IGNORED

Australia / England Ashes test series 21/22

mikeyboy

Shambles.

4 hours ago, keepitfun said:

Those Aussie bowlers though…

8E0E0A00-0631-4F0C-A95D-A191237CD362.thumb.jpeg.7a087e399d3f0a96064a0aae70e5c146.jpeg

You think England might be happy if that’s what their top order looked like? 555

Edited by Dr No

England bundled out for 230 odd ,  Malan and Root again with a decent partnership to 150/2 then last 8 wickets go for 80 .

Piss poor effort , nowhere near good enough .   

Oz 45/1  second time , lead nearly 300,   and with the ball starting to spin no way back for England , 

Mikeyboy 

Root and Malan are the only positives to come out of this for English supporters.

Maybe the English players should not follow Union ruled too closely; one out all out 😪

I think England expected to roll up to the day-nighter in Adelaide based on what Anderson did 4 yrs ago & OZ would roll over so they based their selections in both tests on that. Test cricket is not a 90 minute game & also because this test is being played later in the year the d/n swing period is 30 minutes shorter. IMO the England brains trust is as much to blame as the players. No spinner, bah humbug

www.sugarcanemafia.com

44 minutes ago, froddo said:

I think England expected to roll up to the day-nighter in Adelaide based on what Anderson did 4 yrs ago & OZ would roll over so they based their selections in both tests on that. Test cricket is not a 90 minute game & also because this test is being played later in the year the d/n swing period is 30 minutes shorter. IMO the England brains trust is as much to blame as the players. No spinner, bah humbug

Looked like England were eying up this Adelaide test as one they had a real chance in . 

Brisbane , Broad and or Anderson should have played and England bowled after winning the toss , batting first on a Juicy green top was as dumb as it gets  .   Leach ineffective as the wicket lost its early spice and got smacked about .

Adelaide and Leach needed in the side , ball turning on day 3   

England playing with zero confidence , but you have to make the right decisions to give yourself half a chance .

Australia have played well , but England have made it very easy for them .

Changes have to be made in Melbourne , i would make four .

Mikeyboy      

Had the misfortune of watching England's woeful efforts in Le Pub yesterday, glad I was surrounded by some lovely girls to take my mind off the fully depressing "performance". Not even putting up a fight is shocking, they might as well come home now, I'm avoiding Aussies in Pattaya :)

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png                                                                                      

great series so far  reckon we can go 5 -nil what do you poms reckon ???

6 hours ago, davidge said:

829B5257-DCD4-479B-8E63-57B834ACBBEE.jpeg

Sums it up really, looking pretty bleak for today 

I predicted 5-0 or 4-0.

It’s still worse than I imagined.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

3 hours ago, davidge said:

I predicted 5-0 or 4-0.

It’s still worse than I imagined.

Am thinking that anything is still possible.  This is only the second test and injuries/niggles are starting to mount on both sides.  The five, five day tests have been jammed together with no rest day during each.  Covid could also play a larger part.  Already the Aussie captain has missed the second test.  Just saying...

Us Aussies are great at falling into a false sense of security and blowing our shot at a clean sweep, I'm not ruling out a bit of a comeback either.

how good is covid gives Paddy Cummins a week off so he super fired up for the 3rd test  

Just sat thru the commentary "experts" talking about what the Poms can do next test. All they were talking about was the bowling attack and what changes to make.... HELLO.. right at this minute they are 4/82. IMO, the problem is the brittle top order.. quite often they are 3/for not much. I actually feel for the pom attack. Their batsmen are the problem...not the attack.

• Like 2

Go Aussies! Thank the lord that my great great great grandfather stole a loaf of bread

• Haha 3

I am starting to think that these 2 Pommy bastards batting now may even save England in this Test. That catch that Carey let go through may be a turning point in the series.

I hope I am wrong!

2 minutes ago, gentleenforcer said:

I am starting to think that these 2 Pommy bastards batting now may even save England in this Test. That catch that Carey let go through may be a turning point in the series.

I hope I am wrong!

Obviously I spoke too soon...Pommies gone within an hour!. 

• Haha 2

When we hoped it would be Broad and Jimmy to the rescue I don’t think we quite meant it like this 😂😂

• Haha 2