Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Who’s Going To Win The World Soccer Cup

WalterA

59 minutes ago, Tripp said:

They do it all the time mate, you must walk around with your ears closed. 

You assume too much... I know it goes on all the time.. I am trying to explain stuff to the constant winging of BM who have no idea of the game and side track the discussion from the OP question " who's going to  win" .. he didn't ask what BM thought of Football :D

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, ronboy said:

You got to remember a Football player(soccer) is not built for high impact like rugby. . Combined with a player fouled at fast speed their injury is genuine. . I watch my sons play in adult competitions and even a slight bump can result in them off injured.

If you're slightly  fouled in the box you have fall down.  If you try and go on and have a shot your off-balance and maybe not score. 

The margins for a win are much less in Football compared to other football codes. I have played Rugby union so understand this different. The mentality in Rugby Union and League is big hits which your expected not to react to. :D

I cant remember who said it but as an explanation for Ronaldo and Bale hitting the deck after tackles their speed was used as an explanation as in its harder to stop. dont get me wrong the VAR has lead to loads rolling around to get the attention of the ref but it think it is an exaggeration of the league they play in. One of the danes got kicked in the face and was up super quick.

20 minutes ago, ronboy said:

You assume too much... I know it goes on all the time.. I am trying to explain stuff to the constant winging of BM who have no idea of the game and side track the discussion from the OP question " who's going to  win" .. he didn't ask what BM thought of Football :D

I think that is the very point. It doesn't matter a toss who wins, everyone  actually loses.

1 hour ago, ronboy said:

You got to remember a Football player(soccer) is not built for high impact like rugby. . Combined with a player fouled at fast speed their injury is genuine. . I watch my sons play in adult competitions and even a slight bump can result in them off injured.

If you're slightly  fouled in the box you have fall down.  If you try and go on and have a shot your off-balance and maybe not score. 

The margins for a win are much less in Football compared to other football codes. I have played Rugby union so understand this different. The mentality in Rugby Union and League is big hits which your expected not to react to. :D

You're right, the rather tedious 'played by pansies compared to rugger bugger' comments

are comparing apples and pears.

The tackling and speed of impact are completely different in the two sports.

1 hour ago, Tripp said:

I think that is the very point. It doesn't matter a toss who wins, everyone  actually loses.

Were at the World Cup or EPL it matters a great deal who wins  .. were not playing local cricket or soccer. LOL . Supporters are paying money to see these games.. national or club pride is at stake. .. Ok I finish now I have tried to explain things ;)

15 hours ago, Mick Pattaya said:

Its down to the ref's interpretation, wasn't a intentional handball & the ref did check the VAR screen.

Its in FIFA`s interests too!

Yeah i know its easy to be cynical and often unnecessary, but FIFA have brought it on themselves, its going to be quite a while yet.

Korexit for the Germans, its turning into a very interesting World Cup.

8ACE3051-6342-4569-9EB8-CEAF74696374.thumb.jpeg.4fa250911a75062e5c9e45dca13f34c1.jpeg

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

10 minutes ago, Captain Cockblock said:

Korexit for the Germans, its turning into a very interesting World Cup.

Yes, for Germany the VAR is over.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

13 minutes ago, davidge said:

Yes, for Germany the VAR is over.

Their coach has hit an all time LOW.

The Battle of Stalingrad still haunt Germany ..  biggest mistake for not bringing Sane of City to the squad . He would probably give Germany more edge .. England and Belgium is rubbing their hands right now ... :Clap8:

The route is clearing for a new champion altogether or Spain if they can up the ante.                                                    The bracket has become tremendously lopsided on one side, leaving Spain, Croatia and possibly England to move ahead to the finals.

................................................................................................................

It has made my day the Germans are out in the group stages.  [emoji3][emoji3]

Hmmm... seem you don’t like us humerous, friendly, always dressed well and well mannered people ? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The world cup would be poorer without Germany...whenever a top team crashes out early it robs the tournament of its sheen.

The Refs however did their best to ensure Germany stays in the competition. In this game both the Korean goals were referred to the VAR for extra scrutiny. The first was actually marked offside initially...while in the previous game the Ref actually did not refer to the VAR which he should have and denied Sweden a well deserved penalty...Unfortunately the Refs efforts all went in vain and Germany are out

11 minutes ago, mogli33 said:

The world cup would be poorer without Germany...whenever a top team crashes out early it robs the tournament of its sheen.

The Refs however did their best to ensure Germany stays in the competition. In this game both the Korean goals were referred to the VAR for extra scrutiny. The first was actually marked offside initially...while in the previous game the Ref actually did not refer to the VAR which he should have and denied Sweden a well deserved penalty...Unfortunately the Refs efforts all went in vain and Germany are out

Yes some pretty well biased  anti  Korean decisions , a definite penalty in the 68th minute two german players barged a Korean player , but he got a yellow card, 6 minutes added time, wtf  ended up as 9 ,15 .

Sweden Will win, won the group :) time for the vikings to step up another notch 

I do just to annoy all the pool and utd fans in paddy land who hate England passionately keeps me amused till September

Well apart from all the England fans as well as the many millions who watch the Premier League
around the World and who know many of the players.
The England team are the most popular WC team in Thailand and across Asia for this reason.

So they probably have as many people wishing them well as any team there.

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

After Germany crashing out,  there will be some long faces on the Naklua Road bars tonight...

The Germans never do very well in Russia.

8 minutes ago, Moonpig said:

The Germans never do very well in Russia.

They do not like it up em.....!

10 minutes ago, Red-Devil said:

They do not like it up em.....!

Pike !!!

1 minute ago, Moonpig said:

Pike !!!

Don't tell em your name.....!

Archived