Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Australia / England Ashes test series 21/22

mikeyboy

Snicko didn't get set up in time for Bris, but will be back for the ADL test.

I read somewhere it was something to do with our QLD borders causing delays

• Like 2

12 hours ago, mikeyboy said:

That's shocking, both that the tech . wasn't working , they have only had a year between home tests , and Stokes bowling that many no balls ,

This game has gone for England , need to make Australia at least fight for it .  Turned out that it was a good toss to lose !

Mikeyboy

Agree it’s not a good look that the technology isn’t being used in this test. I think everyone expects it to be up to scratch no matter which side you’re supporting. 
We need to be told exactly why, ‘a computer failure’ simply isn’t good enough, this is the Ashes 2021. 

Stokes may have adjusted his run up had he been called for the 14 missed no balls, on the flip side, Aus should have at least 14 more runs to their total, can you imagine the uproar if those runs become a factor in the result? 

Add to that, has top class umpiring simply given up on calling the no ball nowadays? Do these guys even bother looking? They knew the tech wasn’t working but appear to have chosen to not ever look down at the popping crease. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, davidge said:

I’m pretty sure snicko wasn’t working either. No idea what was going on.

Agree that this game has gone. Don’t really hold out much hope for the series either.

I think this will go at least into Day 5, Aus should win it but it’s not going to the walkover everyone thought it would be after day 1. The fact the Poms push it into a 5th day to me signals a much closer series than some expect. 

• Like 2

Faaark 2 for 220…I may have gotten excited too early

Edited by keepitfun

Good lord.  Hobart on for the 5th test. Fairness overcomes economics.  

should be fun

Got to agree .   Good for you Hobart , now order up 5 days of Sun !

As this test has progressed it looks like batting first was a big mistake , but Pat Cummins said he thought about doing exactly that .   

No proper warm up games for either side has been tough , at least the cricket is competitive now .

5 minutes ago, keepitfun said:

Good lord.  Hobart on for the 5th test. Fairness overcomes economics.  

should be fun

Okay so it appears the jetlag is finally clearing up and England have at last turned up. Some solid looking play from the batsmen on Day Three, still a lot to do but at least we have shown there is a bit of fight in  this team. Going to be a very key first session, I'll be watching that as I'm packing the bag to come to Thailand :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png                                                                                      

3 hours ago, Dr No said:

Agree it’s not a good look that the technology isn’t being used in this test. I think everyone expects it to be up to scratch no matter which side you’re supporting. 
We need to be told exactly why, ‘a computer failure’ simply isn’t good enough, this is the Ashes 2021. 

BBC is saying it’s because there’s only one tech guy and he is unable to travel into Queensland. 

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

31 minutes ago, whitespider said:

BBC is saying it’s because there’s only one tech guy and he is unable to travel into Queensland. 

That sounds about right, our borders in QLD don't open to much of the country until Monday.

The tech guy would have had to sit in quarantine for 14 days. Seems like a bad idea to have one guy who can do it, he must have some good leverage in wage negotiations.

11 minutes ago, yesandno said:

That sounds about right, our borders in QLD don't open to much of the country until Monday.

The tech guy would have had to sit in quarantine for 14 days. Seems like a bad idea to have one guy who can do it, he must have some good leverage in wage negotiations.

That was my initial reaction bud. Having one guy only seems a little silly, and tbh probably unlikely. How accurate that report was I have no idea.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Well, where there’s hope ….. 😂😂

Current probability allegedly stands at

Aussie win 77%

Draw 15%

England win 8%

Morning sesh will be vital - fresh bowlers, I assume a new ball. Probably the best bowler in the world and a fired up Starc.

If Root and Malan see the morning out we might sneak up to 10% 😂😂

Edited by alohaww

3 wickets lost before the new ball taken .

All the hard work of day 3 flushed down the toilet , England flatter to deceive .

250- 5 still 28 behind

Edited by mikeyboy
add

Stokes going early in his innings was a big wicket, yep the Aussies will win the 1st Test but this second innings by the Poms shows all is not lost and hopefully the other Tests will be cracking games. I want to see the Aussies win but a contest is great viewing. I’ll reserve my judgement till after the D/N in Adelaide. 

Poms fined and docked Test Championship points for appallingly slow over rate.  Good to see. 3rd lowest over rate in a Test in Oz...

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, dave01 said:

Poms fined and docked Test Championship points for appallingly slow over rate.  Good to see. 3rd lowest over rate in a Test in Oz...

Well they knew the hotel bar didn't open for another couple of hours so hung around as long as possible ....

Yeah a shitshow for the 1st test, I will defend them that they have literally played no actual cricket for months and then straight into a Gabba Ashes showdown was always a recipe for disaster but they need to get their act together quickly. I don't want a bunch of Aussies giving me shit in the bars in Pattaya for the next month :)

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png                                                                                      

1 hour ago, dave01 said:

Nice to hear ,  15 an hour should be easy to do .  If all the missed no balls had been re bowled i think that might have dropped it to about 12 overs an hour . 

Not good enough and an insult to the paying public.

Mikeyboy

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, mikeyboy said:

Not good enough and an insult to the paying public.

That's my point...people pay good money and expect 90 overs in a day.. they get robbed often enough by rain and light delays, and really don't need a team deliberately bowling slow over rates... and yeah, I'm still a bit miffed that slow over rates cost us a place in WTC final this year  555

Most runs for England in Test cricket in 2021:

Root: 1,544 @ 64.33
Burns: 492 @ 28.94
Pope: 359 @ 23.93
Sibley: 356 @ 19.77
Lawrence: 354 @ 27.23
Bairstow: 351 @ 25.07
Buttler: 319 @ 29.00
Stokes: 222 @ 22.20
Malan: 194 @ 38.80
Hameed: 192 @ 27.42
Crawley: 156 @ 11.14

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

22 hours ago, dave01 said:

That's my point...people pay good money and expect 90 overs in a day.. they get robbed often enough by rain and light delays, and really don't need a team deliberately bowling slow over rates... and yeah, I'm still a bit miffed that slow over rates cost us a place in WTC final this year  555

WTC rules before this series stated , deduction of 20% of match fee per over short of required number .

David Boon , match ref. decided 5 overs short , so England players lost their entire match fee .

Travis Head lost 15% of his match fee for an audible obscenity , so it appears at least the microphones were working !! 

Mikeyboy

On 06/12/2021 at 19:16, mikeyboy said:

5th Test in Perth , mid January has been cancelled due to Covid rules in WA  .

Four other venues where it could be switched to  are Sydney , Melbourne , Hobart and Canberra  .    My choice would be Hobart for a day night test , pink ball and a juicy greentop !!

Mikeyboy 

You got your way.