Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Smokin' Joe's BBQ in Soi Lengkee

China Garden

8 hours ago, Luv2Phuket said:

A couple of questions:

- Is this at steak & Co., Smokin' Joes or both?

- Will you be taking reservations?

- Can you elaborate a little on what "[a]ll the trimmings" includes?

Thanks!

• I'd prefer to keep it to Smokin' Joe's but if it really popular we could spread it across both venues. 
  • Definitely taking reservations, I dont want to end up with way too much Turkey as its pretty expensive. 
  • Norbest Roast Turkey, Pig's in Blankets,  Roast Potatoes, Mashed Potatoes, Peas, Carrots, Roasted Pumpkin, Brussels Sprouts, Green Beans, Broccoli, Sweat Corn (or creamed corn) Turkey Gravy, Cranberry Sauce 

If there's something I'm missing please let me know (i'll try get some corn bread too but I will need look for it so no promises on that). 

Ian

• Like 4

I had the best chicken of my life at smoking joes recently!.... it was so moist and tender.... unbelievable... very impressed... their ribs are some of the best in Thailand too... but that chicken was succulent !  the service girls are very good and friendly too.....cant wait to go back !

3 minutes ago, navidnavid said:

I had the best chicken of my life at smoking joes recently!.... it was so moist and tender.... unbelievable... very impressed... their ribs are some of the best in Thailand too... but that chicken was succulent !  the service girls are very good and friendly too.....cant wait to go back !

Thanks for the feedback, I think the best thing you can do is brine the bird over-night we then use probes to make sure they aren't over or under. Steak & Co will roast the Turkey's in our combi-oven, we are planning on using Turkey Breast for Thanksgiving and probably whole birds for Christmas (unless a group request brown meat). 

• 3 weeks later...

We have changed the 'Daily Specials' at Smokin' Joe's BBQ, there has been some price changes due to raw cost increases and in line with our local competitors. The good news is we now have 'BBQ Rib's' specials on two days of the week opposed to one previously and were applicable we offer '2 free side dishes' 

External Sign Smokin' Joe's BBQ 100x200cm - nOVEMBER 2017.jpg

Breakfast Menu   - Coming Soon (7-10 days time).

It should be something like this: 

Smoking Joe's Breakfast Menu

1.       Full English Breakfast

2 Egg's Any Style

2 Bacon (Streaky or Back Bacon)

2 Sausages

Grilled Tomatoes or Canned Tomatoes

Mushrooms

Baked Beans

Fried Slice

2 Toast

Tea or Coffee

2.       American Breakfast

2 Egg's Any Style

2 Slices of Streaky Bacon

Hash Brown

2 Slices of Toast

Tea or Coffee

3.       Buttermilk Pancake Stack served with Maple Syrup, Butter & Fresh Berries

Strawberries, Blueberries & Raspberries

4.       Breakfast Muffin

English Muffin

Sausage Patty

Fried Egg

Cheese Slice (American processed Cheese)

5.       Crunchy French Toast Topped with Fresh Berries and served Vanilla Bean Sauce

Brioche Bread dipped in Egg batter and tossed in Crunchy Cornflakes

Topped with Powdered Sugar

Vanilla infused Milk

6.       Avocado on Sourdough Toast

Sourdough Toast  

2 x Poached Egg

3 x  baked Vine Tomatoes

Small Leaf Salad on the side (Rocket etc)

7.       Eggs Royale

English Muffin

Smoked Salon

2 x Poached Egg

Hollandaise sauce

8.       Egg Benedict

English Muffin

Ham

2 x Poached Egg

Hollandaise sauce

9.       Egg Florentine

English Muffin

Sautéed Spinach

2 x Poached Egg

Hollandaise sauce

10.   Grilled Cheese Sandwich

2 slices of Bread

Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese

3 x Grilled Vine Tomatoes

11.   Buttermilk Waffle with Maple Syrup & Fresh Berries

1x Butter

Maple Syrup

12.   Breakfast Omelet with your choice of filling

3 Egg's

Ham, Cheese, Bacon, Onion, Mushroom, Bell Peppers

13.   Breakfast Burrito

12 inch flour wrap

Scrambled Egg

Bacon (streaky Bacon)

Cheese

External Sign Smokin' Joe's BBQ 100x200cm - nOVEMBER 2017 - BREAKFAST.jpg

• Like 3

Sounds interesting but the noon cutoff is harsh. Ha ha.

