IGNORED

Smokin' Joe's BBQ in Soi Lengkee

China Garden

On the coffee beans consider vacuum-packing then freezing freshly roasted beans as soon as they arrive from your supplier - in bags with max a day or two supply once opened. The beans can be ground from frozen.

Ordinary sells wholesale too. If you could get a good price for their premium blend - to me just passing through they quoted 490฿ for 250g, but to the likes of yourselves you should get a decent price - then I would come in specially just for an espresso, that blend is so good.

Recommend the same supplier as Bake n Brew for good quality blends too. Also used by Big Kahuna in Jomtien.

• Like 3

Thailand Wine And Dine - unbiased food reviews around town ... Pollution Watch Thailand - daily air quality readings, news and info, Pattaya

11 minutes ago, TWD said:

On the coffee beans consider vacuum-packing then freezing freshly roasted beans as soon as they arrive from your supplier - in bags with max a day or two supply once opened. The beans can be ground from frozen.

Ordinary sells wholesale too. If you could get a good price for their premium blend - to me just passing through they quoted 490฿ for 250g, but to the likes of yourselves you should get a decent price - then I would come in specially just for an espresso, that blend is so good.

Recommend the same supplier as Bake n Brew for good quality blends too. Also used by Big Kahuna in Jomtien.

Thai coffee is great. Try Friendship Supermarket Royal Estate coffee. Beans or ground. 88 baht/100g

I thought Benjamit was by far the best local coffee in Pattaya and you can buy the coffee beans too??

Must be good as always packed out on a market day and still never been able to get a seat!!??

By the way the updated menus are looking great and the foods excellent as always when I was there.

Edited by stickyfingers

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

5 hours ago, steak&co said:

Correct, we make the tea and serve (unsweetened) and give simple syrup and lemon juice on the side so you can make it how you prefer. 

Thank you for giving a good answer. They did not say what the suryp was for.

I have a brain injury after a motorbike accident in Ao nang in 2013.

Hope to be back to Pattaya in 1 year. Will go back then. :-)

2 hours ago, TWD said:

Thank you for the great advice on freezing the beans, we have a vac-pac machine, I thought about P&F coffee (Bake & Brew) and Benjamit, I am friends with someone who was a Barista back in Canada and knows the owners of Kaizen Coffee in Bangkok and they swear by Phil's Coffee beans, I'm gonna go there personally and try before I buy. Right now we are planning on just improving our coffee with some good beans and a decent machine / grinder, just need to get the training done right. 

Cheers

https://www.facebook.com/kaizencoffeeco/

Edited by steak&co
  • Like 3

I would like to point out - unlike others I like my coffee very hot

If I can drink it in one go its not hot enough - I understand espresso  is different

I have tried the coffee at Ordinary Coffee - no doubt the taste is good - but putting that to one side I found it not hot enough - the second cup I asked for hotter and still not hot enough

Lots of debate on this - but in air conditioned environment it cools down even quicker

Be mindful of coffee temperatures as some people like to sip their coffee over a period of time

• Like 3

Had dinner with my son who is a big BBQ guy he said it was the best he ever had,,,, except his 555

A SMART MONKEY IS A MONKEY THAT DOESN'T MONKEY WITH ANOTHER MONKEY'S MONKEY.

41 minutes ago, socrates said:

If I can drink it in one go its not hot enough - I understand espresso  is different

I have tried the coffee at Ordinary Coffee - no doubt the taste is good - but putting that to one side I found it not hot enough - the second cup I asked for hotter and still not hot enough

Lots of debate on this - but in air conditioned environment it cools down even quicker

Be mindful of coffee temperatures as some people like to sip their coffee over a period of time

Good point. I have a cafetière at home and after pouring it and adding milk, i put the coffee in the microwave lol

14 hours ago, socrates said:

Different blends are sometimes brewed at slightly different ideal temperatures - you can’t really change that in an espresso - but the milk in a cappuccino or latte can certainly be made hot enough to give you the serving temperature you want without affecting the temp the coffee itself was brewed at

• Like 2

Thailand Wine And Dine - unbiased food reviews around town ... Pollution Watch Thailand - daily air quality readings, news and info, Pattaya

On 4/4/2018 at 23:02, steak&co said:

Thank you for the great advice on freezing the beans, we have a vac-pac machine, I thought about P&F coffee (Bake & Brew) and Benjamit, I am friends with someone who was a Barista back in Canada and knows the owners of Kaizen Coffee in Bangkok and they swear by Phil's Coffee beans, I'm gonna go there personally and try before I buy. Right now we are planning on just improving our coffee with some good beans and a decent machine / grinder, just need to get the training done right. 

Cheers

https://www.facebook.com/kaizencoffeeco/

I like P&F’s espresso blend, though some find it a bit bland in a latte or cappuccino.

That can be a problem, what’s good for an espresso isn’t always ideal for a milky coffee.

Big difference in wholesale prices when buying in bulk from the likes of P&F, think it’s at least 20%. That’s why it’s definitely useful to be able to freeze them, and vac packing removes the air and therefore most of the moisture the air contains first

If you bought in a small supply of Ordinary’s premium Arabica blend, 40% Ethiopian/30% Salvadoran/30% Guatemalan, that would be a deal breaker for me, I dream about those flavours lol

4 hours ago, TWD said:

I like P&F’s espresso blend, though some find it a bit bland in a latte or cappuccino.

That can be a problem, what’s good for an espresso isn’t always ideal for a milky coffee.

