IGNORED

Australia / England Ashes test series 21/22

mikeyboy

8 hours ago, froddo said:

Nathan Lyon aka The Goat strides to the wicket at number 3. Expect him to be 60 not at lunch tomorrow

I'm expecting the England pace attack to come out firing tomorrow , Goat sent packing within a couple of overs and Mark Wood bowling with real fire and pace  to have Oz 6 down at lunch  still 50 behind !!

I'm allowed to dream aren't  i  ?

In reality it does not matter how many or few Australia score as the English batting is totally spineless and i expect them to fold again second innings . 

Mikeyboy

3 hours ago, mikeyboy said:

I'm allowed to dream aren't  i  ?

I wish the players would dream a bit.  As it is I’m likely to miss another day in front of the TV.  One sided contest is no good for anyone.   

Go poms…but not too much.

Embarrasing, i used to hear the term 'Bring em home' from some people if England were having a really bad series, more apt now than ever.

3 hours ago, vimto66 said:

Embarrasing, i used to hear the term 'Bring em home' from some people if England were having a really bad series, more apt now than ever.

Was thinking the same thing. Perhaps Namibia should take over the last two tests ...

( It sucks being f***d over, Aussies not know for their sensitivities using lube during the process)

6 hours ago, keepitfun said:

I wish the players would dream a bit.  As it is I’m likely to miss another day in front of the TV.  One sided contest is no good for anyone.   

Go poms…but not too much.

Well , they are going a little bit now  Oz 110 -4 , Jimmy moving the ball around .

Not getting too excited though .

Mikeyboy 

Impressive fight back today from the English bowlers, I think this is going to a very interesting couple of days ahead. 
Alan Border on Fox Cricket said he thought it would tough to chase down something around 200 in the last innings on this pitch so if the England batters can replicate the bowlers effort they’re going to make a game of it. 

Well, well, well. Do we have a game at last.

Probably just gave England the kiss of death with that comment.

• Haha 2

Again.... 3 for fuckall...Batting is the Pom's problem not the attack...

oops edit: make that 4 for fuckall

Edited by dave01
  • Like 3

Aussie bowlers absolutely fired up that last session, great to see the MCG full of life again

• Like 1

wasn't so happy with our first dig with the bat but jeez the crew with the ball are holding there end up go Scotty boland 

1 hour ago, ShortTime said:

It won’t be interesting!

the Poms will be lucky to get 150

ha 100 might be a stuggle

11 minutes ago, murrinman said:

go Scotty boland 

Victorian lad magnificently supported by the crowd…..his first “runs” were a leg bye and the crowd booos the ump.   So good.    He was fired up in that last session.  Great to see.   

I wonder if Shane Warne has uttered anything good about starky yet.    Sensational again and with the bat.

Good lord, I can’t imagine being an English bowler after working hard all day long to make a game of it only to have the top order do that (night watchman Leach certainly not up to night watchman Lyon’s standard).
I’ll adjust my earlier prediction, test over in 3 days. It’s definitely on for a 5 - 0 at this rate. 

Todays TMS podcast is taking longer to be put up on bbc website than this English innings will last

www.sugarcanemafia.com

10 minutes ago, Dr No said:

I’ll adjust my earlier prediction, test over in 3 days. It’s definitely on for a 5 - 0 at this rate. 

Yep, they won’t finish day 3 so may as well call it now.   Send em home.

I think Aussies vs commentators would be a better spectacle for the last 2 tests…..Ponting, botham, pistol,  hodge,  McGrath, gawd, even Bradshaw. Did I see Gower this morning.   Is isa guha here too?

5 minutes ago, keepitfun said:

Yep, they won’t finish day 3 so may as well call it now.   Send em home.

I think Aussies vs commentators would be a better spectacle for the last 2 tests…..Ponting, botham, pistol,  hodge,  McGrath, gawd, even Bradshaw. Did I see Gower this morning.   Is isa guha here too?

Isa is here, she’s commentating on Fox alongside Vaughan, Warnie, Gillie, Haddin, A.B and Scull. 

Edited by Dr No

7 minutes ago, Dr No said:

Isa is here, she’s commentating on Fox alongside Vaughan, Warnie, Gillie, Haddin, A.B and Scull. 

Well that makes a team.  I’d pay to go see

Might be a pom or two thinking about sneaking out to the nearest pub...  Might catch covid and get sent home...  Might even get the whole team sent home and no 5 nil loss possible...  :Beer:

5 hours ago, Dr No said:

Impressive fight back today from the English bowlers, I think this is going to a very interesting couple of days ahead. 
Alan Border on Fox Cricket said he thought it would tough to chase down something around 200 in the last innings on this pitch so if the England batters can replicate the bowlers effort they’re going to make a game of it. 

Feel a little for the Bowlers , always under pressure after the Batsmen mess up time after time .. 

Root and company need to really dig in to set any sort of target 4th innings .  Can't see it happening though , point of no return ...   Cummins and Starc smell blood and too good. 

Mikeyboy

• Like 1

Triple M bloody great radio commentary of Bolands two wickets. Main presenter pommy lady Izzy (Isabelle Westbury }. Bloody great funj

• Like 2

www.sugarcanemafia.com

17 hours ago, ShortTime said:

It won’t be interesting!

the Poms will be lucky to get 150

Did I say 150??

stupid me always gives the POMS too much credit! 

the POMMY batsmen I think cant wait too get out and have a warm beer