IGNORED

Smokin' Joe's BBQ in Soi Lengkee

China Garden

21 minutes ago, SirL said:

As posted on the other thread, here are the EBSs from a few months ago, which were quite a bit cheaper in some cases.  For example, the ribs + brisket has gone up by B100.

SmokinJoesEBS1.jpg

Double price jump, offer one less side and charge even more for giving less.

The market will decide if it effects business but doing these makes it less attractive to go there.

8 minutes ago, Avon said:

Double price jump, offer one less side and charge even more for giving less.

The market will decide if it effects business but doing these makes it less attractive to go there.

The latest Specials are more attractive to evening diners.  It's the daytime guys, such as myself, that will be complaining.

Hard to please all the people all of the time. Far better to have less appealing specials than be out of business because the specials aren't sustainable. 

The rib special was outstanding value and quality imho. I didn't think it would continue at that price, yet it has on a Tuesday albeit with one less side.

Specials or not I will be a regular customer, the food is great.

4 minutes ago, Gnorman said:

Hard to please all the people all of the time. Far better to have less appealing specials than be out of business because the specials aren't sustainable. 

The rib special was outstanding value and quality imho. I didn't think it would continue at that price, yet it has on a Tuesday albeit with one less side.

Thank you, we are still a new business and tweaking things to ensure our future and continued success. I'm happy you enjoy the food.

6 minutes ago, Gnorman said:

+1

www.sugarcanemafia.com

As I noted on the other thread, IMO the main local competition for ribs is the Beefeater Saturday and Sunday Mexican buffet at (not sure exactly) about B350.  The ribs there come as part of a buffet with several other dishes, so there's no shortage of sides there.

5 hours ago, SirL said:

As I noted on the other thread, IMO the main local competition for ribs is the Beefeater Saturday and Sunday Mexican buffet at (not sure exactly) about B350.  The ribs there come as part of a buffet with several other dishes, so there's no shortage of sides there.

I've had Beefeater's ribs and Smokin Joes' ribs and, at least in my opinion, there was very little comparison between the ribs served at each.  Smokin Joes' ribs had the taste and texture (they call them "knife and fork ribs" at an upscale place here in the USA) of a place that specializes in them; Beefeater's were simply an item on a buffet and they reflected that, in my opinion.  Smokin Joes ribs were memorable and inspired me to return a few days later.  Beefeater's Saturday buffet was filling, but it didn't inspire me to want to go back again soon.  In fact, I cannot recall EVER having ribs on a buffet that compared to those ordered in a place that really knows what they're doing.    

As for the price increases, I just checked the two signs - here's what the data shows:
 - on 3 of the days, it is an entirely different special, so you cannot compare them. A 1/2 rack of ribs and brisket is CLEARLY going to cost more than a bowl of chili.
 - on the other 4 days, the price increase was 0 baht, 80 baht, 50 baht and 20 baht.....that's an average increase of 37.5 baht.  Considering that the specials are no longer on a time limit (no longer just an "early bird special"), I think the increase and reduction of one side remain VERY reasonable.  As noted, though, the market will decide (as it always does).

To me, the price issues being raised here are the same basic issues raised with EVERY topic about Pattaya - food, girls, hotel rooms.  Each BM's budget and price points are different.  For me, Smokin Joes serves EXCELLENT ribs at a price that I consider reasonable, and I certainly will be back the next time I am in town. 

6 hours ago, SirL said:

What about Lonestar ?, its very near to SJ in the same Soi and if I remember right the SJ guy used to own way back.

They do ribs but their site has gone and FB doesn't show the menu, so I don't know the prices.

I've only eaten their once and that was maybe 3 years back, had the T bone and it was tough as an old boot, the waitress was both useless and rude (messed up our order and then blamed us !) and all in all it was crap so I haven't been back since.

Stupid of me really because you cant judge a place on just one visit.

Maybe other guys have tried the ribs there and can give a comparison with SJ, taste, quality and prices ?

Edit: Sorry I just realised this was the SJ business thread so mods please remove my post if its inappropriate on here.

Edited by CuppaTea

We will shortly be introducing our Take-Away menu making it easier for customers to order via telephone and collect, local deliveries can be arranged for an additional charge subject to location. Should be live in about 1 week or depending on the printers, same applies for the Daily Special.

Door to Door will still be available to deliver to further-out locations, initially this is aimed at Central Pattaya as we rely on local motorbike taxi drivers. 

Take-away Menu Smokin Joes - Page 1.jpg

Take-away Menu Smokin Joes - Page 2.jpg

nice menu and smart with the numbers.    makes it easy with the numbers, amazed some places dont have them and you have to spell it out, a recipe for disaster

I love a good potato skin, got any pics?