Big difference in wholesale prices when buying in bulk from the likes of P&F, think it’s at least 20%. That’s why it’s definitely useful to be able to freeze them, and vac packing removes the air and therefore most of the moisture the air contains first

If you bought in a small supply of Ordinary’s premium Arabica blend, 40% Ethiopian/30% Salvadoran/30% Guatemalan, that would be a deal breaker for me, I dream about those flavours lol

The machine arrives Monday, next week the staff are doing at training at Ordinary Coffee so we will pick up those beans you mentioned :)  Off to Bangkok tomorrow to sample a few beans, I'm gonna try the Mod Bar at Nana Coffee Roasters too !!

https://www.facebook.com/nanacoffeeroasters/?ref=br_rs

I saw you mentioned our portobello mushrooms on TWD, we originally bought them in from Choice Foods / Australia, sadly only available in 4 kilo boxes so we now buy Silver Creek from Makro etc (gown in Malaysia I think). Gonna be an exciting week for us! We might not get it right first time but we will definitely persevere and try to improve over next few weeks! 

P.S it was your review of Ordinary coffee which helped us choose them as our trainers 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Steak&co ... could you please post a number for making room reservations for a couple of nights

I spend half my money on hookers and booze ,the other half I waste.

Thanks for the reply

I spend half my money on hookers and booze ,the other half I waste.

• 3 months later...
On ‎05‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 20:06, socrates said:

hi, I am a massive coffee lover and I have this problem quite often regarding the heat of the coffee, I like mine very hot but some places just don't do it or check the heat and when you ask for it hot or hotter they make a stupid face as if your asking for something ridiculous,lol

• 2 weeks later...

Before high season we intend on revamping our menu, we are looking at Smoked Turkey but all that's available all-year round is Norbest Turkey Breast, we would prefer whole Turkeys but not available til October and will probably be out of stock by January. We smoked the Turkey until 165, rested it then sliced it, there was a slight pink smoke ring, it was juicy but didn't pack much flavour. Next time inject the breast with some mixture or clarified butter, poultry stock and some seasoning, perhaps some Cajun spice. 

Our aim will be to sell by weight Smoked Turkey Breast, Pulled Pork, Beef Brisket and Pork Burn't Ends if we can get it right... I'm gonna look at combo plates of say 1/4 Rack of Ribs (4 bones), 1/4lb Turkey, 1/4 lb Pulled Pork etc. We are looking at smoking sausages too .... as well as looking at all of our side dishes. 

Oh and shortly we will be introducing freshly squeezed lemonade to go alongside out Iced Lemon Tea.... Lemon's are pretty expensive here so it wont be all that cheap and I dont wanna use the artificial one.   

38492584_1881904685439893_492216991721979904_n.jpg

38643209_1881904748773220_4340345098656022528_n.jpg

38658489_1881904672106561_5757771184934486016_n.jpg

38748255_1881904692106559_2608066401700675584_n.jpg

Edited by steak&co

Our aim will be to sell by weight Smoked Turkey Breast, Pulled Pork, Beef Brisket and Pork Burn't Ends

Never heard of them before. Heart attack on a plate but I'll give them a shot soon

Edited by froddo
  • Like 2

www.sugarcanemafia.com

6 hours ago, froddo said:

Our aim will be to sell by weight Smoked Turkey Breast, Pulled Pork, Beef Brisket and Pork Burn't Ends

Never heard of them before. Heart attack on a plate but I'll give them a shot soon

Yea basically an easier version of Beef Brisket Burn't Ends, you removed the point part of the brisket at the end off smoking, cube it, toss in some BBQ sauce and back on the the BBQ. However since our brisket is imported Black Angus Point End brisket from Australia the cost is too high and we have to use all the meat for slices to make is viable in Pattaya (Thai beef just doesn't have the fat / marbling needed).  

28 minutes ago, steak&co said:

Our new Breakfast TV advert airing on Monday 

I had the American breakfast yesterday , and the quality of the food was first class . Personally I would say that it's the best place to have breakfast Pattaya  ( and Iv'e tried a lot of places ).

For the prices they are charging , and for this standard of food it's one of the best a bargains in town.

Edited by Syco
  • Like 3

Definitely planning to hit up Smokin’ Joe’s for breakfast multiple times during my trip. Also in 100% for the ribs and pulled pork combo meal that is just awesome. 

Definitely the best breakfast I've had in Pattaya decent quality ingredients and cooked properly.

The coffee is good too, and hot! Praise the lord. hate lukewarm coffee.

It's a shame I'm a Brit cos I'm.priced out of your mains, even the cheapest specials with a drink are costing a tenner. Not your problem of course.

At least I've got breakfast sorted. Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

i would like to thank smokin joes for again for  an excellent and hassle free stay . i have done multiple trips this year and every year and always loved this place.

also thank you for the complementary breakfast , was awesome and very filling.

will be back soon

• Like 2

5 hours ago, i_love_3somes said:

i would like to thank smokin joes for again for  an excellent and hassle free stay . i have done multiple trips this year and every year and always loved this place.

also thank you for the complementary breakfast , was awesome and very filling.

will be back soon

Do the rooms include free breakfast now? How's the wifi? I'm booked to stay there for 2 weeks and arrive in a few days.

On 29/08/2018 at 00:07, Ohyesuare said:

Do the rooms include free breakfast now? How's the wifi? I'm booked to stay there for 2 weeks and arrive in a few days.

We do give 1 breakfast voucher for a 300 baht breakfast 'per week' plus guests enjoy a 10% discount in Steak & Co and Smokin' Joe's, the wifi in the rooms seems just fine :-)   See you soon, have a great stay !