On the hash browns, will you make in house or use the bought in stuff?

16 minutes ago, Kreggerz said:

Your right, hard to move your breakfast up early to 12 noon, when you're use to the all day breakfast places.

Have tried the ribs there and like other said, very good quality. will have to give the breakfast a try if I miss the 10:30 AM cut off at my hotel.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

26 minutes ago, LeoTex said:

Your right, hard to move your breakfast up early to 12 noon, when you're use to the all day breakfast places.

Have tried the ribs there and like other said, very good quality. will have to give the breakfast a try if I miss the 10:30 AM cut off at my hotel.

LeoTex

Yeah, honestly that breakfast menu sounds really good but I doubt I'll ever make it by noon. 

I have a sweet-tooth, so those pancakes or waffles could be right up my alley. Something I only eat on holidays.

Well done on the expansion!

59 minutes ago, Kreggerz said:

We will try to make everything possible ourselves, yes home-made hash browns. The 12 noon thing may well be flexible if there is enough demand, we are taking on 2 new Chef's, 2 waitresses and a cashier to cover the early shift , if it makes sense to offer breakfast for the duration of their 8-9 hour shift then we could change our times (they start at 7am for prep). I'm please people think it's a good idea ;-)   

I think the main thing for your breakfast menu is to have stuff not everyone has and for the stuff everyone has do it better. Your menu sounds like that's your intention. People won't expect the cheapest (and I'm sure it won't be) if you follow through on that. An example of that is Laong's Bistro Jomtien breakfast menu. 

I have a menu item idea.

How about trying a gourmet BBQ version of S.O.S. (shit on a shingle / creamed chip beef).

Like with a really good cream sauce, good bread, and for the meat perhaps thin sliced smoked beef brisket

Probably also served with some side potatoes, maybe sliced or home fries and also some peas.

Yeah I know beef is expensive but it would be thin slices in a breakfast portion. 

https://www.pinterest.com/rhondadean65/shit-on-a-single/

Edited by Kreggerz

2 hours ago, Kreggerz said:

I think the main thing for your breakfast menu is to have stuff not everyone has and for the stuff everyone has do it better. Your menu sounds like that's your intention. People won't expect the cheapest (and I'm sure it won't be) if you follow through on that. An example of that is Laong's Bistro Jomtien breakfast menu. 

Your dead right, we are sourcing all organic quality Pork products from an Sloane,s in Bangkok, they are not cheap but the quality is far superior, along with quality breads .... sadly our coffee will only be fresh 'bean to cup' (from Benjit near Baukaw market) as I'm loathed spend 150,000 on a high end coffee machine until I know there is a demand, we already had a slow juicer for fresh juices. We have our own Smoked Streak Bacon which we could caramelise with maple syrup or brown sugar etc... lots of possibilities.  

I'm going to implement the menu above initially and refine it over time, I'd like to have thing like 'baked eggs' served in a Skillet or a Short Rib Hash Brown.. it just takes time and its already the start of high season. Sloane's pastrami is to die for too....

Thanks for the idea's though ...    

http://www.sloanes.co.th/product.php

Edited by steak&co

4 hours ago, steak&co said:

Breakfast Menu   - Coming Soon (7-10 days time).

It should be something like this: 

Smoking Joe's Breakfast Menu

1.       Full English Breakfast

2 Egg's Any Style

2 Bacon (Streaky or Back Bacon)

2 Sausages

Grilled Tomatoes or Canned Tomatoes

Mushrooms

Baked Beans

Fried Slice

2 Toast

Tea or Coffee

2.       American Breakfast

2 Egg's Any Style

2 Slices of Streaky Bacon

Hash Brown

2 Slices of Toast

Tea or Coffee

3.       Buttermilk Pancake Stack served with Maple Syrup, Butter & Fresh Berries

4.       Breakfast Muffin

English Muffin

Sausage Patty

Fried Egg

Cheese Slice (American processed Cheese)