6 minutes ago, just hanging said:

nice menu and smart with the numbers.    makes it easy with the numbers, amazed some places dont have them and you have to spell it out, a recipe for disaster

I'll order some tonight for my dinner and post them, it's a hard job but someone's gotta do it. :Party1:

• Like 1

I have been eating this most nights at Steak & Co, an American dish called a Wedge Salad, Iceberg Lettuce, smoked thick-cut Bacon and Blue Cheese dressing ... very tasty!

18698331_1405021732902133_1269975850000460823_n.jpg

• Like 2

I would kill for a chopped salad over here, one of my top sellers but havent found it yet

6 hours ago, just hanging said:

Pictures of our Pull Pork Potato skins

18664148_1689900024640361_3295410089193918395_n.jpg

18740076_1689900027973694_4738875886711419160_n.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, steak&co said:

DAMN YOU!!!!  DON'T YOU KNOW I'M ON A DIET?!?   5555

They look fantastic!

• 2 weeks later...

Our take away menu is now printed and available in the restaurant, call and collect or we can arrange delivery in Central Pattaya via motor-bike taxi at an additional cost (basically whatever the bike drivers wants i.e 40-80 baht).

Take-away Menu Smokin Joes - Page 1.jpg

Take-away Menu Smokin Joes - Page 2.jpg

i know you get 10% if you stay in the rooms at steak & co , do you get 10% off at smoking joes as well ?

On 5/26/2017 at 8:08 PM, steak&co said:

do you deliver?  Now? :)   looks great

3 hours ago, just hanging said:

do you deliver?  Now? :)   looks great

They are 225 with a choice of toppings, we only deliver to central Pattaya which is extra (depends on the taxi motorbike guy) or they are available through Door2Door

• 3 months later...

Are absolutely gonna give this place a few tries next visit.

Something i seem to miss or atleast would love to see in the menu are homesmoked bacon, and a really god saussage.

About the brisket at smoking joes i cant se anything about cokingtime. many places usually wants to proudly present that their brisket for example is in their smoker everyday for 16h  new batch is set everyday and if its sold out it is.  but its a nice sellingpoint and something i like to know.. fresh smoked brisket everyday.

Belov is a comboplate of my favourite bbqplace in stockholm/sweden.

Brisket.jpg

Edited by rosen80
Pic did not show.

• 3 weeks later...
On 20/09/2017 at 09:04, rosen80 said:

Are absolutely gonna give this place a few tries next visit.

Something i seem to miss or atleast would love to see in the menu are homesmoked bacon, and a really god saussage.

About the brisket at smoking joes i cant se anything about cokingtime. many places usually wants to proudly present that their brisket for example is in their smoker everyday for 16h  new batch is set everyday and if its sold out it is.  but its a nice sellingpoint and something i like to know.. fresh smoked brisket everyday.

Belov is a comboplate of my favourite bbqplace in stockholm/sweden.

Brisket.jpg

We do smoke our own bacon ! It comes cured (a lot of messing about to cure it) and we smoke it in-house. We use Jack's Creek Black Angus Point End Brisket (same as people like Killen's in the USA, the use Snake River) (Thai brisket is terrible, not enough fat)  with a simple Texas Style salt & Pepper rub, smoked until 165 then wrapped and finished at 195-200.. we let it rest over night usually still wrapped, we use foil as sadly i cant get butchers paper locally ... cook time depends on each piece (stalling etc) but i'd say is around 12-14 hours. 

Cheers

Ian  

We do smoke our own bacon ! It comes cured (a lot of messing about to cure it) and we smoke it in-house. We use Jack's Creek Black Angus Point End Brisket (same as people like Killen's in the USA, the use Snake River) (Thai brisket is terrible, not enough fat)  with a simple Texas Style salt & Pepper rub, smoked until 165 then wrapped and finished at 195-200.. we let it rest over night usually still wrapped, we use foil as sadly i cant get butchers paper locally ... cook time depends on each piece (stalling etc) but i'd say is around 12-14 hours. 
Cheers

Ian  

I think i love u..
Keep it up [emoji106]

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk Pro

• 5 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, steak&co said:

From 12 noon til 23.00 pm or until stock lasts (unless you have booked). 

Thanks Giving.jpg

A couple of questions:

- Is this at Steak & Co., Smokin' Joes or both?

- Will you be taking reservations?

- Can you elaborate a little on what "[a]ll the trimmings" includes?

Thanks!