IGNORED

Australia / England Ashes test series 21/22

mikeyboy

One good thing about being a Pom in Thailand is - it’s on at a good time to watch.

The bad news is - it’s on at a good time to watch 🙈🙈🙈

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Myself , coming from a different quarter of Great Britain, doesn't really care who's playing England , from cricket to tiddlywinks. As long as they get beaten

😋😋😋

And now we know why they gave up their wickets so easily…they didn’t want to get wet.

2 hours ago, Ipso said:

Myself , coming from a different quarter of Great Britain, doesn't really care who's playing England , from cricket to tiddlywinks. As long as they get beaten

😋😋😋

Thanks for your concern from the frozen tundra .  The feeling is very much mutual  :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Mikeyboy

• Like 3

147 after electing to (bat)  sounds bloody awful ,  maybe a good toss to lose or were England abysmal !  Sorry i havn't seen a ball bowled yet . 

Will see how Australia get on before shedding a tear :):)   

Can't believe neither Broad or Anderson playing !!   Does the England camp know something we don't ?? 

Mikeyboy 

13 minutes ago, mikeyboy said:

Thanks for your concern from the frozen tundra .  The feeling is very much mutual  :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Mikeyboy

I mean know offence to my English brethren , it is the commentators that have got the game won 

Before it has even kicked of that ruffles our feathers up here in the frozen tundra.😁

30 minutes ago, mikeyboy said:

147 after electing to (bat)  sounds bloody awful ,  maybe a good toss to lose or were England abysmal !  Sorry i havn't seen a ball bowled yet . 

Will see how Australia get on before shedding a tear :):)   

Can't believe neither Broad or Anderson playing !!   Does the England camp know something we don't ?? 

Mikeyboy 

Yeah no one told them it would be Fkkn cloudy is my guess. Jimmy’s not fit tho I gather.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

England scored more than I expected tbh. Only hope is the Brisbane weather - it’s been wetter than Manchester recently.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

5 hours ago, davidge said:

England scored more than I expected tbh. Only hope is the Brisbane weather - it’s been wetter than Manchester recently.

The drainage at the Gabba is very good and minimal time will be spent drying up .   Any side being bowled out for 147 after electing to bat does not deserve the weather coming to the rescue .

England have to be better with the ball than bat ??? 

Cant quite believe 1200 test wickets between them bowlers , are sitting watching ..      Are they both injured ? 

2 or 3 early wickets a must for England . 

Mikeyboy 

4 minutes ago, mikeyboy said:

The drainage at the Gabba is very good and minimal time will be spent drying up .   Any side being bowled out for 147 after electing to bat does not deserve the weather coming to the rescue .

England have to be better with the ball than bat ??? 

Cant quite believe 1200 test wickets between them bowlers , are sitting watching ..      Are they both injured ? 

2 or 3 early wickets a must for England . 

Mikeyboy 

The hard truth is the current batsmen are the best around at the moment. You could argue about a couple of changes but it would pretty much be the same standard. It’s the result of the ECB undermining the County Championship for years.

The bowling is in better shape, though they have made some odd choices. Often base on whose face fits, and being ‘one of the boys’, rather than actual ability.

Initial reports said Anderson had a calf strain but then England said they just hadn’t intended selecting him for Brisbane but were getting him ready for Adelaide. They don’t think he can play 5 tests in a row. Broad has had very little cricket so he really is behind a few others now. I can’t see Wood managing 5 tests either so there will be some rotation.

I was expecting 4-0 or 5-0 before the series started. It wouldn’t surprise me if a couple of England players fly home half way through either. Some weren’t very keen to go in the first place.

4 of the top 6 for OZ have been playing red ball cricket for a month & Warner & Smith will adjust quickly so I think OZ have the rub of the green in that aspect. They can start their innings fresh in the morning & without Broad to terrorise Warner I expect OZ to make 300+

www.sugarcanemafia.com

When I got up this morning at 5am & checked the score, I thought it said 147-1,  then had another look  :(

• Haha 2

On a positive note, England would be really good at snooker

The fielding was as bad as the batting. Absolutely dire. They look a broken side already.

3 hours ago, davidge said:

The fielding was as bad as the batting. Absolutely dire. They look a broken side already.

Couldn't believe Stokes no ball...would have completely changed the tone and result of the game. 

3 minutes ago, Olderhand said:

Couldn't believe Stokes no ball...would have completely changed the tone and result of the game. 

He bowled 14 no balls in the first session. The technology used for the 3rd umpire to call them wasn’t working so they only bothered checking when a wicket fell.

3 hours ago, davidge said:

He bowled 14 no balls in the first session. The technology used for the 3rd umpire to call them wasn’t working so they only bothered checking when a wicket fell.

That's shocking, both that the tech . wasn't working , they have only had a year between home tests , and Stokes bowling that many no balls ,

This game has gone for England , need to make Australia at least fight for it .  Turned out that it was a good toss to lose !

Mikeyboy

9 minutes ago, mikeyboy said:

That's shocking, both that the tech . wasn't working , they have only had a year between home tests , and Stokes bowling that many no balls ,

This game has gone for England , need to make Australia at least fight for it .  Turned out that it was a good toss to lose !

Mikeyboy

I’m pretty sure snicko wasn’t working either. No idea what was going on.

Agree that this game has gone. Don’t really hold out much hope for the series either.

• Like 2