5.       Crunchy French Toast Topped with Fresh Berries and served Vanilla Bean Sauce

Brioche Bread dipped in Egg batter and tossed in Crunchy Cornflakes

Topped with Powdered Sugar

Vanilla infused Milk

6.       Avocado on Sourdough Toast

Sourdough Toast  

2 x Poached Egg

3 x  baked Vine Tomatoes

7.       Eggs Royale

English Muffin

Smoked Salon

2 x Poached Egg

Hollandaise sauce

8.       Egg Benedict

English Muffin

Ham

2 x Poached Egg

Hollandaise sauce

9.       Egg Florentine

English Muffin

Sautéed Spinach

2 x Poached Egg

Hollandaise sauce

10.   Grilled Cheese Sandwich

2 slices of Bread

Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese

3 x Grilled Vine Tomatoes

11.   Buttermilk Waffle with Maple Syrup & Fresh Berries

1x Butter

Maple Syrup

12.   Breakfast Omelet with your choice of filling

3 Egg's

Ham, Cheese, Bacon, Onion, Mushroom, Bell Peppers

13.   Breakfast Burrito

12 inch flour wrap

Scrambled Egg

Bacon (streaky Bacon)

Cheese

External Sign Smokin' Joe's BBQ 100x200cm - nOVEMBER 2017 - BREAKFAST.jpg

Sounds great but you've got to tell us the prices to get a true reaction on here

Remember that guys will be walking past to get to Retox for their 98 baht full English and you also have the Devonshire & Haven there to

We know you wont be cheap so the question is how expensive will things be,.

One thing can mitigate high pricing is having unlimited decent coffee, of course the "you cant get get this any place else" factor does also but like I said if you want to get an idea of how popular opening for breakfast would be on here you've got to tell us the pricing of everything.

50 minutes ago, CuppaTea said:

Remember that guys will be walking past to get to Retox for their 98 baht full English and you also have the Devonshire & Haven there to

I don't think S&C are after the Retox 98B breakfast chaps no Baht in bottom feeders.Plenty of punters out there who do not mind paying for a top quality breakfast ,quality costs.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Pheat said:

I don't think S&C are after the Retox 98B breakfast chaps no Baht in bottom feeders.Plenty of punters out there who do not mind paying for a top quality breakfast ,quality costs.

Fair point friend but the 98 baht thing gets heaps of praise on here so by mentioning it I was giving context over how prices are received here. Not just food but accommodation costs, drinks prices, bar fines, girls expectations and so on.

I can really only speak for myself on this but I look at any prices and decide if something is a price I'm prepared to pay or not.

Casa Pascal is about 240 baht and unlimited everything and I will pay that no problem, chicken, pork steaks, egg station, different breads and coffees if you ask, meats, cheeses, salad, Thai food, desserts, fresh fruits and other stuff The only poor thing are the juices but at 240 baht I think its the best breakfast deal in town especially if your a pig like me.

We all, well maybe not Bill Gates but nearly all the rest of us need to look at prices and my real point was showing us a menu without the prices is not really showing us a very significant part of the story.

Now I'm pretty damn sure this wont be the case but lets fantasise. What if you thought hey I will try the full English and when you got there it was 1000 baht would you still try it or say hell no that's to expensive ?

If you say that then you accept that pricing is important so the question is how much is to expensive but without them telling us their prices we have no idea what they will be, except that it wont be dirt cheap like Retox.

The thing is they haven't come up with a breakfast menu without costing it out and having come up with customer prices, its just they haven't told us......yet ?

Edited by CuppaTea

Something to compare.

Prices increase with a damn speed.

Not having ++ prices aka 10% and 7%. Instead, you add 20% on some dishes, for example fajitas and chicken.

Eating outside is further reduced.

Before all weekends, have to reduce to every other with my monthly budget.

Anyway, your portions are huge.

Screenshot_2017-11-23-07-15-36.thumb.png.3e08bbd55565555ba06b67285ae3ffc3.pngScreenshot_2017-11-23-07-22-50.thumb.png.6aa4772a2ccb29e1db8ca0271941c66b.pngScreenshot_2017-11-23-07-14-00.thumb.png.c74afdd119b0a520a99801ef52b5abef.png

Low season is already desirable.

Edited by soi16

Something to compare.
Not having ++ prices aka 10% and 7%. Instead, you add 20% on some dishes, for example fajitas and chicken.

I don't understand your post too well.

Do those Billboard prices exclude the two surcharges?

I’m simply excited at the prospect of traditional American style bacon in Pattaya!

