it up down to Backhao so I can cancel my booking now and only lose about 4000 baht of my deposit but I don't see that happening 

9 minutes ago, Tuna Town said:

will all turn south some time  shortly after 11th June.

I got a deposit on a Booking at Grand Avenue that needs cancelling on that date otherwise it is balls deep

I will bet you June at GA is going to be just fine. Granted, my builder experience is mainly lego. But at the rate things are progressing I'd be shocked if you encounter any problem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Thomaz73 said:

I will bet you June at GA is going to be just fine. Granted, my builder experience is mainly lego. But at the rate things are progressing I'd be shocked if you encounter any problem.

Just from the way things seem to be progressing as posted here, it doesn't look like the main entrance to GA will be tore up until August or so.  Who knows how all the coming rain will affect progression.  It looks to me like GA for October on is going to be... bad. 

There are too many cars/owners in GA for them to completely block the entrance/exit IMO...but who knows TiT.  FFS still...if you are visiting and don't have a vehicle/bike.....can it really get that bad?  I guess for me as someone that walks everywhere...or hops on baht buses/grabs/bolts...I don't see the big deal.

May be a big deal when the Bolt can’t get anywhere near your accomodation and the road is a muddy quagmire that you can barely walk through. Based upon what happened to the area in front of Mercure. 

Exactly. Plus the reports of noise and dust in the early stages.

1 hour ago, The Danimal said:

There are too many cars/owners in GA for them to completely block the entrance/exit IMO...but who knows TiT.  FFS still...if you are visiting and don't have a vehicle/bike.....can it really get that bad?  I guess for me as someone that walks everywhere...or hops on baht buses/grabs/bolts...I don't see the big deal.

The big issues I see are just getting your shoes all caked in dirt constantly, and the noise.  I initially dismissed the noise complaints until I spoke with a friend that was staying at The Edge condo and he said he could hear it from there for a while.  It has to be pretty damn loud to hear it from that distance. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Arnie85 said:

May be a big deal when the Bolt can’t get anywhere near your accomodation and the road is a muddy quagmire that you can barely walk through. Based upon what happened to the area in front of Mercure. 

again...you can walk to second road or Buakhao in less than 1-2 minutes...and it is much easier to grab transport from Avenue Mall any way

and regardless of construction if it rains it's a muddy mess...so this muddy argument/point is moot IMO

2 hours ago, Thomaz73 said:

Exactly. Plus the reports of noise and dust in the early stages.

You live in GA...and I trust your opinion...has it been bad?  Granted when I was there I didn't hear...see...smell...feel anything?  I am also in the back of Building C top floor.  Maybe as work gets closer there is some dust (again to me...no big deal unless it's an inch a day or affects my breathing)...but is the noise that bad with windows/doors closed?  I don't think many leave their doors open when it is 38 Celsius from 9am to 5 pm when the construction is going on.  Would love your honest take once things ramp up. 

1 hour ago, PGSTC776 said:

The big issues I see are just getting your shoes all caked in dirt constantly, and the noise.  I initially dismissed the noise complaints until I spoke with a friend that was staying at The Edge condo and he said he could hear it from there for a while.  It has to be pretty damn loud to hear it from that distance. 

Again..is the noise that bad with windows/doors closed?  I don't think many leave their doors open when it is 38 Celsius from 9am to 5 pm when the construction is going on.  Would love your honest take once things ramp up....and regardless of construction if it rains it's a muddy mess...so this muddy argument/point is moot IMO,,,no rain...no issue IMO.

4 minutes ago, The Danimal said:

You live in GA...and I trust your opinion...has it been bad? 

No no. Not yet as work hasn't reached that far. But from many reports from affected sections it was not good. I tried walking through that part of the soi recently. Just out of curiosity. And I could definitely see it wouldn't be fun to live with. 

8 minutes ago, The Danimal said:

I don't think many leave their doors open when it is 38 Celsius from 9am to 5 pm when the construction is going on

I do :) which adds to my fears. On the other hand, my contract is up in September. So might very well escape the worst.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Thomaz73 said:

No no. Not yet as work hasn't reached that far. But from many reports from affected sections it was not good. I tried walking through that part of the soi recently. Just out of curiosity. And I could definitely see it wouldn't be fun to live with. 

I do :) which adds to my fears. On the other hand, my contract is up in September. So might very well escape the worst.

Mine is up in July, and like you even though I like GA, I will probably leave then. 

6 minutes ago, Thomaz73 said:

555 I have AC on ALLLLLLL day and night...so I can honestly say dust/noise...no issue..but if you leave your place open....could be quite an issue!

As of 19 May, 2022 (Behind The Avenues)

Soi 15.jpg

Edited by Greg_B