Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Who’s Going To Win The World Soccer Cup

WalterA

29 minutes ago, davidge said:

Whatever happens in this game, can’t see this German side getting near to winning the tournament.

Looking at how they play, it is truly staggering that Sane isn’t in the squad.

Well Germany won thanks mainly to the biased Ref's decision which proved crucial...that has now completely opened up the group. Even Mexico is not safe now.

Sweden were robbed of a victory by the Ref not going to the VAR...

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, mogli33 said:

Sweden were robbed of a victory by the Ref not going to the VAR..

VAR just exists to protect the bigger /revenue generating teams. Check every decision that might go in these teams' favour and ignore any incidents that might not....

15 minutes ago, PR1977 said:

VAR just exists to protect the bigger /revenue generating teams. Check every decision that might go in these teams' favour and ignore any incidents that might not....

you raise a valid point, albeit Sweden bottled it, playing against 10 men they panicked & retreated to their defense line. Ridiculous foul to give away that free kick.

................................................................................................................

Germany got a lifeline. But that penalty should have been given, technology was available, there's no excuse for screwing it up.

2 minutes ago, Mick Pattaya said:

you raise a valid point, albeit Sweden bottled it, playing against 10 men they panicked & retreated to their defense line. Ridiculous foul to give away that free kick.

I agree, they definitely panicked didn't know what they were doing.

Any time they did break out at the end though the referee was giving fouls against them and allowing Germany to put the ball back on top of them, plus there was the usual extended injury time, no idea where the 5 mins came from....

Germany dodged a bullet tonight. If they don't sort out their issues at the back, they are going to get their pants pulled down in the knockout stages.

Was it just me, or did Sweden's players look really unfit and unathletic? Seemed to me like they were running in slow motion.

And I thought such practices existed only in cricket ...damn how wrong I was

Sent from my A37fw using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, StevieGreen said:

Germany dodged a bullet tonight. If they don't sort out their issues at the back, they are going to get their pants pulled down in the knockout stages.

Was it just me, or did Sweden's players look really unfit and unathletic? Seemed to me like they were running in slow motion.

Sweden doesnt really have any fast or athletic players. We Done well just to qualify for the world cup with the team we have.

23 minutes ago, StevieGreen said:

It was reported quite a few of their players fell sick to a stomach bug.

................................................................................................................

32 minutes ago, Mick Pattaya said:

It was reported quite a few of their players fell sick to a stomach bug.

3 players to be specific. I don't want to see that referee again in this WC. He should be suspended from this tournament.

Funny old game , Football ...  Everyone in the football world outside Germany was on their toes hoping to see Germany goes out  but in the last minute injury time , Kroo goal overturned that ... Marvellous drama tonight like Croatia Vs Argentina  and Spain Vs Portugal ... 

England as expected will go through tomorrow with Belguim .  Will be a cracker with England Vs Belgium.  Both will want a win to go on top of the group . 

Ahh Sweden ye threw it away terrible foul to give away but a super finish by the Germans, 

Unfortunately can't see Sweden beating the Mexicans.

A) Fuck the refs.

B) Fuck Germany

C) Fuck this gay earth.

Seriously, though, I don't have much of a rooting interest other than rooting for the underdogs in most matches.  Right now I'm mostly a 'please let a team that doesn't dominate win it all this time around.'

But that no call on the penalty in/near the box was ridiculous and I'm a futbol neophyte.

Did I mention  Mexico?

23 minutes ago, everard said:

who gives a flying fuck?

About four billion people.

Just now, Explorer8939 said:

About four billion people.

no wonder theres so many problems in this world,-----to quote lord sainsbury,"don,t give them a libary,give them a circus"

Hi. I admit I didn't read the 6 pages of this thread and so it may have been discussed before, but is there no moderator here to fix the title? It's the Football world cup, not soccer.

Edit: "FIFA World Cup" to be precise. FIFA = Fédération Internationale de Football Association

1 hour ago, everard said:

no wonder theres so many problems in this world,-----to quote lord sainsbury,"don,t give them a libary,give them a circus"

who gives a flying fuck?

There will always be problem, but entertainment does have its place.  And politely speaking if you don't like football, stay away from this thread, its that simple.

Also I had to Google "Lord Sainsbury". Not so popular as a reference.

On 6/21/2018 at 03:24, WalterA said:

I’d like to see a ladyboy only team ..... 

boy will they be chasing the balls all over the pitch and no end to tiring to score with no gold;ie   

22 hours ago, Explorer8939 said:

Mexico, Mexico, rah-rah-rah.

Apparently, no love for Mexico here.

My wife and I had a great time in Mexico when we were sailing on the ship together last year.

(Manzanillo and Lazero Cardenas)

We could tell it was Mexico because the restaurant had 23 different Tequila's on the drinks menu.

Sweden's biggest mistake was to leave Pontus Jannson (of Leeds Utd) on the bench.

At least he was able to join in the punch-up on the touchline.

Archived