StrikeEagle
"When you care enough to send the Best in the World"

Pussy Prices IMO, Beach Road (Coconut Bar) ST 500 - 800; LT 1000-1500, May be similar in Bamboo and PBG or slightly dearer: Bars and some massage places, bar fine 300-400; ST 800 - 1000; LT 1000-2000, may be cheaper later in the evening: Agogos, bar fine ST 700 - 1000 bar fine  LT 1500 ST 1500-2000, LT 2000-3500: IBar, Insomnia, other Discos, early  expensive getting cheaper as sunrise approaches but 1000-3000 depending: Feel free to PM me with updates

3 hours ago, StrikeEagle said:

I’m simply excited at the prospect of traditional American style bacon in Pattaya!

Our aim to to try an attract 'American' breakfast lovers with our thick cut house smoked bacon and our buttermilk Pancakes & Waffles... if you come for nothing else it will be for the Bacon! 

Retox have filled a gap in the market just as I did when I had 'Le Katai' (now the Devonshire and new owners) offering 129 Baht Steaks and 99 Baht Breakfasts 7-8 years ago, to be fair I respect the pace Retox has grown ever since selling iRovers, I applaud the new low cost expansion using containers in the Soi Lenkee branch especially.... great idea! Our aim is not to compete with other breakfast outlets on price rather to offer some new and exciting breakfast option using quality ingredients.

Edited by steak&co
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, steak&co said:

Our aim to to try an attract 'American' breakfast lovers with our thick cut house smoked bacon and our buttermilk Pancakes & Waffles... if you come for nothing else it will be for the Bacon! 

Retox have filled a gap in the market just as I did when I had 'Le Katai' (now the Devonshire and new owners) offering 129 Baht Steaks and 99 Baht Breakfasts 7-8 years ago, to be fair I respect the pace Retox has grown over since selling iRovers, I applaud the new low cost expansion using containers in the Soi Lenkee branch especially.... great idea! Our aim is not to compete with other breakfast outlets on price rather to offer some new and exciting breakfast option using quality ingredients.

havent tried your food yet but it looks great and will stop by.  as far as bacon, I saw your american breakfast and if you only put two slices of bacon on an american breakfast, you will upset many Americans.  bacon cheap, up to you :)

3 hours ago, soi16 said:

Something to compare.

Anyway, your portions are huge.

Screenshot_2017-11-23-07-15-36.thumb.png.3e08bbd55565555ba06b67285ae3ffc3.pngScreenshot_2017-11-23-07-22-50.thumb.png.6aa4772a2ccb29e1db8ca0271941c66b.pngScreenshot_2017-11-23-07-14-00.thumb.png.c74afdd119b0a520a99801ef52b5abef.png

Low season is already desirable.

I'm sorry about the price increases and to be absolutely honest our margins were so low we was struggling, thus a good reason for diversifying in to Breakfast market.  Pork in Thailand is pretty reasonable until  you factor in the dry rub, Hickory Pellets for Smoking, home-made BBQ sauces,  Air con bills, 7 waitresses, 5 Chefs and 2 KP's, 1 farang manager, we did increase the side orders back to 2. 

We are on level footing compare to our local competition and a lot cheaper then similar places in Thailand who would also add the 17% to the prices listed, our Ribs are usually 6-7 bones as standard, I appreciate your comments regarding the big sizes of our portions.   

23722776_918115478351628_5482279413777576899_n.jpg

Edited by steak&co

16 minutes ago, just hanging said:

havent tried your food yet but it looks great and will stop by.  as far as bacon, I saw your american breakfast and if you only put two slices of bacon on an american breakfast, you will upset many Americans.  bacon cheap, up to you :)

This is the house smoked Bacon ... it's pretty thick! If it's not enough we can increase the portion size or offer it as an 'optional extra' per slice! It's not your usual thin stuff you see everywhere in Pattaya

18838999_1411645748906398_955980993115613028_n.jpg

18698331_1405021732902133_1269975850000460823_n.jpg

11111.jpg

Edited by steak&co
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, steak&co said:

This is the house smoked Bacon ... it's pretty thick! If it's not enough we can increase the portion size or offer it as an 'optional extra' per slice! It's not your usual thin stuff you see everywhere in Pattaya

18838999_1411645748906398_955980993115613028_n.jpg

18698331_1405021732902133_1269975850000460823_n.jpg

if you put two of those on, Im in

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, just hanging said:

if you put two of those on, Im in

Defiantly two .....the taste is sensational hmmmmm   :Party1:    I think people will just come for the bacon haha

Edited by steak&co
  • Like 2