Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Australia / England Ashes test series 21/22

mikeyboy

England 46/1  Boland gets Hameed .    Was bound to happen , just a matter of time.

Crawley at least positive , 

Pitch up and down now , plenty in it for the Seamers  

Edited by mikeyboy
add

Goat strikes

Gold coin entry today

www.sugarcanemafia.com

Well done England, 3 for after 46 overs. The next 34 will be crucial before the new ball. If they can get to tea 4 or at worst 5 for then they’re a chance of a draw. If Stokes and Root fall before tea I think it will be all over. Good to see a bit of ticker being shown by the Poms. 

5 hours ago, keepitfun said:

How nervous is Root.    

He has been a Dud Root this series, although the other batsmen have let England down badly. The Poms are now 5 down with about maybe an hour and a half to go. If either Bairstow or Buttler goes soon, I think it will be curtains for the Poms, but I have a feeling that they will hang on for a draw.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Best performance by the Poms since they got here. Where has the fight been hiding?  Well done!!!

Testicles

Well , there were enough times during this match for people to ponder what might have been .  

Can't think that England should celebrate a hard earned draw too much ,  but after the first three massacres (tests) i suppose it is a step in the right direction , with some decent performances from some of the players , so credit where it's due .

Let's hope they stay competitive in Hobart .

Mikeyboy

2 hours ago, mikeyboy said:

i suppose it is a step in the right direction , with some decent performances from some of the players , so credit where it's due .

Let's hope they stay competitive in Hobart .

Mikeyboy

Yes agree fair is fair. Roll on Hobart

Edited by Zeb

Life must be lived forward, but can only be understood backwards.

What direction is that.................still havent made 300 runs in an innings, failed to take 20 wickets in any of the tests and were 120 runs behind 9 wickets down in a match that lost many overs due to rain

Keep dreaming.............England all is OK

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Shuggy said:

Best performance by the Poms since they got here. Where has the fight been hiding?  Well done!!!

Bairstow the Brave and an obviously injured Stokes can hold their heads high. England did not so much have to win in Sydney but stop the run of losses which they did. Even their bowlers were at times respectable, so mission accomplished for now I think.

• Like 2

image.png

1 hour ago, James023 said:

What direction is that.................still havent made 300 runs in an innings, failed to take 20 wickets in any of the tests and were 120 runs behind 9 wickets down in a match that lost many overs due to rain

Keep dreaming.............England all is OK

Don't believe for one minute anyone thinks all is okay with England  , maybe Chris Silverwood does , but he is clueless .

It will be a surprise if Australia does not dominate in Hobart , England need to compete again , and showed in Sydney they can .

Mikeyboy 

Catches win matches. If Harris had taken the straight forward catch off Stoke's I think it would have been over an hour after tea.

For all the upbeat talk about Englands bowling Aust declared both innings & were well ahead in the match, Really can't see much changing in Hobart

www.sugarcanemafia.com

Tomorrow’s pitch:

0AF38803-C260-4E88-A8BF-ADCF7E74A675.jpeg

• Like 1

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

There’s a story about Jim Laker, when he was playing for Essex right at the end of his career, and Trevor Bailey asked him what he thought of the pitch at Chelmsford: 'Sorry skipper, I couldn't find it'.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Aus 3/12….ok boys that’s enough  of a start.

Edited by keepitfun

1 minute ago, keepitfun said:

Aus 3/12….ok boys that enough of a start.

Well slap me round the face with a wet kipper. First time I’ve not watched it and I miss all the fun 🤣🤣

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Thought it was going to be a one day match there for a while...

12 hours ago, keepitfun said:

Aus 3/12….ok boys that’s enough  of a start.

241/6 at close , after another ton by Travis and 77 from Cam Green , Australia should be happy .

Not so the crowd , who were cheated out of a chunk of the days play by umpires who spotted rain when effectively there wasn't any .   

Hobart had waited a long time for another test match , people paid good money and were short changed  . 

Not good enough ..

Mikeyboy    

Now to see if the Pom batsmen turn up ?

Life must be lived forward, but can only be understood backwards.

4 hours ago, mikeyboy said:

Hobart had waited a long time for another test match , people paid good money and were short changed  . 

Not good enough ..

Mikeyboy    

All 9002 of them. They might host Bangladesh or the Afghans but should never ever get the rights to a high quality fixture again

As  I stated before catches win matches & the drop off Marnus will cost the poms the game. He & Head took the game away from England. Great to see Green score some quality 1st innings runs. The game will not make into the 5th day

www.sugarcanemafia.com

17 minutes ago, froddo said:

All 9002 of them. They might host Bangladesh or the Afghans but should never ever get the rights to a high quality fixture again

As  I stated before catches win matches & the drop off Marnus will cost the poms the game. He & Head took the game away from England. Great to see Green score some quality 1st innings runs. The game will not make into the 5th day

What is the ground capacity at Hobart ? , i only ask because England have hosted Australia in out grounds recently before , i'm thinking Cardiff for instance a few years ago but it was first test of the series and a sellout .   

This is a dead match , but i guess tickets went on sale weeks ago .  

Cricket thrives on mistakes , its the currency of the game , and still plenty of time in this game for more drops .

Lets hope the weather holds 

Mikeyboy

Covid capacity 11000 but 500 more tickets were released. If you can't have a full ground for the first day of an ashes test you never will.

If Aust bat thru the 2 1/2 hrs of the first session against the old ball & I expect them too the game will be over. England will have to face 2 sessions under lights & will be lucky to not be all out at close of play

www.sugarcanemafia.com