IGNORED

Who’s Going To Win The World Soccer Cup

WalterA

19 hours ago, everard said:

when i was on the commitee of above mentioned club,[we were running 2 teams and a junior team out of there]did not see one brass razoo percolating down,brother in law ran a boys team [till recently] and all he got was aggravation off jobsworth park keepers when taking the kids training.my father ran the london mitre boys club in waterloo[ as well as the news of the world ,[newspaper team]and he went round local pubs doing raffles etc to raise funds,perhaps things have changed will believe it when i see it,in those days people did it for their love of the game.

Many of these are still around not just in the UK but worldwide. Football has definitely improved. You don't see double digit scores anymore .... although writing this after England's and Belgium's big wins doesn't help ................ a lot of lesser nations are closing the gap.

Grassroots? Go to any country in the world and you'll see as many people playing with 2 bags as goalpost and no lines ........... clubs will form from those kickabouts and maybe a birth of a great club in the 2040/2050's? For decades , football clubs have worked with budgets to run the club and there will never be enough money .......... even if you are the Barcas or Man Cs of this world. When you get a new set of nicely design jerseys from Adidas , you want a 2nd away set. When you get a free new bus to ferry you to away games , you want a jet! There are still thousands and thousands of people running clubs purely for the love of the game with no personal financial gains ............ we just don't hear of them till they are not there anymore.

Your views are solely based on where you are but football worldwide has never been better.

Ding Ding ...... Please remember to like and subscribe.

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a shambles this Portugal Iran game has been, ref has lost the plot with the VAR completely

19 minutes ago, PR1977 said:

What a shambles this Portugal Iran game has been, ref has lost the plot with the VAR completely

I missed the game, what happened, controversy?

................................................................................................................

Completely varcical!!

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

24 minutes ago, Mick Pattaya said:

Referee making himself centre of attention, referring practically everything to VAR (even decisions he's standing looking at from 10 yards away), VAR taking forever and then the actual decision being made after VAR (e.g. the ridiculous Iran penalty, yellow card instead of red for Ronaldo after he swings his arm and aims his elbow at an opponent's head) being incorrect.....meanwhile the players and coaching staff whilst the play has stopped for the reviews having a go at each other. Players berating the ref to go to VAR over almost every incident...... Iran had a great chance at the end to win it after the farcical penalty they got and if it had gone in and Portugal had gone out there would have been carnage. Apparently there was similar VAR controversy in the Spain Morocco game too from which Spain profited and as a result they top the group and get the easier fixture in the next round v Russia, which is also the fixture outcome which will generate the most interest, viewing figures and revenue.......

In effect this is the first day of the knockout stage with the last group games so stakes a bit higher, but at this rate everything will go to VAR as the tournament goes on with referees not wanting to make any decisions and players trying to put them under pressure ....fair enough video replays might work for the ball being over the line etc but most other decisions are totally subjective and might end up being made on the basis of which team is deemed more important or who shouts the loudest /has the most behind the scenes clout /will generate the highest viewing figures and sponsorship

I don’t think Portugal is an elite team.

7 hours ago, Mick Pattaya said:

Ronaldo should have been red-carded.

18 hours ago, jimmy2sheds said:

They also have most of europe and probably south america wishing them to get knocked out as soon as possible so we can stop hearing about how they are going to win it just like 66. England are shite.

I assume you're team are watching it all on TV?

10 hours ago, Explorer8939 said:

Doesn’t look like Russia is that strong.

They are the lowest ranked team in the Tournament, their first two wins were a bit of a surprise.

Play Spain next, so unlikely to progress.

I thought England had no chance but looking at some of the rubbish games from the so called "best" teams maybe they do.

16 minutes ago, chris2004 said:

I thought England had no chance but looking at some of the rubbish games from the so called "best" teams maybe they do.

You always have a chance when it reaches the knockout stages - being good at penalty shootouts 

helps, and is where England have so often faltered in the past.

11 hours ago, Captain Dave said:

I assume you're team are watching it all on TV?

No my team is playing england on thursday. England are shit

1 hour ago, jimmy2sheds said:

No my team is playing england on thursday. England are shit

We shall see.

You're previous posts suggested a 'chip on both shoulder' Celtic heritage,

rather than a weird 'mayonnaise on our chips' one whose main contribution to European

culture is a little boy pissing into a fountain.

That, BTW, is banter before you take offence, and I'm not the one calling anybody's team shit.

Messi has woken looks like he is up for this one, 

Maradona looks impressed and looks off his head in the crowd gotta love him. Legend.

Nigeria was robbed ... Scandalous decision from the ref . 

47 minutes ago, jocky king said:

Nigeria was robbed ... Scandalous decision from the ref . 

Its down to the ref's interpretation, wasn't a intentional handball & the ref did check the VAR screen.

................................................................................................................

France Vs Argentina on Saturday will be some game , Croatia will play against Denmark . 

7 hours ago, keepitfun said:

Not Australia.

Pretty disappointing last game for them.

On 21/06/2018 at 19:23, Tripp said:

I can honestly say that I don't give a fuck.  It's an intensly boring game played by over payed jessies.  I see that they now publish the 'dive of the day',  that says it all !  

I don't know you're nationality and thats not an issue with me. As an Australian I am constantly amazed at the disrespect given by my fellow countrymen to the World Game. You don't see Football  (Soccer ) supporters slagging off American Football or Rugby. I think this criticism is a result of xenophobia IMHO .

3 minutes ago, ronboy said:

As an Australian I am constantly amazed at the disrespect given by my fellow countrymen to the World Game. You don't see Football  (Soccer ) supporters slagging off American Football or Rugby. I think this criticism is a result of xenophobia IMHO 

Aussies sledge everything. Listen to the league and afl boys get into each other. Personally think it is about the acting of players rolling on the ground writhing in pain for no reason. Tough to respect crap like that and even tougher to respect a sport where it decides outcomes.

1 hour ago, ronboy said:

I don't know you're nationality and thats not an issue with me. As an Australian I am constantly amazed at the disrespect given by my fellow countrymen to the World Game. You don't see Football  (Soccer ) supporters slagging off American Football or Rugby. I think this criticism is a result of xenophobia IMHO .

They do it all the time mate, you must walk around with your ears closed.  Not that I really care, they are only games, its hardly life or death.   I just get peeded off at the hero worship footballers get,  which is totally unwarrented,  the massive corruption and cheating  that surrounds a good many 'sports', but specifically  football, cycling and athletics.  And finally, at least for me, the game is just so fucking boring to watch, like watching paint dry.  Xenophobia has got bugger all to do with it, I include all the teams and players equally.

2 hours ago, Tarl said:

Personally think it is about the acting of players rolling on the ground writhing in pain for no reason. Tough to respect crap like that and even tougher to respect a sport where it decides outcomes.

You got to remember a Football player(soccer) is not built for high impact like rugby. . Combined with a player fouled at fast speed their injury is genuine. . I watch my sons play in adult competitions and even a slight bump can result in them off injured.

If you're slightly  fouled in the box you have fall down.  If you try and go on and have a shot your off-balance and maybe not score. 

The margins for a win are much less in Football compared to other football codes. I have played Rugby union so understand this different. The mentality in Rugby Union and League is big hits which your expected not to react to. :D

Archived