Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Smokin' Joe's BBQ in Soi Lengkee

China Garden

In my experience, finding good American style bacon anywhere in Thailand is next to impossible. Your photos make me want to breakfast at Smokin’ Joe’s as soon as I arrive in Pattaya.

• Like 3

StrikeEagle
"When you care enough to send the Best in the World"

Pussy Prices IMO, Beach Road (Coconut Bar) ST 500 - 800; LT 1000-1500, May be similar in Bamboo and PBG or slightly dearer: Bars and some massage places, bar fine 300-400; ST 800 - 1000; LT 1000-2000, may be cheaper later in the evening: Agogos, bar fine ST 700 - 1000 bar fine  LT 1500 ST 1500-2000, LT 2000-3500: IBar, Insomnia, other Discos, early  expensive getting cheaper as sunrise approaches but 1000-3000 depending: Feel free to PM me with updates

17 hours ago, steak&co said:

Breakfast Menu   - Coming Soon (7-10 days time).

External Sign Smokin' Joe's BBQ 100x200cm - nOVEMBER 2017 - BREAKFAST.jpg

Have you ever thought offering about a Steak & eggs breakfast?

2 hours ago, WhiteThai said:

Have you ever thought offering about a steak & eggs breakfast?

Yea Steak & Eggs is another good option as is Waffles with Fried Chicken and if there's a demand for sure products i'll add it to the menu, I want to keep it simple until I'm sure we can handle the basic menu.... It look's like we will be opening for breakfast at 8 am on Friday 1st December, thats enough time for us to train the new Chef's, waitresses and bring in the produce from Bangkok and Australia (portobello mushrooms).    

10 hours ago, StrikeEagle said:

In my experience, finding good American style bacon anywhere in Thailand is next to impossible. Your photos make me want to breakfast at Smokin’ Joe’s as soon as I arrive in Pattaya.

There are some places that already serve American styled breakfast in Pats...actually in the same area as Smokin Joes. Golf Club in LK Metro for starters. There are threads here already addressing this.

Edited by Amon_Amarth
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Amon_Amarth said:

There are some places that already serve American styled breakfast in Pats...actually in the same area as Smokin Joes. Golf Club in LK Metro for starters. There are threads here already addressing this.

Agree and that is where i go for Breakfast in Pattaya when in town.

Smokin' Joe's BBQ will be closed all day on Monday 25th December in order to assist Steak & Co with its Christmas Day menu, Steak & Co will be offering it's full regular menu alongside the Christmas menu however no daily specials will be available. The Christmas menu is only available via pre-booking, Turkey & Snowfish are both expensive ingredients and we need to know in advance how much we need to prepare. 

Christmas A1.jpg

The new Chef's cannot start until Friday, they are giving notice to their current employer, I'll try to open for breakfast as soon as I feel their are competent, they were working at breakfast Chef's at a small hotel so it shouldn't take too long (haha if they turn up Friday). I'm guess Sunday or latest of  early next week, stock from Sloanes arrived Wednesday and Portabella Mushrooms from Australia Thursday, I can then work out costs and will post once known. 

The breakfast menu sounds good, but only until 12 noon.. :unsure: i highly doubt i will ever be able to try it. You wrote your morning staff starts at 7am and will do a 7-9 hour shift? So 2pm as the ending time for breakfast should be doable. But i am just a customer, not a restaurant owner, so i can't speak from experience what's wrong and what's right. :D I just hope it will work out for you :)

On 11/22/2017 at 20:33, steak&co said:

This is the house smoked Bacon ... it's pretty thick! If it's not enough we can increase the portion size or offer it as an 'optional extra' per slice! It's not your usual thin stuff you see everywhere in Pattaya

18838999_1411645748906398_955980993115613028_n.jpg

18698331_1405021732902133_1269975850000460823_n.jpg

11111.jpg

That bacon will lure my fat, American ass in!

I think it would be a great idea to have the option to add a 3rd slice for X baht.  It may not be an option many jump on, but it seems like an easy add.

BTW, stopped by last Friday and had the ribs lunch special (with mac and cheese & beans) - fantastic, as always!  Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

On 26/11/2017 at 05:12, steak&co said:

Smokin' Joe's BBQ will be closed all day on Monday 25th December in order to assist steak & Co with its Christmas Day menu, steak & Co will be offering it's full regular menu alongside the Christmas menu however no daily specials will be available. The Christmas menu is only available via pre-booking, Turkey & Snowfish are both expensive ingredients and we need to know in advance how much we need to prepare. 

Christmas A1.jpg

Been the last 3 years for Christmas dinner at your establishment which i have enjoyed .

The cost this year of 1495 Baht (£34) will most certainly get me to look elsewhere if i want traditional Christmas dinner. If i remember rightly it was just under 1000 Baht (£22.72) in previous years so a 66% massive price hike!!! 

On 11/23/2017 at 04:52, steak&co said:

sadly our coffee will only be fresh 'bean to cup' (from Benjit near Baukaw market) as I'm loathed spend 150,000 on a high end coffee machine until I know there is a demand,

Honestly I don't think you need to spend big money on the coffee machine, just decent quality and generously served hot brewed coffee is all you need after a great full breakfast. If they want a soy mocha frappe point them at Starbucks.

2 hours ago, overseas516 said:

Been the last 3 years for Christmas dinner at your establishment which i have enjoyed .

