IGNORED

Who’s Going To Win The World Soccer Cup

WalterA

22 minutes ago, Taptap said:

What's soccer? That's the real football played with feet, not the one where a "real" armoured man grabs a spheroidal shaped "ball" in his hands and runs for his life. How does it justify the name? Not played with feet, not a ball which is a sphere.

And I live in America :Party1:

same shape as an Aussie Rules Football, is that football? No idea really.  How about kick offs and field goals.  It does get kicked. but mainly held, which saves NFL players from trying to 'pass' a ball more than 5 yards without giving it to an opposing player, which seems to be the norm in soccer.  Oh, and get paid millions for being unable to do it regularly and with any kind of talent.  No wonder they keep falling over and acting hurt. It keeps their glossed up hair in place.  God forbid that the likes of that jessie Ronaldo goes on the field without his pedicure and glossed up locks in perfect place.  

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, glenman said:

Just a shame it's boring as fuck :)

It's like gladatorial chess game on a football field.  As they say in the US, with some justification, it's the greatest show on turf.  Can't  recall the last time there was a nil nil draw in the NFL, probably never, or maybe once or twice in 100 years.  I wonder how many there will be in the soccer World Cup? 

40 minutes ago, Tripp said:

It's like gladatorial chess game on a football field.  As they say in the US, with some justification, it's the greatest show on turf.  Can't  recall the last time there was a nil nil draw in the NFL, probably never, or maybe once or twice in 100 years.  I wonder how many there will be in the soccer World Cup? 

There will be none from the next round that I can guarantee:D let's not derail this thread anymore and keep discussing the World cup football 2018

:P

Not a great fan but watched the 1 - 1 draw Australia v Denmark & enjoyed it, plenty of action. Aust has to beat Peru then hope France beats Denmark to advance to the last 16

www.sugarcanemafia.com

4 hours ago, Tripp said:

I thought real football, played by real men, to a set of conditions/rules/financial laws that make sense,  is NFL in the US ? :) 

While I do enjoy American Football , especially those cheerleaders are yummy , it dosent even come close to the kind of passion and emotions stirred in real football. It’s not the worlds biggest sport by a huge margin for nothing. 

I have never liked the saying “real men”, what is that ...some butch dude who likes to cut down trees and secretly like to dress in woman’s clothing. We are all different so why should we be measured to some stereotype.

Real football my ass! nothing in this world is more boring than soccer, I hate the way those homo's celebrate when they score a goal, they carry on like 16 year old girls at a Bieber concert!

2 minutes ago, Hansuman said:

Real football my ass! nothing in this world is more boring than soccer, I hate the way those homo's celebrate when they score a goal, they carry on like 16 year old girls at a Bieber concert!

Up to you what you like, billions love it .....but what has football players sexuality anything to do with the game of fotball ? 

Up to them how they want to celebrate, nothing writing wrong with some bro love. 

43 minutes ago, Hansuman said:

support at last  :)

On 6/21/2018 at 10:04, WalterA said:

Except for GoGo Dancing and Poker, I have very little interest in sports. That said, I am a little interested in the World Cup.

Who‘s gonna win, definitely not Australia! Germany? Brazil? UK? Russians?

Maybe the Germans?

Well you certainly showed your lack of interest Walter.

Its the World Football cup (not soccer) and the UK ain't init - England are.

As to the winners, England will beat Argentina in the final 1-0 due to a blatent hand-ball in the 97th minute

missed by the new video system.

Maradona has a cardiac arrest in the press box, howling about "the hand of Lucifer".

PS: Maybe not meeting Argentina in the final after Croatia's demolition job last night.

Iceland perhaps?

3 hours ago, froddo said:

Not a great fan but watched the 1 - 1 draw Australia v Denmark & enjoyed it, plenty of action. Aust has to beat Peru then hope France beats Denmark to advance to the last 16

Exciting game and I was cheering Australia on - they could have won it several times late on.

Bloody good Denmark goal.

4 hours ago, Tripp said:

A thrilling 0-0 draw can be as exciting as any with goals, though I do appreciate some can't understand this.

How can anyone get excited as a basketball team score their 87th point?

I guess its different strokes for different folks.

6 hours ago, Balamory said:

I concur that most “soccer “ players act like big jessies (thought that was a UK term ),but NFL players are jessies imo as well,Rugby is a mans game,full contact played by athletes,without a crash helmet in sight ! 

I look forward to you informing Vinnie Jones he's just a big jessie.

1 minute ago, Captain Dave said:

A thrilling 0-0 draw can be as exciting as any with goals, though I do appreciate some can't understand this.

Yes, I can see that and I agree about basketball, which I really don't understand the attraction of at all.  But I bet it's fun to pla. y

Just now, Tripp said:

Yes, I can see that and I agree about basketball, which I really don't understand the attraction of at all.  But I bet it's fun to pla. y

Only if you're 8 feet tall.

Which is another advantage of Footy - you don't need to be built like a brick shit-house or a giraffe to play.

I tried to watch some of the world cup this week its not really for me but I will watch the finals though as I can appreciate professional athletes at the top level in most sports. 

13 minutes ago, Captain Dave said:

Agree 100% none football fans would never understand though, in certain circumstances a 0-0 backs to the wall performance can be hugely satisfying, not just for entertainment value either!

11 minutes ago, Captain Dave said:

Which is another advantage of Footy - you don't need to be built like a brick shit-house or a giraffe to play.

CC its not footy its football, your standards are slipping!:)

2 minutes ago, vimto66 said:

Agree 100% none football fans would never understand though, in certain circumstances a 0-0 backs to the wall performance can be hugely satisfying, not just for entertainment value either!

We appreciate a thuggish defensive display at Elland Road.

1 minute ago, vimto66 said:

CC its not footy its football, your standards are slipping!:)

It rarely gets as good a standard as Football at Leeds

1 minute ago, Captain Dave said:

We appreciate a thuggish defensive display at Elland Road.

Seen plenty in my time, and i saw a lot of defending last season!:D

6 minutes ago, lfc4dp said:

Russia will win it and bump up the prices their gogos even more.

i had to laugh that after only two wins everyone is demanding to see the Russian drug test results!

Thai women seem to wear these soccer shirts all year long ... even when nothing is on!

2 hours ago, Hansuman said:

You are being a bit harsh ..... so what tickles your feather .....

1 hour ago, Captain Dave said:

Just a ladyboy  :Number1a:

Archived