IGNORED

ALERT......for BM's not in pattaya. do not pre pay accomodation in soi 15 till you get here and look.

striderman

On 14/06/2022 at 20:27, Tuna Town said:

I am moving into Grand Avenue on Saturday for 2 weeks and will need vehicle access 

So my guess it should move along  Soi 15 towards Backhao sometime then 

I doubt it. Progress is very slow. 
it’s taken about 8 months to go from the temple to the corner going into the Avenue/Villa Car Park. 

Is it completely finished now on the Mercure side down to the Wat back entrance, or is it still down to one lane?

55 minutes ago, Arnie85 said:

Is it completely finished now on the Mercure side down to the Wat back entrance, or is it still down to one lane?

Both lanes cemented from 2nd road as far as the back entrance to The Avenue. 
No access to Villa car park yet though. That corner is closed off. 
The straight section from the corner to soi Buakeow hasn’t started yet. 

52 minutes ago, Geordie59 said:

Both lanes cemented from 2nd road as far as the back entrance to The Avenue. 

No new cement from Second Road to the temple side entrance. That has yet to be done. 

34 minutes ago, Bazle said:

No new cement from Second Road to the temple side entrance. That has yet to be done. 

Yes. But probably not until after the rest of the street is finished. For now it is cement from 2nd road up to the 90degree corner meaning a lot less mess, noise, heavy machinery etc on that stretch. 

49 minutes ago, Geordie59 said:

Yes. But probably not until after the rest of the street is finished. For now it is cement from 2nd road up to the 90degree corner meaning a lot less mess, noise, heavy machinery etc on that stretch. 

no. the completed cement road is from the back of the temple to the avenue shopping complex/90 deg. current work site compressed from the  bend up to and including the cut to diana. the 100 mtr from the rear of the temple to second road is still to be tackled and i like others think this will be done last............and it will be thump thump thump again for me.

Edited by striderman

Ask a simple yes/no question and get two completely different answers. Only on Pattaya Addicts!

1 hour ago, Arnie85 said:

Ask a simple yes/no question and get two completely different answers. Only on Pattaya Addicts!

i live nearby. i have been covid / here since before the start of this project. i am on the case 2/3 times a week sometimes more . my info is as accurate and up to date as i can manage

the last time i was by the current works was monday. the last time i was back of the temple to second road was this tuesday morning

Edited by striderman
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Arnie85 said:

Not very difficult to work out which is the correct one, though.

• Haha 1

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

3 hours ago, Geordie59 said:

For now it is cement from 2nd road up to the 90degree corner meaning a lot less mess, noise, heavy machinery etc on that stretch. 

This is what it is:

20220621_201618.thumb.jpg.86e8a301c4cc115d78bbb37041979525.jpg

• Like 2

I was hoping to stay at Grand Avenue Condos first week of July at though Airbnb. Im staying 20 days.

I know its difficult to predict, but what you guys think the roadwork situation will be by then?

3 hours ago, Panther85 said:

I was hoping to stay at Grand Avenue Condos first week of July at though Airbnb. Im staying 20 days.

I know its difficult to predict, but what you guys think the roadwork situation will be by then?

I think you'll be fine. Access to the nearest 7-11, the Avenue mall, and (hence) 2nd road can be problematic at times, though. 

But, again, my opinion is worth, re-checks notes... Fuckall.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Wouldn't bother trying to get a Bolt taxi from Grand Ave, I booked one last night, and my phone dinged to say that my driver was 2 minutes away.

Then my Bolt app, said he was 6 minutes away, then it changed to 8 minutes away. I could see on the map where my drivers car was. And could also see he was basically going round in circles trying to access Grand Ave from Second Rd, and he obviously couldn't.

Canceled the Bolt, and took a motorbike taxi.

Edited by Farangkie

I tried to warn a FB post asking about GA for 3 months from December about possible problems, I feel a bit guilty?

Should be okay if it’s FROM December.   Taking a risk if it’s anytime before December in my opinion.  

I booked Areca for August.. how do you know if you're in the evergreen building or in the older side? I'm only familiar with the LK Metro side because I never explored soi buakeow.. would it be smarter for me to switch to LK Metropole? That's where I had my buddy book... or should we both move somewhere better?

Areca faces Soi Diana so access won’t be a problem, you can come and go through the other side. Are you concerned about noise?

Edited by Arnie85

4 hours ago, Vrocca said:

I booked Areca for August.. how do you know if you're in the evergreen building or in the older side? I'm only familiar with the LK Metro side because I never explored soi buakeow.. would it be smarter for me to switch to LK Metropole? That's where I had my buddy book... or should we both move somewhere better?

I'm at the Areca now. You can't exit at the back where the Evergreen build is. When I was there back in December and again in March you could slip out the back my moving the screen barricade and put it back. Now since they move the work to that section, they put up a larger barricade and you can get out at the back to get the backside of the Avenue.

This has nothing to do with the front of the hotel which is just across Soi Diana from the LK Metro area.  

To find out which one of the 3 buildings you're booked in, just get on their website and find the type room you have and that will show you which building. 

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

1 hour ago, LeoTex said:

I'm at the Areca now. You can't exit at the back where the Evergreen build is. When I was there back in December and again in March you could slip out the back my moving the screen barricade and put it back. Now since they move the work to that section, they put up a larger barricade and you can get out at the back to get the backside of the Avenue.

This has nothing to do with the front of the hotel which is just across Soi Diana from the LK Metro area.  

To find out which one of the 3 buildings you're booked in, just get on their website and find the type room you have and that will show you which building. 

LeoTex, can you hear the construction noise from Areca at the moment?  I am booked into the Evergreen for August and this is my biggest concern, I suspect the diggers will be pretty much right outside the back of the Evergreen around that time...

1 hour ago, Ballon said:

LeoTex, can you hear the construction noise from Areca at the moment?  I am booked into the Evergreen for August and this is my biggest concern, I suspect the diggers will be pretty much right outside the back of the Evergreen around that time...

this morning i estimated the distance between the edge of the works and grand avenue condo...........120 feet / 37 mtrs. the rear of Areca is within that figure. as already stated the evergreen entrance to Areca is closed off and has been for sometime. timescale who knows

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ballon said:

Not yet, they are working on the corner and looks like they will start moving up to the Soi soon. I'm sure they will working behind the Areca Evergreen at that time.

• Like 2

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

Tough gig for those massage girls in the last photo, not sure how their customers get to them 🤣🤣