The cost this year of 1495 Baht (£34) will most certainly get me to look elsewhere if i want traditional Christmas dinner. If i remember rightly it was just under 1000 Baht (£22.72) in previous years so a 66% massive price hike!!! 

You are correct it was 995 last year for 1 course, a Christmas Turkey Dinner, this year we are offering a 3 course dinner for 1495. If you would prefer the 1 course Turkey dinner at 995 Baht I will happily do that, my experience these past year is 80% of customers order 'al carte' from our regular menu thus this year we are doing 'advance bookings only' to avoid food waste. 

2 minutes ago, Love_to_eat_Thai said:

Honestly I don't think you need to spend big money on the coffee machine, just decent quality and generously served hot brewed coffee is all you need after a great full breakfast. If they want a soy mocha frappe point them at Starbucks.

Personally I have 1 or 2 large flat white coffee's everyday at Bake & Brew which in my opinion is the best coffee shop around, practically I know I cannot compete against a trained barista using good beans and a proper double boiler coffee machine. We do have a bean to cup machine and our 'cuppa Joe' will be perfectly acceptable, we are costing out small glasses or fresh apple juice and orange juice as we already have a 'slow juicer'  (cost it about 20 baht per small glass but in the restaurant business you have to double or triple ingredient costs to cover labour, rent, electric, taxes, etc etc). 

Tasted the buttermilk pancakes & Waffles today, both very good, the pork products arrived from Bangkok and again very good, still working on the home-made hash browns as they were a little 'chewy' from too much corn-starch I think ... Jimmie Dean patties done.    

20 minutes ago, steak&co said:

You are correct it was 995 last year for 1 course, a Christmas Turkey Dinner, this year we are offering a 3 course dinner for 1495. If you would prefer the 1 course Turkey dinner at 995 Baht I will happily do that, my experience these past year is 80% of customers order 'al carte' from our regular menu thus this year we are doing 'advance bookings only' to avoid food waste. 

I am one of the 20% and neither would have had the starter or desert that you have advertised so 1495 Baht is way over the top.

Would it not have been better to advertise the Christmas dinner at one course price, 2 course price and all 3 courses rather than be so rigid with your advert?

This would surely have stopped any misunderstanding over the cost this year don’t you think?

27 minutes ago, overseas516 said:

I am one of the 20% and neither would have had the starter or desert that you have advertised so 1495 Baht is way over the top.

Would it not have been better to advertise the Christmas dinner at one course price, 2 course price and all 3 courses rather than be so rigid with your advert?

This would surely have stopped any misunderstanding over the cost this year don’t you think?

Alright, I'll re-do the Christmas menu as you suggested offering 1, 2 or 3 courses, thank you for the feedback. 

We are opening on at 8.00 am on Monday 4th December for breakfast, here is the menu and prices. I will post some pictures of the food later. 

Breakfast - Dec 2017.jpg

• Like 1

That brekkie menu looks quite good but frankly at those prices, I think you should include one cup of filtered coffee. I also see it's until 3 p.m. Excellent. 

Edited by Kreggerz
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Kreggerz said:

That brekkie menu looks quite good but frankly at those prices, I think you should include one cup of filtered coffee. I also see it's until 3 p.m. Excellent. 

I understand the free coffee, I'll see how the first week goes but its defiantly a possibility on some more of the breakfast items.  

5 minutes ago, steak&co said:

I understand the free coffee, I'll see how the first week goes but its defiantly a possibility on some more of the breakfast items.  

That might even better business wise to keep the menu but put a sign on the tables, special -- free coffee with breakfast! I seriously think you should do the free coffee. But good luck either way. 

Edited by Kreggerz

2 hours ago, Kreggerz said:

Yep good point a cup of coffee costs next to nothing.But really adds value to the customer and a solid goodwill gesture.

7 hours ago, steak&co said:

Breakfast menu

Breakfast - Dec 2017.jpg

Well I guess we all knew your Breakfast Menu wouldn't be cheap and its certainly not.

Is it to expensive ?, I'm going to say a firm Yes for many guys on this forum but as with all things the market will decide. If your tables are busy then you've pitched your prices right.

I am though shocked that a restaurant called Steak & Co isnt offering Steak and Eggs for breakfast, in fact no Steaks at all ? Even if breakfast is only served at Smokin Joes S&C is only next door.

I think your prices are high, especially when people look at Casa Pascal all you can eat and drink for 240 baht but maybe that's an unfair comparison because your menus are different and you've certainly got things that either are difficult to find or simply not around.

My only suggestion, that will cost you very little, is to include a mug of Coffee or Tea with ALL of your set breakfasts and with one free refill. Psychologically that will offer customers much more and offset your prices to a degree in peoples minds.

For example currently Eggs Benedict at 245 baht  + 100 baht for 2 Coffees = 345 baht now and THAT'S a lot of money unless your overlooking the sea or sitting in a plush tropical garden and at your place your certainly not.

But Eggs Benedict + 2 Coffees = 245 baht, that changes it from being very expensive to "not cheap but hey lets try it."

Please understand I'm only speaking for myself when I say your to expensive because I'm certain a load of guys on here will say your not, but how many of them will actually go and eat and of those who do, how often ?

As we all know customer numbers are the only real answer and I wish you, as always, only success because you severe quality stuff but I'm priced out..

Edited by CuppaTea