IGNORED

Australia / England Ashes test series 21/22

mikeyboy

Less than a week before this great sporting contest resumes ,  and it will be a relief when it does get going .

Plenty happening off the pitch in the build up .      Australia with a new Captain  Pat Cummins and vice captain Steve Smith  .  England welcoming back Ben Stokes , but Jofra Archer unfit .   5 th test In Perth may not be able to take place because of strict Covid rules , so Melbourne may have a second match , under lights .. 

Both teams are short of practice / warm up games because of bad weather, and Australia have only played 3 tests in the last 18 months .     Will be fun when it starts ..

Mikeyboy

Aussies already predicting a 5 nil whitewash. Didn't they recently get beaten by the Indian C team in Oz recently.

Looking forward to England getting their opening pair sorted. 🏏 😁

1 hour ago, Olderhand said:

Aussies already predicting a 5 nil whitewash. Didn't they recently get beaten by the Indian C team in Oz recently.

Looking forward to England getting their opening pair sorted. 🏏 😁

Link please ?

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Have a watch of The grade Cricketer on YouTube. Aussie produced. They have had some awesome guests for a channel with under 100k subscribers. Their last guest was Pat Cummings, who I really like as a Cricketer. Great choice for captian.

• Like 2

Yes ,  i think Pat Cummins is a good choice , and had the good sense to insist on Steve Smith as his vice captain .

Just don't let Davy Warner in on the conversation !

Mikeyboy

Edited by mikeyboy
add
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5th Test in Perth , mid January has been cancelled due to Covid rules in WA  .

Four other venues where it could be switched to  are Sydney , Melbourne , Hobart and Canberra  .    My choice would be Hobart for a day night test , pink ball and a juicy greentop !!

Mikeyboy 

If it was the old waca I’d Say missing the test there was an advantage to the poms but the new pitch isn’t quite so scary.    No great loss and quite frankly, WA lost their right to a test when they decoupled from the rest of Australia.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mikeyboy said:

My choice would be Hobart for a day night test , pink ball and a juicy greentop !!

Will be interesting, probably they will go with the mcg, fair chance of a bigger crowd.

19 hours ago, keepitfun said:

Will be interesting, probably they will go with the mcg, fair chance of a bigger crowd.

Fair chance of a draw also imho...

• Like 1

Anderson out of first test with calf injury. They’ve gone for Pope not Bairstow at 6. Looks like a choice between Leach and Broad for the final place.

4928BC53-9581-4B95-A0C1-407B6D70F8D6.jpeg

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

A0E72285-7C76-458B-931F-431096D94621.jpeg

33 minutes ago, davidge said:

A0E72285-7C76-458B-931F-431096D94621.jpeg

Lovely ,

Similar in Colour to the wickets i produce in Surrey late April !    Cutting and lots of rolling will soon lessen the green tinge .

Plenty of rain in Brisbane recently , toss could be very important .

Broad will play ahead of Mark Wood , and both may play ahead of Jack Leach if pitch still green at toss .   

Mikeyboy

Edited by mikeyboy
add

Joe Root has named his team to win the Ashes, it’s Australia.

• Haha 3

Right you Aussies, got your sandpaper at the ready? Already had the tears at the press conference from an Aussie player and I'm sure Broady is ready to rip through your team.

Warner must be very happy Anderson is not playing for the first, he might get more than 5 in the first test 😉

Love a bit of Ashes banter, will be nice to watch it with a cold one in a bar in Thailand rather than the middle of teh night in the UK

2 minutes ago, Stokielad said:

Right you Aussies, got your sandpaper at the ready?

Right you Poms - stocked up with Murray Mints ?

Life must be lived forward, but can only be understood backwards.

And off with our first mistake, dropping Broad and Anderson, just seems plain daft.

Oh crap

11 minutes ago, Stokielad said:

Oh crap

More like 

Oh crap

Oh crap

Oh crap

Not a good start for the Poms, but both sides need to bat once to really see what’s going on. 

Is that the time? Sorry work tomorrow, have to go to bed, hopefully there is still match to play on Day 2 :)

• Haha 1

Terrible start, won't last long if it carries on this way 

I'm watching it on BT sports, but all the commentators are Aussies...

50 minutes ago, Olderhand said:

I'm watching it on BT sports, but all the commentators are Aussies...

unbiased coverage then 555

2-3 wickets in the next session will set the tone for the rest of the match

www.sugarcanemafia.com